It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery beast kills animals in N.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Interesting.... Hillary is in SC and suddenly there is a mystery beast. Not just a coincidence me thinks. Who let the dogs out!

Vote ABC.... Anyone But Clinton!

Lol... good one.

As for the OP, you talk about Pit Bulls being responsible for most maulings, and that is only because it is the most mistreated breed used by the shadiest of people. To be honest the worst dogs I have ever come across are GSDs (German Shepherd Dogs). I've known some really great ones, but ratio wise I've come across more vicious GSDs than any other breed. I've even had one of my street attempt to attack the car I was riding in. BTW, the actual breed is APBT (American Pit Bull Terrier), and their size range is 30-55 lbs Average. Those huge ones you see over 70 lbs. are generally crosses with Mastiffs and such.

As for this creature, that's great, just when some of my family is thinking of moving to NC, specifically the Wilmington Area (Which is right there near Bolivia) we have this freakout over Chupis and all that. I'm familiar with the Outer Banks and the Kitty Hawk area (which btw is on the North End of the Outer Banks, Bolivia is near the South End), and I never imagined something like this down around there. I have family in SC right near the NC border, which is ALSO near Bolivia, wonderful.

I'm going to be checking out Wilmington this Spring, with this story in hand now I'll be keeping a camera around. Too bad I won't have my dogs with me ( Jack Russell and the Akita/Husky), between the two of them nothing is getting by. I will say I am surprised a Pit was mauled so badly by this thing, as they are a strong, tenacious dog. However, if the dog was chained down in a yard it didn't have a chance. If this creature was even a Wolf/Wolves the dog wouldn't stand a chance in the outdoors. However, with the description of claw marks, it sounds more cat-like in nature. In the one article someone believes it is a Wolf because of 3 Inch pawprints, however, that assumption is lacking in knowledge. 3 Inches is the paw size of Medium-Large Dogs, Wolves have Paws of 5-6 Inches, considerably larger than Domestic Dogs. A Panther is entirely believable as the Mountains of Virginia to the North have them, and we know Florida to the south has them in Marshland, so to believe one has found the Marshy environment of SE North Carolina as a new home is completely possible. If this is a Panther, that Pit Bull really held her own. Mountain Lions reguarly kill Solo Wolves, and can reach 250 lbs. Also of note is that Mountain Lion/Panther Pawprints are typically 3-4 Inches in length, similar to what was reported on Bolivia.

BTW, the original link is dead, so here's an interesting one that works:

Beast Of Bolivia (No Not Spanish)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's true, Bolivia / Ocean Isle is just south of Wilmington, but now that you mention "genetic modification" it does make me think about the connection to Sunny Point Military Terminal. It is located just by Southport - which is just by Bolivia. Sunny Point is the East Coast Military Weapons Shipping Terminal. Lots of secret stuff here on this massive facility. Could be a connection to this creature..??!!..

Just a thought.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I would like to know where in western South Carolina as I have had a similar experience near the Lake Hartwell dam, I was going to work on third shift when I saw a large animal crossing the road at about the limits of my headlights. When I came to the area of the crossing something was backed up against the guardrail sitting on it's haunches with it's head just above the guardrail. All movements and impressions were definately feline in nature though i can not swear that it was a cat.
This happened just over a year ago and I can't get it out of my mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Outbound73

I was driving down a two lane road just a few miles north of Greenwood, SC when I thought I was going to collide with a large cat that resembled the size of a large panther. I was surprised at how fast that thing could move. If it hadn't moved super fast, I would have made the news apparently killing an animal that seems to be like a legend apparently. I don't know why it would seem strange to the ordinary guy to have large panthers in South Carolina if they are in Florida to the south and in Virginia in the north. That was the first time I ever saw one not in a zoo though. Now I know why some of those deer run so fast and right across the road on occasion. That is if a large panther considers deer to be food.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I read the other day in a local paper that officials say there are no big cats or mountain lions in the area. As proof they mentioned the fact that no one has hit a large cat with their vehicle in the state of South Carolina. If these animals hunt at night during the hours of 3 to 5 AM, they aren't going to be spotted too much. The chances of getting hit by something when they can probably sprint up to 50 mph (I'm guessing) are pretty slim I think.

I can travel about 50 miles during those hours and see almost no one driving on the road at that time.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jamestkirk

Can a human save itself from the three strands of destruction, geo-political chaos, climatic destruction and virus? Measure for measure 1 in 3 ain't gonna make it, humans have wiped out a third of all species and half the lungs of the planet so that's what u got coming back at u in logical bio-cybernetic return FOR UR BIO-CRIMINAL WAYS from the MOTHER of ALL MOTHERS herself, UR EARTH!!! 2012 - Solar flares, RADIATION, is what activates virus, the sun peaks in 11yr cycles, scientists have traced this cycle in correlation to epidemics all the way back to the Trojan War in ancient Greece, when the bubonic plague took out 60,000 thousand or so. Today's BIGGEST threat, there are many others, is the HNV1 Bird Flu that has the potential to wipe out 1/3 of all OBESE and immunologically weak people on the planet, scientists have found that the fatter u are the more likely it is u have the virus living in ur fat cells. So it's run for ur life! Or LEARN the ancient druidic ways to heal and protect thyself from virus, 3rd degree burns, broken bones, ALL DISEASE IN FACT. We got the goods, no-one else on this planet DOES! Wakey, Wakey Everyone!!! - www.psproof.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join