It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - UK News channels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am in the UK and have been keeping up to date with whats going on over in the USA in regards to the straw polls. at least I thought I was anyway.

On our main news channels in the UK we are told that the main runners are Hilary Clinton, John McCain and Barack Obama. Hardly any mention of Ron Paul.

I have been following Ron Paul ever since watching a video on youtube where it showed a rigging of a straw poll. The other candidates supporters were allowed to vote as many times as they liked and Ron Paul supporters were only allowed one vote each. I am interested in why the top news channels in the United Kingdom aren't showing anything about this candidate? instead we get to see excerps of Hilary Clinton crying over and over again, surely there must be more to this than appears?

Even though I am in the UK ever since the Iraqi war I have been following American politics and I am overwhelmed at the level of corruption and false promises. Admittedly its a global thing and not just America but American decisions in politics have alot to answer for don't they?

Does anyone else have anything to say about this I would particularly like to hear from anyone else in the UK that are following the American elections.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by taupact]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by taupact

I'm interested how foreign media and governments (but more importantly, the people) feel about Dr. Paul's platform. I'm sure that there are more than a few countries who are sick of us being in their backyard. We certainly wouldn't like it.

I'd imagine Dr. Paul would have the strongest support from other nations, due to his "stay our of others' business" foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My guess is if you look at who owns the "foreign" media, you'll get your answer. A large amount of the western media is in the hands of less than 15 corporations if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Yes.
(First time poster... et.al)
Though, in a realistic sense that particular figure is not exactly illustrative of the demographic involved,

I suspect (as a personal theory*) that the standard distribution in this case would apply as it would with a normal demographic.

I.e. That the median/significant distribution within a particular audience/selection or population lies within the centre quartile which just so happens to equate to an equivalent central quartile where the particular measurement is considered to be 'media control as a function of the personal politics of the chairman'.

Unfortunately this particular form of statistics erroneously leads viewers not familiar with the mechanism to conclude that simply because the 'majority' of a medium follows a particular trend, it is being exposed to a corresponding representative form of publicity.

(* because i really can't be bothered digging up examples with which i can use as a reference somewhat more authoritative than Wikipedia )

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So are you saying that the media in the UK will only show who their financial backers want them to show? surely not?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by taupact

On our main news channels in the UK we are told that the main runners are Hilary Clinton, John McCain and Barack Obama. Hardly any mention of Ron Paul.

It appears you are receiving accurate information. Perhaps the ommission of Huckabee or Romney should have been included as a "front runner". Ron Paul is by no means a front runner in this election.

Becker

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

Yeah I gotta be honest with you alot of people here in the UK are sick and tired of the US goverments sticky mits in all the pies. I work for an American Company here in the UK and I can see first hand the impact the meddling is having on its own economy and others. Some may say its all planned but I don't think so.

Once the US invades Iran thats the final nail in the diplomatic coffin No matter which candidate wins the election it will be impossible to wallpaper over the cracks. From there its a downward spiral to recession.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Thats an interesting statement, one that I take on board.

What about all the polling videos showing the fraud,deception and lies.

I read on the internet that Ron Pauls finance comes from his supporters and that he made more money in a day or a week through donations than any other candidates. Surely thats got to count for something?

www.usadaily.com...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by taupact]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by taupact

His fundraising has been terrific. That information is probably in another UK article somewhere. He's just not a "front runner" in the elections.

Paul's campaign has a very strong online presence. For fellow onliners, this may seem to correlate into popular votes. This is an easy mistake to make.

Paul may make it to Feb. 5th (Super Tuesday), but he will withdraw on the 6th.

Becker

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its easy to talk the talk but when it comes to getting off of the couch or away from the keyboard and actually doing something about it........Thats where it ends - Can you vote online in America?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why did you pick Ron Paul only?

Why not ask, why they're not talking or haven't talked about about Bill Richardson, Duncan Hunter, Dennis Kucinich, Tom Tancredo, Mike Gravel, Sam Brownback, Joe Biden, etc.?

Simple answer - which is a question - Why would they?
If you want info on those candidates, the internet is widely available and has all the info you need. But I can't imagine anyone outside of the U.S. wasting air time on candidates who aren't really relevant....

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Since we in the UK have no control over the vote (well, except The Queen who obviously has final say on it*) I assume there's little mention of Ron Paul because he's not expected to win. Simple as that.

* edit: Joke!!!

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Essan]

niv

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There's also very little in the US media about Ron Paul. He wasn't even allowed in the last debate even though he had polling suggesting he was likely to get far more votes than others who were permitted in the debate.

top topics

join