It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster Quest - The Real Hobbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I saw that tonights episode of Monster Quest is about the "Real Hobbit".

I've never heard of this in Cryptozoology and was wondering if any of you guys had?

The Real Hobbit - A MonsterQuest expedition will deploy researchers and the latest technology into the jungle, searching for evidence of a creature natives describe as half man, half ape.

I will be watching it tomorrow as I don't get that channel, but I hope someone can shed some light on this for me and others.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
its about the orang pendek, which is something similar to the same style of creature as a bigfoot, only instead of being large it is instead rather small, between 80 and 150 centimeters.

wikipedia link

"official" site for the orang pendek

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Try Googling homo floresiensis. This is the name given to some petite human-like remains that were discovered in 2004 on the island of Flores in Indonesia. I think MonsterQuest is going to attempt to tie them with the Oreng Pendek. Should be an interesting show.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I watched this one last night, and it was very interesting, and certainly more believable than some of the other episodes they put out, like the 'rods' one *rolls eyes*.

I have to admit though, up until that show last night, it was my first time also hearing of a so-called 'hobbit'.

It was a real shame the footprint casts turned out to be just bear tracks
still, its what keeps us looking, eh?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Of course I watched it and found it to be just another monstercrap waste of time.

If anyone wants to track the progress of searching for the pendek I suggest going over to cryptomundo.com. They have been on this story for a long time.

As for monstercrap, I would rather have my eyes removed with a sharp stick than watch another minute of this cut rate trash of a show.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There were rumours, tales if you like, of hobbit like creatures living in the dis used underground in London. Obviously no proof has ever been found and probably none ever will!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not to get off subject too far but I remember growing up in NWPA and there was this place not far from my town where there was a whole bunch of miniature homes. They had little front doors and everything was about 8/10ths scale. It was a normal 2 lane street but lined with these little houses. From what I knew there was an apparent group of dwarfs or little people living there but I don't remember them to be occupied at the time.

I wish I could remember more about it but it was rather strange to say the least.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, maybe the hobbit is actually a baby Bigfoot. Probably not but I would like to think so.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Why don't you like MonsterQuest? I think it is a descent show. No one else is doing anything like this that you can watch on TV.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to the January 23rd episode (Well from what I read on the official site anyway.)

American Werewolf - Eyewitnesses in Wisconsin and Michigan report seeing a tall hairy man - beast some describe as a dogman...a centuries old legend based on myth, not a real animal. But what are they seeing? MonsterQuest will deploy professional hunters and trackers in an area with recent sightings, armed with a tranquilizer gun. And for the first time eyewitness accounts will be put to the test, using polygraphs and hypnosis&the results will astonish.

Wednesday January 23rd at 10PM

Nothing like a good ol' lie detector to see who's fibbing or not. Wonder what the results will be like?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it aswell, seen as it was here at ATS where I first heard of the michigan dogman, and saw the footage of the apparant attack.

I think it's the last in the series, but not sure, hopefully not the last ever!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Why don't I like it? Because it's so hokey and ridiculous. I don't want to get into all the things I find wrong with the show (I posted them on another thread) but suffice it to say I have watched almost every one of them and not once did I think there was an efficient or concerted effort to identify the subject matter. Mostly just a lot of drama and theater.

I'm not impressed by the show in any respect. Maybe my expectations were too high to begin with. It's not that I expect an exposure but I guess just better all around hunting of the subjects.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The show in general is hit or miss. I perfer Destination Truth on SCI FI channel better. They seem to poke fun at he locals more, which I think is funny. Also, they seem to dig up a little bit better evidence.

Nothing in this epsoide showed any signs of the orang pendek being a real creature. They were able to get some nice sun bear foot prints casts. Which at the time they were convinced were orang pendek tracks.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

join