It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's MonsterQuest - Escamillia tonight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It has come to my attention that tonight ( January 09, 2008 ) - at 10 PM EST, USA. - the History channel will be airing a new episode of 'MonsterQuest' - entired 'Mysterious Flying Creatures' ( I believe that is accurate. ) This is actually a re-tread of Jose Escamillia's 'Rods Phenomenon.'

I have actually had multiple interactions with Mr. Escamillia - for more than a decade. I also know - from previous postings - that he sometimes comes to this message board.

Congratulations - and am looking forward to the airing of your show tonight, Mr. Jose. I will make it a point to record it -- and will be watching very closely for material content. Depending on the presentation - may be posting more here later.

Good luck tonight -

'John Bro' Wilkie

skymonsters.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love that show. Some of the stuff they have come up with has been fascinating. It's a blast to watch. Kudos to the History channel for airing it.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Thank you for the "ad" to watch a show based on Mr. Escamilla. He has been banned from this site, partially to do his behavior. He has lost any credibility with me, and I for one will not be tuning in to the program.

I will make sure not to go anywhere near the History Channel during the viewing time of that program, which is sad because the History Channel is one of the few I even ever care to watch!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That is almost funny. I did not know that Mr. Escamillia had been banned from this site. LOL!! Actually, my message... was a thinnly-vield warning to him... as I thought that he comes here - to check up on his latest 'concensus.'

I have had dealings with this guy... for more than a decade now. Multiple times... he has included my materials in his 'specials' - but has cropped the images to the point where the 'credits' have been removed. Later, no mention of this is included. At some point, a person has simply had enough. Yes... I am going to watch this show tonight. And if it happens again, I am going to start raising some ruckus. I will post examples... along with URLs as to where the original materials were lifted from.

Recently, I am forwarded yet another example... of where Mr. Escamillia is having correspondances with people... -- insulting and 'debunking' my findings / photos. This has been going on for years. The man acts as if he is gloating... after having beaten me in a poker tournament, or something. And still... he repeatedly has used my materials to somehow reinforce the 'validity' of his.

The genre' is simply fraught with such activities. The media aspect of it is like a 'who's who of celebrity chasers.' No one covers up information in the UFO genre' better than the competitive 'money-grab' race that is the UFO media. I refer to them as the 'Stars of UFOs.' And they want to be the 'warehouse' of information pertaining to this subject. And for only $19.95 - you can download their video.

I have NEVER - publically stated that I think that Escamillia's works are a fraud or a hoax. Nor have I elluded to thinking they are 'mis-identifications.' But Jose has - concerning mine. I am not really sure as to why anyone would perceive my long-past observations as being some sort of a 'threat.' Then to... after the fact, use my oft-slighted images in his presentations - is simply unbelievable.

Jose - if you are reading this - re: "Rods phenomenon" special / 'Smoking Gun evidence' / 'San Diego News report' - etc. And, my introducing you to T.J. Constable. Short memory... you have.

Hopefully, after tonight... this post will amount to nothing more than an unsubstantiated rant on my part. But if my materials do end up on the History Channel tonight... -- expect some repercussions.

Good luck... and happy hunting.

'Johnbro'

www.Johnbro.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Thank you for the "ad" to watch a show based on Mr. Escamilla. He has been banned from this site, partially to do his behavior. He has lost any credibility with me, and I for one will not be tuning in to the program.

Of course he was banned since he was attacked by all sorts of anonymus twats who were persistant in pissing him off. He's a human of flesh and blood afterall and of course, he fired back and got banned by the mods.

That doesn't mean I'm not gonna watch his documentary. It may be crap, but then again, it may be good, so I'm gonna give it a go.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Breadfan]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

You know, after what the OP here has to say, I think I might watch it as well. It should be interesting to hear back if any of the materials he uses were, ahem........borrowed. At one time I thought the topic of "rods," was fascinating.

In regards to Mr. Escamilla firing back, yep, he's human and made that descision, although he kept promising to ignore people who were instigating him. He then sent some of them e-mails outside of the chat.
He chose not to use his ignore button.

Aside from that, he had a pretty hard time keeping his story together, and when he couldn't, he let the people who demanded that he should, get to him. A sure sign of a frustrated hoaxter to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I read every page of 'that' thread, and although I didn't participate I had the benefit of being an outsider looking in. The character assassination was utterly breathtaking to witness and did a lot to damage my respect for this site. Fair enough he had enough people stroking his ego too, but he is obviously a very emotional man and reacted, albeit inappropriately.

I do not think his actions here alone should ruin his credibility though, that to me smacks of stubborn narrow mindedness. The man has done more than most for the UFO field and that should not be pushed aside. If what the OP says is true, then those are the sort of accusations that result in real world lawsuits, and I would like to see the result. To come here with that kind of information and not follow it up would be criminal in itself. I will be watching this thread with interest.

I have no agenda and I am not defending Jose, just telling it like I see it. I for one will continue to search out his information with interest.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Escamilla was banned? That's news to me.

Anyhow, I'll definitely be checking out that show. Speaking of the History channel, wasn't there supposed to be a UFO show where they had 'new evidence' (of course that's what they say in all their shows
.) I think it was in regards to some cop that collects dashboard camera footage. I know, i know... the history channel should be the last place where we'll find conclusive evidence regarding aliens... but still fun to watch.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have not had good experiences with this individual. Not understanding the ( just my opinion ) sustained lack of integrity that I find in the media end of what is truly the 'UFO business' - I will simply say that... I would conduct myself differently. That aside...

