It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is definately monitered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
I can visit a video many times a month, showing my friends/family...but you know what. When something gets posted here it gets removed from the net at an amazing rate....
coicidence right?

IMO... here's what the member is suggesting;

when a vid is posted on YouTube or Google, it remains on those sites for quite a long time, BUT, when it gets posted on ATS, it is at times taken off those sites.

Am I wrong in that?

Your example is correct.
My example is when i have been directed by some one on this site to USAF(i think) documents about portal/stargate technology, only to go back a couple of weeks later to find the PDF missing from official government backed websites.
Zorgon is the best person to talk to about this.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can these "OMG ATS is being watched/monitored/spied on" crap... Every now and then there pops a thread about (more or less) the same thing. I saw a thread a couple of days ago, ATS is dead, or something like that...

Its because a lot of threads get repeated over and over and over and over (just with different thread names and members)... it gets quite monotonous. So what if sites are being monitored, its most likely to stop people from doing something illegal (eg. terrorism)...

Please stop with these types of threads. Until someone finds something conclusive about this sort of thing, it gets boring.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
I just googled "underground infrastructures" and the ats threads directing me to related threads are no longer there.

There must be a simple explanation.

Threads get moved, sometimes get trashed for gross violations of the Terms and conditions of the site, sometimes for plagerism,, sometimes they are duplicates (Duplicates may be hard to find esp if they have a different title etc.), May get moved to RATS etc.

Can you give exact examples of dissapeared threads?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Content that originates here on ATS can only be deleted by the staff ie: Mods, SuperMods, Admin, and Owners. Even there there are still records etc.

Outside agencies cannot delete threads here on ATS.

However, if you are linking to a another site for say a pdf. document etc. (as mentioned above) ATS has no controll over what people delete from thier sites for whatever reason etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
thats life my young friends! I expect your still in your teen years. unfortunately thats what life gives us you gotta just make it what you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OR... are you saying that this site is used for a fisihing expedition used to obtain all information and the sources for further examination?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This site is a fun site thats all. A site to see what different theories are out there. Then we have to go out and do our own research using other sources.

Anyone on this site either believes in the subject matter already, is a disinfo stooge or a complete skeptic. I almost never see anyone back pedal on a belief on this site or say "hey you raise a good point i do believe 9/11 is an inside job" or "i didn't believe in aliens but now thanks to ats i do"

The worst thing anyone can do is take any members word for it because whether they are a moderator, site owner, Super member(this is jokes) or an average member they each come with a laundry list of biases and agendas both good intentioned and bad.

So for god sake don't post anything to this site first because it won't reach the masses. Second lets just assume this site is compromised you are hopefully doing your own research and can discern the truth from lies. Lastly w/e you do just be your own ats start your own sites man and go discover new things or take on a project to find out original info.

I don't mind this site but hey i listen to Glen Beck sometimes and i hate him. You gotta know what the enemy propaganda is so you can combat it more effectively.

We are all monitored in virtually every aspect of our lives i'm sure Digg is monitored way more than this site so ya i say don't worry bout it the ideas will get out and they can't stop them best they can do is tell their masters that they are monitoring us, because they can't do much else. So for all the monitors Beefcake is flashin his pearly white ass at ya

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

That video is still there. Sometimes, if the video owner (for whatever reasons I don't understand) decides to not allow embedding, this is what happens. In the embed window it says that the video is "no longer available". However, try click the YouTube Link that is found right below the video, and you'll find that the video is actually available anyway. Sometimes videos are removed from YouTube. But the same message appear when embedding is disabled.

