It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aids..HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hello all,

I'd like to know more, also if you have links, showing how there is no relation between HIV and AIDS.
Some say that aids is a man made disease and has nothing to do with HIV.

I would like to know more about this, so if anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't think you'll find much that's credible in anyway. If someone doesn't get HIV, then they don't get AIDS. Simple as that. There IS a relation between the two.

BTW, when AIDS first was diagnosed...the government (or anyone) didn't have the genetic technology required to create it. That came later.

There's no single document that links HIV and AIDS, but there are many thousands of papers that when taken collectively, provide overwhelming evidence that they are related.

Why would a govenment create it anyway?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
why would a government create aids?????

perceived population control of "undesireables".

experiments. just for the hell of it.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by last time here]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i worked in an HIV/ AIDS clinic for years before moving

you are only diagnosed with AIDS when your T cell count reaches a low

you can always bounce back up to HIV status

just for the record noone has ever died of AIDS

they always die from complications first

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here
why would a government create aids?????

perceived population control of "undesireables".

experiments. just for the hell of it.

MurderCityDevil is correct. It's the complications. No immune system means every germ and virus has free reign on the body.

Just for the hell of it is pretty much out as a reason, since they didn't have the technology. Population control is most often cited as why, but it doesn't make much sense. A few questions I would have are:

1) Why would the WHO (World Health Organization) which is the the United Nations public health arm, be involved in a plot formed by the US govenment?
2) Why would the government make this decision to commit population control using an untested and very new virus?
3) Why would they use a retrovirus, which by definition is SLOW. Not even slow in months, but in years. They certainly knew then of the possiblity of world wide spread.
4) Why not use something else that might cause victims to simply be sterile?
5) Why would they target minorities or homesexuals specifically with that retrovirus, knowing it could never be limited to just those groups?
6) Why target homosexuals for population control (since that's how it started spreading initially) when, as far as I'm aware, male-to-male intercouse can't cause pregnancy?

Most research views are that HIV doesn't have a sufficient sector of homology with the proposed parent viruses used to supposedly engineer it in the first place.

If you study the actual timeline rather then just hear "virus" and think it was created, then you'll realize there were many factors that also come into play. Why would the government look for a weapon of mass genocide or control early in the 70's and use a completely unknown area of human retroviruses as the source? There were plenty of known and available alternatives. Military science had no reason to look at that group of viruses that HIV belongs to.

Look at the world social conditions of the time. International travel was on the rise, the sexual revolution was happening, injection drug use was building, and blood donations with multiple re-use of syringes in many Third World countries was happening. All of those provide an Occam's Razor type of explanation.

There are many such factors involved.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

to me for certain things in life, I think well, there really isnt much we can do now but educate ourselves and hope for the best and try to find the best treatment out there

your body is programmed to kill anything foriegn including ALL virus thats why we make antibodies

with HIV virus it tricks the body not to kill the virus but you still prodice anitbodies, thats how they know you have it, if your body is filled with antibodies

its actually a very sneaky virus

every virus youve ever had you still have, they never leave your body, most are stored in the liver and you have the antibodies for them

thats why people with herpes virus will always have it, and most people with HPV will always have some strain of it still, and other virus'

there is no cure for any kind of virus, so inturn its not just HIV that there is no cure for, its just HIV tricks your body to not kill it

top topics

join