I have never stated that 'Rods' were not real. I wish they weren't - but I have seen them with my un-aided eye. To me, personally... this ensures ( only ) me- that what I saw was not CCD artifacts - stretched 'fields' - or internal lens refractions/reflections. The following is a pic that I took myself - and is absolutely representative. One would have to take into account - the sharpness of the object... the lighting... and shading. It is exactly what I saw with my eyes.

If folks don't want to believe the legitimacy of the image - it is their choice - and has little impact on me. I don't have any videos for sale or rent. Just sharing with interested parties - considering myself more of a conscientious observer in all of this. My great 'crime' with JE - is that I publically stated that I don't believe that 'these' are always 'living organisms.'

I find both sides of this.... distasteful. Ironically, in this forum... I may be more of an advertisement for JE - than a detractor. Any affiliation between us has been a great dis-service, at best. I guess one would have had to of been there.

jb

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

I just finished watching that show.

What say you, Johnbro?

Moths, birds, fish, debris blown around by storm winds, flying space debris? LOL........it was pretty entertaining!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The show was great Jose Escamillia got owned
There isn't any doubt in my mind that these rods are an effect produced by the camera while capturing insects, birds, plants or debris moving at high speed

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thankfully, for the first time since I have endured watching 'Rods' specials... none of my images were 'included.' My best guess is that, because it was the History Channel - Jose was only allowed to include materials that he actually owned the copyrights to - or was public domain.

Instead of images of any detail - there were mostly blurry black specs... that people would likely immediately identify as insects. There was one video section from a New York newsman - and the object in question appeared to be rigid - arrow=straight - with variable vanes appendages - looking nearly identical to an AiM-9 'sparrow' missile. That one was a little harder to dismiss. Also, the footage obtained from the 'cave of swallows' in Yucatan Mexico was a bit more in line with my experiences. Still, they were small relative to the full screen of the monitors.

It seemed that the History Channel was 'on his side' pretty much throughout. But coming into the last 15 minutes of the program - a couple of guys were shown conducting comparative experiments' with a 'high-speed' camera - that reportedly was capable of 500 fps. They started out... wanting to videotape some insects - supposedly, for comparisons to alledged 'Rods' footage.

During their session - a wobbly ( not arrow-straight ) slightly-bent and blurry streak flew through the viewfinder of the regular videocamera. It was weak in comparison - but did in some vital ways - resemble much of the footage that has been deemed 'Rods.' Simultaneously, the high-speed camera recorded the same.

When the camera team reviewed the footage from the high-speed camera - it was clearly a MOTH traversing closely to the camera lens.

In actuality, I do not think this is funny. The 'proof' that they presented was similar - but not the exact kind of thing that I earlier related to in my previous post. But in the end - I think that it will be taken for granted that it was a 'final debunking' of the 'Rods Phenomenon.'

Out on the west coast - somewhere in the North Hollywood area - I imagine Jose is at home.... anxiously awaiting the airing of the program ( which won't air out there.... until 1 AM EST, USA. ) - quite proud of the aspect of some 'final vindication' - and gathering friends and colleagues around him for a 'victory after-party.'

He really is going to be hurt and angry - when he sees their final conclusions. Having been in that industry for a couple of decades... I can tell you now - he did not see the episode ahead of time.

Again... the camera crew that 'debunked' him - did not actually get footage of what it is Jose Escamillia is talking about. But most of the world is going to think that they did. Mr. E - isn't going to be sleep too well tonight.... that is for sure.

I won't gloat here. I just think it is sad. But somehow, appropo. Better luck next time.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Artreyus

Did you catch the show? I'm sure you didn't miss it, since you are not narrow minded!

Say, he has done wonders for the UFO community how? Name one thing he has done that is legitmate for me, pretty please?

Did he get $19.95 from you, too?

How did you like those motion distorted pictures of everything but UFO's?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

That is very kind of you to have such empathy towards him considering what you had to say earlier.

What the crew on that show filmed, looked very comparative to what Jose had to offer, yet you say this is not what he is trying to convey.

It looked just about the same to me, so as a viewer of that particular show, I can say that I feel he was debunked.

They did mention there could be other things not visible to us that cause the phenomenon, so, I guess Jose will have to come up with something a little more descisive as proof. Back to the drawing board, so to speak.

When I saw a program about the Cave of Swallows back in the 90's, they said pretty much the same thing, that the "rods" were actually insects or birds, so this news should not come as a shock to him.

As you put it, "better luck next time."

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am wondering.... if this will hurt his sales??

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Maybe Art can now get a refund.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I didn't know people were still looking for these "rods". I thought it was clearly insects and birds and that it was pretty much proven. Oh well I will return to my spot under my little rock now.
Oh by the way JohnBro. I went to your site and that midi music made it impossible for me to spend more than the time it took mew to click the back button on my browser. Sorry but that music is horrendous.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
no rods visible to the eye
no rod corpses
no rod sounds
no rods ever hit by an airplane or vice versa
moths and birds look like rods when filmed with a slow video camera and they fly perpendicular to the line of camera sighting

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's okay, Daz. You wouldn't have like it, anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I didn't see the show but applaud him for the effort nonetheless. If it wasn't for Escamilla's work there wouldn't be any debunking effort at all. Nobody would be interested in it.

I've read somewhere that we as humans only know approximately 15% of all living creatures on this planet. The rest are unclassified/unknown.

So even if 99 similar stories out of a 100 are false and debunked 1 may actually be true. We shoudn't discourage people who spent their time and effort researching things that seem out of this world and gloat at their "failure" because we need as many such researchers as possible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join