It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the current pope enter USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For all of us that has been subjected to the somewhat strange questions on the wisa waiver when entering America, one thing that i`ve thought about during the numerous times i`ve had to fill out the blanket and answer the questions asked is the one where they ask you if you have been a member of a nazi party during 1940-45 I believe it states.

And since I read that the pope was a member of Hitler jugend in his youth, does that mean he is not allowed to enter America? or is he above wisa regulations that us regular folks have to abide by?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would doubt that it is relevant to Visa considerations unless all German males from the same period are also banned from entering the USA. Which is clearly not the case. Additionally, membership of the Hitler Youth is not membership of the Nazi Party. They are different things.

Neither Ratzinger nor any member of his immediate family joined the NSDAP (Nazi Party). Ratzinger’s father was critical of the Nazi government, and as a result the family had to move four times before he was ten years old.

(from atheism.about.com... - a detailed analysis of the question of the Nazi Party and Ratzinger)

A few more links and quotes with background information.....

By 1940, it had eight million members. Later war figures are difficult to calculate, since massive conscription efforts and a general call-up of boys as young as ten years old meant that virtually every young male in Germany was, in some way, connected to the HJ.

(from en.wikipedia.org...)

At the age of 14, he [Joseph Ratzinger] joined the Hitler Youth, as was required of young Germans of the time..... He deserted the German army towards the end of the war...

(from news.bbc.co.uk...)

Following his fourteenth birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was enrolled in the Hitler Youth — membership being legally required after December 1939[5] — but was an unenthusiastic member and refused to attend meetings[6]. His father was a bitter enemy of Nazism, believing it conflicted with the Catholic faith. In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was killed by the Nazi regime in its campaign of eugenics. In 1943 while still in seminary, he was drafted at age 16 into the German anti-aircraft corps. Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry, but a subsequent illness precluded him from the usual rigours of military duty. As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established their headquarters in the Ratzinger household. As a German soldier, he was put in a POW camp but was released a few months later at the end of the War in summer 1945. He reentered the seminary, along with his brother Georg, in November of that year.

(from en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah, this thread is really just an attempt to slander the pope. The answer is so simple, I'd think if you really considered yourself of any inteligents you'd see the simple answer. So the very nature of the thread to slander in under the guies of trying to understand only shows badly for your smarts.

The Pope would enter the states as a Diplomat.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
He's scheduled to be here in New York this coming Spring.

I would assume that if there was a problem someone would have brought it up in the near infinite negotiations and planning that take place when bringing somone of his status here.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He will get it, but it would be a pretty funny sight to see him being turned away from the country and not being allowed into the US.

-fm

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
meh, to me he seems rather creepy anyway.. they all do, dressed up like giant red and white mushrooms .. and fish-hats .. quite odd garb indeed, commercial shamans..

It is a moot point whether or not he can get into the USA ...
He's no longer a nazi, he's a religious leader...
and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call the people who take over the world a nazi.. I believe you would call him/them ... Sir.. lol

all joking aside though, I believe this post really was started as an uneducated attempt at dissing the pope.

I could've done a much better job.. but to be honest I have no idea who he is, personally. .. I merely know what the man represents, whether he himself does or not is a good question, but I assure you he has a lot of reading time to catch up on everything sealed away from our prying eyes.

well merry early x-mas everyone or Christmas or whatever you wanna call it...

[edit on 12/15/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Incarnated calm down, im not here to slander anyone it was just something I had thought about for awhile since they ask that in the visa waiver. So pls dont get your panties in a bunch and question my intelligence, that was quite rude.

Thanks d60944 for the answer, now I know

top topics

join