It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser unarmed Couple FIFTEEN times

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
But sticking 50k Volts through the human body is just barbaric, lazy and pathetic....

The volts aren't that big of a deal. It's the amps that cause the severity. I see nothing barbaric with this incident. Hmmm...maybe barbaric is a good description. After all, the arrestee was acting like a barbarian therefor treated like one

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I never had to pull anybody out of a space that confined, but sometimes I had to remove people from another patient's room, or that kind of thing. If I couldn't do it verbally, and I could most of the time, I usually just called backup and then usually if there were like four of us, the guy would change his attitude, but if we didn't, we'd all grab him and pull him out of the room or whatever.

Oh, and to clarify, I worked in security for 3 summers, so probably like 10 months total.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He got what he deserved, he was resisting what the cops were telling him to do, both the man and woman were being loud and cursing, yelling and being disorderly. I'm totally against a police state, but that guy got what he deserved, this isn't anything shocking or unusual. Those cops were just doing there job, they ask you to do something, you do it, or you resist until they have to yell at you, make them mad, and get lit up for resisting.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This guy was being a complete tool and deserved precisely what he got. The police warned him prior to zapping him that he would be tased if he did not comply. I loath violence, but in this case he had it coming.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I dont know about USA, but here in Canada, you are innocent untill proven guilty in a court of law.
i dont know why the vehicles was pulled over but, the man was a passanger, and not sure what started it all. If a cop askes you for ID and your the passenger you do not have to comply unless they give you a sound reason as to why they would like to see your ID. the passenger is innocent and the driver(woman i supose) wasnt under arrest.

so it's hard to say if he deserved it or not, maybe the cops were in the wrong for thinking they could manipulate a citizen.

cops should only be able to use the taser as a last resort, but before reaching for his gun they use the taser. i see no reason they had to tase this guy... so what he was a idiot, i agree, but 4 cops couldnt handle 1 man? maybe then need to redo there combat training. you can't say 1 man with propper training couldnt get the man out.

one of my friends who is 2nd degree black belt had grab my wrist one time and belive me i was willing to do whatever he said, wanna feel pain? wow he said the pain i was feeling was almost 3 times what a broken bone would feel like.

I think it's too much force is used by the police these days, i understand they are under stress but thats part of the job and there suposed to be able to deal with it and not take it out on people.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBits

but 4 cops couldnt handle 1 man?

Well, unless they know he is stone sober.....then maybe not.

Ever seen a man tweeked out on God knows what. They can have the strength of 10 men....and sometimes it takes more then 4 men to contain him.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
WTF?!! This man was a passenger, he has a right to stay in the car if he wants. Traffic violation lies with the driver. What was the crime here?? Why was she pulled over in the first place? If he was drunk and got out the car, then the police could charge him with being drunk in public. It's his right to remain in the vehicle. Thats why he insists he's not resisting, because he wasn't violating the law in the first place. What was the guys' initial crime that should have warranted his submission? Being drunk and obnoxious? And they broke that girls window out for this #!! What? They can just make us get out of our vehicles and empty our pockets under what circumstances now? A traffic violation? They let the girl just walk around all over the place, so the pair couldn't have posed that much of a threat. This seems like excessive force imo.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I do security my self actually I am contracted to the US govt. and we do not use these things of course we carry guns and all but are not allowed as contractors to use batons tasers mace etc.....I honestly think these tasers are just a liability and wouldnt want to use one......At least if you shoot and kill someone with a gun it is pretty much direct you are to kill them period no in betweens kinda cuts down on the beaurocracy lol.....Another words you are held to your reasponsibility if you use your weapon you better have good reason period.......It is being proven taser are just as lethal if in the wrong hands......

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the funniest thing is when you see a wild animal in captivity and someone see's another wipe or beat the animal to try and get the animal out/in it's cage, you would have animal rights to deal with.

yet its ok when they use 50000 volts on a human bieng thats doesnt have a criminal record, just because they dont listen?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits
the funniest thing is when you see a wild animal in captivity and someone see's another wipe or beat the animal to try and get the animal out/in it's cage, you would have animal rights to deal with.

yet its ok when they use 50000 volts on a human bieng thats doesnt have a criminal record, just because they dont listen?

Funny you say that I grew up around a farm and I remember the "cattle prods" they would use on horses,pigs and cows etc.....I think that is actually where they got the idea....Wonder if they are using "hot wires" on the fences they built around all the FEMA camps in the US......LOL had to say it.....We all know they are there.....