I wish they would always allow embedding. I mean, why put a video on YouTube if you don't want anyone to see it? The result is that i.e. if I want to embed a video in a thread for a news story, I may use RussiaToday instead of BBC WorldNews, since RussiaToday allow embedding and BBC don't allow it. Big mistake, imo.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Example. A video from BBC World News and one from RussiaToday

BBC World News:
(Note: embedding currently disabled and it might be unavailable for UK users, according to their front page

Georgia president 'wins poll'

RussiaToday:
(embedding currently allowed and hopefully it'll stay that way)

Georgia election: opposition already crying 'foul'

See what I mean?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
From my years of lurking on this sight before I joined with this account I had seen this happen tons of times. I really believed ATS was monitored when my own computer began rejecting the site itself. I dont really believe it is monitored now. I then used my brothers computer after my original computer was broken, and after several months it did the same thing to his computer. Now I have my lab top and I wont let it happen again. I'm not sure if it was an installed program before, but it really blocked this site off using extreme pop ups to about 40 at a time or just not loading the page.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by UnforgiveableSin]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Beefcake makes a valid point. ATS serves as a discussion site on a multitude of topics. Information here has to be vetted like you would if you saw it anywhere else. The fact that someone agrees with your point of view, say on extraterrestrials does not make the information any more legitimate. What I am finding ATS does do effectively is to give all these disparate views a forum for discussion, as well as serving as a nexus to find other information already researched by members. It is a great site for that purpose, especially because members do not all align on one point of view. It allows skeptics to poke at belivers and vice versa. Use it wisely, stay objective, and validate all the information you gather from others.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
holy S***

A thread just got removed titled "Alien Abduction Video.. Real?!!!!"

it had a link to another site with a creepy &*^*& video

apc

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'd imagine Youtube disables embedding for some videos as a direct result of traffic generated by the posting of the video on ATS. They can see the referrer. If too many views are taking place without being subjected to advertising, I'd nix the embedding too.

Google ranking can sometimes be unpredictable. I figure they share their stash with the AI.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

All your base are belong to us!!!
Engrish. hEh.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
None of my posts have been removed. I would like to think they are among the most shameful things that have ever appeared on this site. --------------------------------------------------PC

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pc is here
None of my posts have been removed. I would like to think they are among the most shameful things that have ever appeared on this site. --------------------------------------------------PC

Without constant new material they will definitely chew your ass off. ------------------PC

[edit on 5-1-2008 by pc is here]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There is no concrete proof to support these allegations. Much more likely the media sources was removed for dramatic affect.

Show us names, date and recorded evidence from webmasters or server administrators to support your ridiculous claims. And please include the name of the administrators or webmasters to, in case you are making stuff up.

If not you are just making ludicrous claims. Oh well it's just the way the conspiracy theorists operates... @@:

Monitored by whom? For what purpose? And for reason? Who? What? Where? When? Why? If you can't answer me you are just making up stuff...
:

[edit on 5-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The claims are hardly ludicrous. Definitely not ludicrous..

From reading the WHOLE thread and the OP's comment. He reads something here related to your usual youtube/google video and when watches it. He thinks it's awesome and refers it to his friends. When he AND they watch it, the video is dead. He concludes this is from ATS traffic/discussion.

It's an easy enough conclusion to come to. If I talk to everyone I know about this pub with cheap beer, would it be unnatural to think that next time I went there and the prices had gone up, that was because all of my promotion. Of course not.

Giddy up.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogwai
Hi, do you have a for instance? I haven't noticed this is happening.

Yes I do... just look at the thread about "Bush says economy 'Strong' and 'Solid'". I had seen that article before it was posted here at ATS. However it was changed to "Whitehouse to create Economic stimulus package" or something like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnforgiveableSin
From my years of lurking on this sight before I joined with this account I had seen this happen tons of times. I really believed ATS was monitored when my own computer began rejecting the site itself. I dont really believe it is monitored now. I then used my brothers computer after my original computer was broken, and after several months it did the same thing to his computer. Now I have my lab top and I wont let it happen again. I'm not sure if it was an installed program before, but it really blocked this site off using extreme pop ups to about 40 at a time or just not loading the page.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by UnforgiveableSin]

Always glad to be on a Mac :-)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join