It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to help the poor this Xmas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am not going to help anyone anymore all my life i have went out of my way to help people in every way i could now i have lost my job because i have got hurt at home and cannot work anymore i have been turn down for help from my goverment and my friends or family.Well the whole world can kiss my ass.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ummm, Hi! This is my first post. Although I am jobless for six months and can’t hold down a temporary job in my field of ‘bean counting’, I’ve sponsored a family in Southern California and children in need of a holiday gift through our local tree giving programs. Sometimes I get carried away and give too much out of my hard work for my own good. But that is me and in the spirit of giving there is no holding back what I feel is right even if it means breaking my piggy bank.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Evey time I get paid and the government takes out taxes is when I help the poor. So I guess I help them on a weekly basis than just a couple of times a year.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I provide my financial support all year round.

Poverty isn't just for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
RPOFF, life is a challenge and we all have set backs in our lives some are temporary some are permanent, but many of us have so much that even when we think we have nothing we still live like Kings and Queens compared to so many in this world.

If were are lucky we may live in a country that does not have to suffer war, tyranny and famine yet so many do, many do not have the basic needs for survival and even in rich countries there is poverty ill health and want.

Help does not need to consist of gifts of money or food, it can ust be the offer of a few hours of your time or attention and we all have that so all can give.

Last year I had the misfortune to have a bad accident follwed by a serious illness, I am now disabled and it has had a massive impact on my life and my family, I work and when I can I help others. I had a choice I could just sit there and feel sorry for myself and lay blame on others but I do not as I said life is a challenge full of pitfalls and hurdles but those experiences should not make us indifferent to the needs of others.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
personally, I have my own little circle of friends and aquitances....and well, right now there are about 4 or 5 in my shop that are homeless and living in a shelter. I'll go out of my way to help any of them if I can. this is my world...or at least my little neck of it. and while I have homeless people, sick people needing help to get healthcare, mom's needed help with their childcare, ect on a daily basis, why should I go out of my way to help someone across the country for just this little one time deal? those people across the country ain't gonna need help tomorrow, or maybe next month?

I like my approach much better than these organized one time deals...
this is my little corner of the world, and I do try to make it a more pleasant place. You have your own corners too, what have you done to clean up it?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

You betcha, Dawn

I admire what you are doin and wish I had the will and the way to mirror what you have....

Put it this way, 2008 is the year where I put myself into a situation to help people as you do...no excuses, nothing holding me back 2.5 weeks out

Thanks for inspiring me so very much
I wish you and your crew nothing but good things over the festive season and the best for 2008...

I truly do

Tony

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't really do anything different at Christmas than I do throughout the year, except for buy a few toys for the toy drive.

Most of my charitable efforts are focused around my workplace. There's a small group of us who organize charity drives, but we step it up around Christmas because there are so many fundraising opportunites this time of year and people are in a giving mood. We raise money selling jams, cookies, pies and Christmas cakes, 50/50 draws at the different parties and hold more raffles than normal.

Throughout the year, we raise money through raffles and 50/50 draws and because we are a food manufacturer, we supply several local organizations with enough fresh food to feed hundreds on a weekly basis.

It takes a bit of work to coordinate all of it, but it's worth it.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Care to attempt to explain that again? For those of us who apparently aren't as enlightened as you.

I donate bags of groceries to the Food Bank. It doesn't matter how many, truth I can't remember. I've helped adopt a family of twelve this Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join