It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Musketeers On Mars!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

great finds mikesingh, even though these could very well be rock formation whatever the fact is that they look like faces, there sure seems to be way too many coincidences like this on mars coming up lately. I mean sure, if i had only seen one face i would just say hmm whatever prolly rocks, but ive seen faces, resemblance of towns, resemblance of skulls, resemblances of humanoid statues, etc. Thus it begins hard to deny this while thinking rationally and realistically. The only way i would totally call all this stuff out as naturally formed is if someone were to show me all the resemblances of faces etc that i have seen on mars but on earth, naturally formed, because i know of none.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

And that's what happens if you don't copyright your images!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by mikesingh]

Interesting find. They do look like faces, but they will probably just turn out like the other famous face on mars.

You're not really copyrighting those images, btw.

Did you know that your work is automatically copyrighted the moment you create it? You don't even have to add your name to the picture.

You are merely adding your non-legally binding screen name to the picture - which could be edited off - resulting in someones work, which would automatically give them copyright as long as you did nothing about it, legally
. If you actually wanted to do anything about that, say a lawsuit to protect your pictures, you'd have to register those pictures with a government copyright office.

Otherwise, I'd say what you are doing is operating on an honor system and declaring more of an "internet reputationright" than anything else

You're images - like pirated music - are only copyrighted as much as you are willing to take legal action.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by benign.psychosis
Did you know that your work is automatically copyrighted the moment you create it? You don't even have to add your name to the picture.

Thanks BP, but I didn't know that it's automatic!!
Why I've started doing this is because I know how it feels getting ripped off by someone and claiming the find and all the work done on the images as his!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a foundation course in formal logic really would help avoiding such basic errrors as :

Originally posted by mikesinghImagination? Rock formations? Whatever, these except the last one, resemble the ‘face’ on Cydonia. If the latter has positively been debunked and proved beyond doubt that it’s just a natural rock formation, then these can be considered natural geological formations too.

But as far as I know, the jury is still out on that one!!

please address each formation / alledged geoglyph as a single unique entity . and investigate the evidence of its alledged artificiality independantly

the nature and origin of one formation has ZERO bearing on the nature / origin of the others

is this simple , logical approach to investigation too much to ask ?

PS - as i am pleading for scientific rigour in thiese ` investigations ` can we have a scale for these images ??

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

Hi BP,
Have a quick look at this thread regarding copyright and ATS,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

most enlightening.

Mike you sure can pull them out of the hat! nice aerial observation. Now how about them worms that seem to mass migrate? (I'll get the images to you soon!)

H

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Are you meaning this?

Courtesy: JP Skipper

Actually sand dunes migrating due to wind!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Thanks Internos! This PNG image is the best....

themis-data.asu.edu...

The area is toward the bottom. Like another Cydonia. Isn't it strange that both areas look alike? And both have 'faces'?

Well if its the same type of area, with the same type of geography... Its bound to look pretty much the same. Sort of like how forests in North America look like forests in Europe, despite being on two different continents

Regardless, I dont think they are much interesting. MAYBE if we had a really high image and it still looked like faces, but not with that.

I'm finding the formation north in the image much more interesting. Why isnt it a ridge like all the other formations in the area?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Always a pleasure to read your threads mike. I find it interesting that you always remain ambivalent about the nature of these artifacts, a good stance, since how can any one man truly be sure of anything? But I think we both know enough about the subject to come to the conclusion that many of these artifacts are indeed, evidence of sentience.

The rhythm of light stays bright in the midst of the night.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Those are just rocks people...

Rocks.... plain and simple....

[edit on 13-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
Those are just rocks people...

Rocks.... plain and simple....

[edit on 13-1-2008 by omnicron]

Your surety of what they are not is surely as foolish as that of the man who is sure of what they are.

You are my opponent.

there are things much deeper than what you may see speechless.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good find! Keep us updated if you find anything else

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
I'd be interested if people found face images through rock formations here on Earth, just for comparison. From satellite images. If none could be found here on Earth, I'd be more of a believer that potentially 'races' created them on Mars.

I wouldn't. The environment on mars is so much different than Earth. There appears to be a novel ratio of rock formations to sand. The sand is constantly shaping the landscape as it moves quicky across the surface. What we are seeing is akin to the deltas which are formed at the mouths of rivers. Thats why they all have that triangular like apperance ( two supposed eyes, and one supposed chin or mouth).

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hi mike, at the top of the source image(themis-data.asu.edu...) did you add or alter anything? Why is there writing on the gold-colored geological formations? It seems to spell out MARTIANS. Is this a joke?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I'm finding the formation north in the image much more interesting. Why isnt it a ridge like all the other formations in the area?

That's right merka. Those gold colored formations at the top of the source image are pretty striking. I haven't brought this up as it doesn't concern the 'faces', but probably requires to be discussed in a separate thread!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter

Hi mike, at the top of the source image(themis-data.asu.edu...) did you add or alter anything? Why is there writing on the gold-colored geological formations? It seems to spell out MARTIANS. Is this a joke?

Hi Ameneter! Can you elucidate? What's that you see? Can you clarify where the 'writing' is? Or are you meaning that those gold colored formations scream, 'Martians!!'

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
" our intrepid little internet nerd "

Sorry mike but....

I truly appreciate what you're doing though...keep up the outstanding
work

Anyway I was thinking…..you should literally post these 3 faces to Richard C. Hoagland …I’m sure he’d be interested….hell, you might even get some time on
coast-to-coast…..

[edit on 13-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Anyway I was thinking…..you should literally post these 3 faces to Richard C. Hoagland …I’m sure he’d be interested….hell, you might even get some time on
coast-to-coast…..

Bah! I don't need any publicity! If RCH or anyone else is interested, they can enter the portals of ATS and get the needed gen!

Thanks andre!

Cheers!

[edit on 14-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hi mike, if you look at the top of the source image, there are four gold colored geological formations. Zoom in on the largest one in the middle and at the top of that formation are letters that seem to spell out "MARTIANS". I thought maybe you made those markings to identify the strip, if not maybe NASA did?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

Ah! So you mean this....

Yeah! It sure looks like something written - the 'M' and the 'A'!! But that's rock formations. You didn't expect the Martians to know English, did you??

Keep looking!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hi mike, here is a crop from the source image with some added contrast( "http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/ameneter/V04359003COPY.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">). It's not that the "Martians" would know english, but someone from NASA surely does!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join