It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw mothman?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I always think it would be cool to see the mothman but then again it sounds freaking spoooky. The book already puts fear into you and I guess I could see how you could see something that wasnt there.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i think this guy is on crack!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Alright, you say the mothman interests you right?

In your mind you want to see it, because i do the same thing about ghost, ufos and what not, I WANT to see them.

I once mistaken a silent helicopter for a ufo and I could of sworn it was one and I belived it was a ufo for a while because I wanted to see one so bad.

What i'm saying is that you may have seen something that wasnt huge at all.
Maybe it was a bat or something or a bird and you only got a few seconds looking at it.
You may have thought it was a mothman, but all i'm saying is that it could of been something else.

Although I could be wrong and what you saw really was a mothman.

I'm just saying look at all the facts first before you come to a conclusion.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was a real big bird with a human in it's talons. :

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well,well,well,that's great fun!!!I wish I can meet it either

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
In the dark, something can be anything. A rabbit can be a jackalope. Now what does this teach us? Don't drive while high.

That's wonderful...Holy Crap.

I thought you were going to say " Don't drive at night." But...wow....that's just...so funny...I'm seriously laughing so hard. I don't know why either. Maybe I'm high.

I have a postcard with a picture of a Jackelope on it...I thought it was real at first...maybe I was high...probably.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
this is the only thread so far where i have laughed the whole way through !

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I've watched the movie not too long ago. The only thing I liked about it was the way it was filmed and the fact that it's based on actual events.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Jeepers Creepers, dont you want those peepers...
(I think that's how it goes anyhoo)
I watched 1 and 2 last night! It does seem a bit strange that you're so into them, then see one, I really don't know to be honest, it could have been the mothman (and he could've been drawn to you like said above) or it could've been an animal, and also, you never answered the on illegal substances question...
Did you eat any cheese at your grandma's, I have one friend who see's god knows what at night if she eats cheese.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
This is not entirely factual. Mothman has been identified in a few places in Africa, as well as Texas many years ago before a large hurricane. Mothman sightings have happened as well in other parts of the world. The only reason the sightings in West Virginia are the only one you read much about, is that before that, no one believed in the sightings, and the hurricane in Texas did not make people believe as there are always hurricanes.

However, the hurricane that hit Texas after the sightings was ONE OF the most devistating as far as loss of property and life.

As far as Africa, there are other names given to the same creature there, but it is one in the same.

He is always sighted right before something disasterous where ever he is sighted.

Blessed Be
Whitewolf

Yeah, ive read alot about the mothman sightings from all over the world. Actually the site from the movie has a map with sightings and stories and crap, though i cant seem to find the link right now.
One story was from some mining town in germany( ?) and the mothman just sat in front of the mine, not leting anyone in, and whenever someone went near it, it would scream like "a thousand tortured souls" or something. Anyways, while all the miners and everyone were sitting outside staring at the mothman, they heard something like an explosion. The mothman stood there for a few more minutes , then flew away. Upon liiking inside the mine, they realised what made that noise; the mine had collapsed.

There is argument on wether the mothman causes, warns, or tries to prevent tragedy in the ways he can.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I've never heard of a mothman sighting where he tries to prevent tragedy...
Maybe it was a case of Casper the friendly mothman?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When you focus too much on a subject that keeps you intrigued you will start imagining them. I play Call of Duty all the time, I am obsessed with WWII, then I dream about being in the war myself. Then brain is easy to train.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah I thought it could be that U.S Patriot, I had this odd dream about being in Lord of the Rings as an elf the other night...

But still, dreaming is different from being awake, driving down a road, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm gonna start carrying a camera around everywhere I go. . .
When I get one. . . Damn. . .

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Maybe your infatuation with the mothman got the better of you.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobthebuilder
i think this guy is on crack!!!!!

That's just poor judgement. That is a symptom of crack use. Oh no, you have that symptom. Maybe you on crack!? Don't be a poor judger. It's just pointless (not thta I'm trying to be an @$$).

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Don't give it up. Just because something intrigues you doesn't mean it harms you. If you saw it, you saw it. Your mind doesn't play tricks on you unless some real outside force (like drugs) is controlling it. Hell, I'm obsessed with Kurt Cobain's life and Nirvana, but I don't see Kurt's head everywhere I go -.-

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
so my first thought was OMG could it be mothman?

Now I think thats bull. If I saw anything that remotely resembaled a "Mothman" I'd say something along the lines of...

"HOLY ****!! RUN!!"

But thats just me.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hehe, admitidely, it does seem a bit corny....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
were you in West Virginia? or somewhere else?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join