It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shot Down UFO in South Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just finished listening to a weekend broadcast of Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. There was a "Brigadier General from the South African army, identified only as "Chris," described an incident where he was involved in shooting down a UFO in 1992."

While I missed the intro, it sounded as if some sort of laser was used to bring down the craft near Krueger Park in South Africa. The craft was "glowing a rainbow of colors." After letting the craft cool down, it was warm to the touch and would create a "bee sting" or "numb" type feeling. Now why these guys were touching it, were beyond me.

Another member of this military group, "opened a hatch: and inside he saw what he thought was a small (described as a 10 year old) body that was "grey" or what he thought was chared from being burned. The craft was transported to a military airfield in Cape Town and flown to Washington DC.

The story continues in the back of a C-130 (from what it sounded like). The spherical craft was loaded onboard, along with two body bags. The Brigader General wanted the bags opened to check for "bombs" and noticed two "grey bodies." He thought one of his team were playing a joke on him. During the flight one of the bodies "woke up" and they proceed to hit it with the butt of a rifle.

They landed at a military base in DC (Andrews is what base it was thought to be) and the craft and bodies were transferred to a US military jet cargo plane. The S.A. aircraft could not take off for 40 minutes after the US aircraft did.

Odd story. True or not? Dunno. But it was quite entertaining. Has there been any other stories surrounding this "incident" in S.A. taken place or has anyone got more information into this?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If this guy shot down a u.f.o. would'nt you take some pictures and/or study the craft so you can travel into space or use the technology for your country?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
One would think so...he also made references to Bob Lazar, in terms of what the craft looked like (12' in diameter). Said he was also "on the run" from the S.A. government, never staying in the same place for long.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
12 feet in diameter
and that can fit in a plane?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sure, some of the military transport plane, for example, a C-17 Globemaster

Cargo Compartment Stats:
Length - 85 feet 2 inches (26 meters);
width - 18 feet (5.48 meters);
height - 12 feet 4 inches (3.76 meters) forward of the wing
and 13 feet 6 inches (4.11 meters) aft of the wing

Full statistics here

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Talk about your trunk space

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
heh, talk about trunk space check out the C-5 Galaxy.

www.af.mil...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well the general thought the craft was some foreign test craft, so he probably wouldn't take pictures of it. The guy sounded pretty legitimate to me.

I especially was interested about when the general spoke about Bob Lazar, whose records aren't that legit. It seemed to discredit his story but he acknowledged that. It's probably not true but oh well.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah, Req, I did hear he surmised the craft was a foreign test aircraft.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
could it have been a US test plane? why else would they have bought it to the US?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
hm yes, why indeed. The general's orders were to take the craft back to where it belongs, wherever that is. or to who.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
LOL...why it's a misguided craft from...uh, Area 51.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is what I do not understand.
If an Alien race has the capabilites to travel to this galaxy, you would assume that these Speicies are extremely technologicly advanced than our race, but are being shot down by primitive means?

Deep

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald

The story continues in the back of a C-130 (from what it sounded like). The spherical craft was loaded onboard...

Originally posted by Oswald
One would think so...he also made references to Bob Lazar, in terms of what the craft looked like (12' in diameter).

FYI: the C-130 has a cargo bay width of 11 feet....

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Transport aircraft in question out of South Africa was sketchy, I don't think it was every verified what type of military cargo transport it was. Sounded as if the host led the interview by saying, "it was a C-130" or something to that effect.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Of course they can be shot down by our weapons, its coz they are so primitive that they work so well. They consider them to be so primitive that they dont need any systems to warm them against incomin fire....havent u ever seen Stargate-SG1, how do u think they can kill all them Goa'uld for heavens sake!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
FYI: the C-130 has a cargo bay width of 11 feet....

maybe they put it on an angle? kind of like the bug did in MIB.

and yeah, how did they get it to the c-130 anyway? truck it? carry it? an irticate system of pulleys?

and once it was on the c-130 where did it stop for fuel? what was its route? it had to have stopped a few times. and how come once it was in the air how come the SA gov't didn't do anything to stop it, especially if this guy is like on the run from them? that had to have some knowledge of what was going on...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
He said that one occupant was the size of a 10-year-old child, except gray in color. (A Grey?) If that is the case, the ship would not have been an experimental American craft.....unless we allow Greys to pilot our own experimental ships.
There were 2 occupants and one was possibly killed when the soldier hit him with the but of a gun.

And we wonder why the aliens don't come out in the open? Look at the treatment they get at the hands of humans!

Art Bell said that he will RERUN the interview several times.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I laughed when I heard the SA military guy hit him with the butt of his rifle. I did think, "well no #, it's no wonder they want to be seen. Not if we are going to take actions like this."

The craft was hoisted by a crane, onto a flatbed truck and delivered to a military base.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
could this be the story?

ourworld.compuserve.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join