It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities in the polar regions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This guy Dan Bloom wrote about the possiblity we will have cities built undergroud in the arctic.

I have no idea whether this is even possible, but i figured I would share the article, considering some poeple know more about underground tunnels, the arctic, global warning then I do.

www.ipsnews.net...

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Ashley_T]

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Ashley_T]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
im sure global warming will be the best thing that ever happened ... i say bring it on.. please.. its freezing up here ... brrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Apparently they will have to build self-sustaining cities in the polar regions because climate change will eventually make most of Earth uninhabitable.

Interesting concept, however I highly doubt 6 billion people are going to fit down there.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

I often think that is the point. 6 Billion people is simply too many. I do believe that it is possible that GW is a mechanism that is going to re-set the proper balance.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
Apparently they will have to build self-sustaining cities in the polar regions because climate change will eventually make most of Earth uninhabitable.

Interesting concept, however I highly doubt 6 billion people are going to fit down there.

It doesn't say everyone will, only a few hundred million (maybe 500), so they won't save everybody.

Lot's of information about polar cities aswell:
Here
Images
More Info
Just Google for more.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

A star for Animal because he/she hit the nail on the head. Planet not happy. Planet taking steps to remedy that. Planet curing it's own depression.

[edit on 1/29/2008 by Anatomic Bomb]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the links nexus,

Its worth the read, considering more and more never thought of ideas will be showing themselves in the years to come.

top topics

join