It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity machines -Nonalien type are coming soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
furry,
We will see if this is another Ning Lit type vanishing act. Usually he was pretty prompt to return emails as well. I know starting a new job can be tough though.. I think he said part of this job would involve publishing a paper.
BP

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
OK, so here is the abstract of the relevant patent application:

A phonon maser is comprised of a resonant cavity, a superconductive gain medium, and pumping means. The resonant cavity is comprised of highly reflective means and partially reflective means. The superconductive gain medium is an elongated superconductor, which may be a crystalline high-temperature ceramic superconductor or a single-crystal superconductor. The pumping means provide electromagnetic energy for the superconductive gain medium in order to form and then excite Cooper pairs. Trapped in the resonant cavity and amplified by the population inversion, the resonating bundles of superposed free phonons eventually break through the partially reflective means and enter the vacuum of space in a collimated, coherent, and all-penetrating beam of bundles of superposed guest phonons. This beam changes properties of the ambient space, including its gravitational energy.

Now, what's wrong with this?

In space, nobody can hear you scream.

Phonons are the quantization of sound, namely what happens when you take the classical dynamical equations of vibration and elasticity and turn it into a proper quantum mechanical computation.

There is no such thing as a free space phonon---unless you mean Einsteinian gravitational waves.

The problem comes back to the fundamental question: what is the specific physical coupling between elementary particles and gravity?

The nonsense is on [0025] through [0027] on the patent application.

"Crystal lattice in the vacuum"? WTF?

All the legitimate papers about phonon 'masers' are about actual sound, vibration between atoms composed of electrons and protons.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by mbkennel]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The "Crystal Lattice in a vacuum" seems relevant to me. Podkletnov and Li both supposed that they were able to lock in "lattice ions" by taking advantage of the spin properties of a superconductor set spinning. This is what they postulated drove the "anti gravity" that they discovered.

The phonon thing gets me, though. Phonons are normally used to describe a thermal event that is disruptive to the surrounding matter. Phonon dampening is something that is in high demand right now, primarily in the field of photonics (where heat buildup can happen rather easily) and the field of quantum computing (an offshoot of photonics, in most cases). In short, phonon's normally represent "noise" or "interference".

I will need to look more into the context in which he uses the term "phonon" in the "phonon maser", as a "phonon maser" would likely be something that could be achieved with simple microwave technology (or, its effects, rather).

[edit on 9-11-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Update, BFFT?

You got me interested.

Is there change in angular momentum?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Here is what i have found so far.

To clarify the above statement, here is the patent in question:

Phonon Maser Patent

And the portions in question:

[0025]Consider that a crystal lattice permeates the vacuum throughout the Universe. This crystal vacuum lattice is comprised of electrons and positrons (Simhony). The crystal is nearly perfect with black holes and Supernovas causing "imperfections" deforming otherwise identical unit cells of the crystal. Unlike Simhony, I believe that the electrons and positrons comprising the unit cells of this lattice are virtual (pure energy), not massive. This opinion is supported by the Michelson-Morley experiment and the subsequent tests and experiments.

[0026]Most scientists today believe in the very substantial presence of dark energy in the Universe. There is a possibility that this energy is represented by virtual particles comprising the crystal lattice of the vacuum. The presence of such a lattice explains the effects laying the foundation of this invention. To validate of the theory supporting this invention, it is not important whether the particles forming unit cells of the crystal vacuum lattice are virtal or real. Furthermore, the invention would work as intended regardless of the composition of the lattice and the unit cell structure.

[0027]Consider the natural vibrations in the crystal vacuum lattice. These vibrations are caused by the microwave background radiation heating the crystal vacuum lattice to 2.7279 degrees K. The lattice vibrations take the form of collective modes, which propagate through the vacuum lattice. These collective modes cause de Broglie elastic deformation of the unit cells and produce gravitational effects. This is why the collective modes of these naturally-occurring vibrations are sometimes called "gravity waves". The discrete units of the gravity waves are phonons produced in pairs by the vacuum lattice, a phonon that causes gravity and an anti-phonon that causes repulsion in each pair.

I do not have a whole lot to add to this, outside stating that it is very, very interesting to consider.

Matyas, I make a very poor physicist.
What it seems he is proposing is that bodies of mass have disruptive effects on the natural order of the universe. What i have a hard time with is understanding the potential cooper pairing on such a massive scale as to impact our entire universe. This is supposed to be a more exotic state for matter to be in, if i understand it correctly.

But it is an interesting idea for a mechanism that creates gravity as well as a potential explanation for the question of "where did all the missing matter in the universe go?"

What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Boris Volfson replies:
I am very much alive and working on the antigravity outside the United States. To the respected critics of the "Phonon Maser": Phonons don’t spread in space. Or, maybe they do? Let's see: Sound, definitily, doesn’t. But phonon is also a wave. Waves heats space. The temperature of space is proven to be above 0 degrees Kelvin, the Absolute Zero. To be exact, it is 2.725 on the Kelvin scale (wiki). So, it is proven: Depending on their frequency, phonons may penetrate (and heat) the vacuum’s aether!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Was just thinking about some related idea when I stumbled across this thread.

If something like the quantum foam theory of gravity is valid, then an application like this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. What you'd want to do is produce a region of energy bias that prevents quantum foam interactions from occuring. If you can do this without producing any appreciable reaction mass, then you have a viable new means of propulsion. Lasers, masers, and simiar devices can output a lot of energy without producing much in the way of reaction mass. (If any at all. No recoil from such devices afaik.) As for the quantum foam aspect? If it's what causes gravity, it happens to be that the energy density of any given mass prevents quantum foam interactions from occuring there and all the surrounding quantum foam interactions push the high energy regions together.

So if you could build some device that would produce a whole lot of energy and have it converge at a point some given distance away from you, in theory you'd be attracted to that point (or more aptly pushed towards it by surrounding quantum foam interactions) as if the equivalent mass was there.

The downside? I'm thinking with the current technology, such method with very high powered lasers would only yield the eqivalent attractive mass of something akin to an ant fart. Not much real use unless there's some loophole that's not well known about. (Might be some other trick to clear a whole path of quantum foam interactions without using too much energy to do it.)

Who knows, maybe masers might have an edge in this process if quantum foam has some relation to the cosmic microwave background radiation. Not sure if that would make sense though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join