It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is someone posting just to distract us all from what is really going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've noticed, more so lately as the elections heat up, that the amount of new threads regarding all sorts of crazy and arguably irrelevant things have been posted. I suspect that it's to bury the good posts and threads that actually have a few nuggets of truth to them, so that in effect the board becomes 95% garbage that must be sifted through and this takes huge amounts of time, just to get to the 5% or so that is actually potent and worth something. Also, I wonder if it is also to keep the big issues off of the main screen when you first log on?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? For instance, someone might offer up some serious and telling evidence to expose some huge conspiracy for what it is, and then it will be buried in 20 pages of misc. posts of insignificant content, and also dozens if not hundreds of new threads about everything on the homestead including the kitchen sink is posted. I know what I consider to be important may differ than what many of you may, and that important is somewhat a subjective term, but it really looks like, in my most humble opinion that an organized effort is underway to make it more difficult for the average person without a lot of time on his or her hands to log on and sift through all the muck to find the gem, as it were.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Personally, I think.....

Hey, look over there!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Actually, this whole board and even the internet was created to distract you "from what is really going on"!

Not many people know what "is really going on" and most would find it rather boring.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You sound perfect for PTS.

What you say holds merit it really does, just stay alert to all the other information floating around to distract you from what the elections are designed to distract you from.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The elections don't matter. The elections are a distraction from the truth that you are a slave.

Check out this important thread to learn more:

A Bigger Picture (Rise of the NWO)

[edit on 1/16/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I may post a lot of things that are more PTS, but I was referring also to ATS, particularly with the threads dealing with artifacts on our Moon & Mars....take a typical John Lear Thread for instance...then Sherpa and Zorgon offer up some compelling pictures to back up some super extraordinary statements, and then it's followed by back and forth statements for page after page after page until finally some one who looks to be genuine asks a question and so Sherpa or whomever (i'm not actually singling any of these folks out, it's just their names come to mind because I've seen so many really cool posts by them) has to go back and repost their original information, and then the same back and forthers commence to add absolutely nothing of any substance for another 5 or six pages...it's almost like they (someone or someones) are purposely trying to bury the information...you see this in politics too, but I can't help but think most of that is just brainwashed people who get their ideology spoon fed daily by the talking heads and the party talking points, because mostly all you read is parrot calls of the same old party slogans and political myths.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A big problem is that not everyone learns everything at the same time, and not everyone has the patience to read through 20 pages before making a comment.

I personally don't mind a little re-hashing, as long as it doesn't spiral into pointless argument.

Also keep in mind, that what might look like pointless argument may actually be subtle advancement of investigation into a topic.

top topics

join