It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who trust the government...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why?

When you were in school, did you ever come across the rich pompous kids? The ones who seemed to have it all? The ones who you could never really trust, because you know if you let your guard down for two seconds...they'd # you three times from Sunday.

Most of the time these kids were absolute monsters. They did whatever they wanted, and they got away with it. Now just think, where do you think our government officials come from? They are those same kids who had the power when they were children.

The people in this country (and the world for that matter) need to realize that people are "Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." People may be born good, but society/family corrupt them, and the general public ends up being ruled by the most vicious of these bastards.

Many people are good at heart; most members of this forum are. However, the ones who actually have any say in this country, are the ones who would screw you over so quick..your head will spin.

It's nice to think the government is only looking out for your best interest, but that is just a naive thought. People are dicks, I know we all know our fare share of dickhead people. Do you think the government is free of these dickheads?

P.S. Sorry about the lewd language. Just irritates me that people still think the government is run by good-hearted individuals.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think you are on the right track here 88. I think the term is "bully".

There is no doubt we find a lot of those in government, and in lower levels of the bureaucracy (Police, and Dept of Motor Vehicles, to name two.) You also find a lot of that in business.

However, I do not want to lose faith, and assume that we have a homogenous society of bullies that are in charge. There are a lot of brave people who are willing to fight against that. It requires bravery, and empathy, and the will to resist. We still have an abundance of that.

The scale could tip quite easily. So your post is very worthy and cautionary. (I don’t have much else to say, but at least this will return your post to the top of the “recent posts”, so others can comment.)

It's an eternal battle. Seize the day.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think these bullies acually think that they are doing a good thing. They convince themselves that others do not matter.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
i think these bullies acually think that they are doing a good thing. They convince themselves that others do not matter.

Exactly right. People who physically bully other people have something in common with people who prevaricate and lie.

It is as if certain people are not satisfied with the miracle of being alive in this universe – they want to feel IMPORTANT also. This type of person feels a compulsion to dominate others.

It is as if a certain part of their life experience is numb. Perhaps the root cause is a very weak self-image and loads of self-doubt. Perhaps this is all caused by an unspoken fear of their inevitable mortality. I don't know, but it is obviously very common in our world.

I have empathy (to a limit) for these types of people. But it is also such a dangerous thing to permit this to go unchecked. Think about Stalin and Hitler and (out on a limb) perhaps George Bush. Dominating others can cause immense pain. And we all have to take an active roll in resisting this common pitfall of human experience. You have to promote reason and truth and – (dare I say this?) – you have to deny ignorance.

Barely on topic: Once I heard a statement by Bob Lazar: when he was in a position to hold his famous top secret, it made him feel incredibly superior. He had no inclination to share this powerful knowledge with others. Not withstanding any other aspect of the Bob Lazar controversy, this statement seemed so real to me, and so understandable, that I am inclined to believe other things he says (strangely so.) It describes human nature, and the desire to dominate, quite precisely.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

Originally posted by earthman4

Exactly right. People who physically bully other people have something in common with people who prevaricate and lie.

It is as if certain people are not satisfied with the miracle of being alive in this universe – they want to feel IMPORTANT also. This type of person feels a compulsion to dominate others.

Very nicely put, and quite true.

Originally posted by Buck Division
Barely on topic: Once I heard a statement by Bob Lazar: when he was in a position to hold his famous top secret, it made him feel incredibly superior. He had no inclination to share this powerful knowledge with others.

And that's another reason why big secrets can stay so very well hidden.

Have a star!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I absolutely agree, even with your language, but something you must remember is that those rich pompous kids/people, they will never know how to think properly, from birth they are raised to be better than everyone and spoiled and most of all to do what they are told, in this sense i feel sorry for them, but they are still bastards, and tools,

but i still respect the government because they so effectively keep the population in total blindness, i have to say they have very clever tactics

hey i want a star
lol

[edit on 22-1-2008 by tankthinker]

top topics

join