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBits

Funny you say that I grew up around a farm and I remember the "cattle prods" they would use on horses,pigs and cows etc.....I think that is actually where they got the idea....Wonder if they are using "hot wires" on the fences they built around all the FEMA camps in the US......LOL had to say it.....We all know they are there.....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think the OP mentioned he had more video of this incident... sorry I went back but didn't find his post.

If the OP has the beginning of this video could you please post it? Perhaps it would help us understand what led up to the passenger being asked to step out of the vehicle.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have seen some say that as a passenger he should not be asked to leave the car or under arrest.

Well in a stop if the vehicle is to be searched they ask that all occupants get out of the car. This is for the safety of the officers as weapons are very easy to hide in a vehicle.

Again we do not know what lead up to these circumstances as the one who posted the video hoped to convince people the cops are completely at fault and out of control. Well in truth all they did was do just the opposite because all that is seen is a guy resisting arrest there for getting what is seen as necessary.

It could be that the guy did nothing wrong at all to start with but truth is we cannot see that. It could be the police seen need to search the vehicle for weapons or drugs and he refused to comply with an order to exit the vehicle. It might be that he actually had a warrant for his arrest to begin with but of course no one has thought of this. As for passengers in cars they are ask for ID because there are people out running around right now that have warrants for their arrest. In fact if many will recall Chester Styles (though he was not a passenger) was arrested due to a traffic stop. There have been times when the passenger ends up killing a cop or is the one that they are after or the one actually breaking the law. Another thing just because they are a passenger does not mean they are instantly harmless or not in need of being arrested. The passenger could be a hitch hiker or someone forcing someone who is forcing the driver to go some place against their will; this is why passengers get checked also. At times it is the different stories of both driver and passenger that lead to an arrest for the breaking of a law.

The point is cops do not know what to expect when they pull over a car anyone could be inside. I have no problem with an officer protecting themselves from possible harm or infection of a BBP. Removing someone from a confined area most certainly is not an easy task and this guy was obviously not “sober” what was in his system we do not know for sure either.

All that is obvious in this video is that there is a man in a confined space that is resisting arrest and that he gets tazed for just that. We are not given a reason for the stop it could be a minor traffic violation or it could be the vehicle matched the description of one used in a crime. We are not given a reason for why he is under arrest to begin with only that he is resisting that arrest.

Until I see the beginning of the video I cannot have any other opinion than what is given and that is that the guy was resisting arrest and got what is expected. If I see video of them actually violating his rights by placing him under arrest unlawfully then I will change my mind. I would like to see others on here remove this man from the vehicle without a tazer without knowing if he has a weapon or a BBP and see how easy it truly is.

Raist

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Thanks for clearing that up.

I understand how hard it must be to get some people to do as ask while trying to keep things under control in a situation. But one also must agree that removing someone from a room is not near as difficult as removing one from a van.

While you might never have had to result to even calling the cops as a last measure this is the cops placing this man under arrest. If he is not going to listen to them he would most definitely not have listened to a security guard (not meant to be offensive). Because while a security guard does command some respect they don’t command as much as an officer there is a great deal more training and in many areas much more education required as well. We can already see that backup has been called but still the guy is in a confined space making backup nearly useless until he is removed from the vehicle.

You must also agree that BBPs are a great risk when dealing with the public and even more so those who are aggressive. This was not only a man who was aggressive but also could have had a weapon or a BBP or both, none of us or the cops in the video knew for sure. I would say they were well within the confines of the law to use a tazer.

While I do not agree with the use of tazers every time, this time I most certainly do.

Raist

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am honestly blown away at the amount of people in support of this police action. The only way this could be justified is if there was some kind of law broken by the man. He has every right to remain in his vehicle if he has not broken any laws. He is just the passenger.

There may be more information behind the story then we are being told. If the police wanted to search the vehicle and had either a warrant or permission then the man inside the vehicle could be considered as an obstruction giving the officers right to remove him from the vehicle even against his will.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I bet I could have gotten that person out of the van by myself. Cops are not very smart.

Does anyone know if they require a high school diploma or GED to join a police enforcement agency? It seems as though this county doesn't require it.

Maybe they should offer a class on General Problem Solving.

Tasers are for wussies.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.

There absolutely needs to be some rules and regulations as to when an officer can use a taser on a victim. Since it has received the label "non-lethal", these mindless officers think that they can just aimlessly electrocute someone on a whim. So far elderly, mentally retarded, and unarmed/unagressive people have been tased for doing nothing more than not providing the exact answers and behavior that an officer wants.

While it has been dubbed "non-lethal", its track record has shown that it is anything but that, with the number of contributing fatalities mounting daily. What needs to be hammered into these officials heads is that this weapon should be used judiciously, not when an officer wants to have the upper hand against someone.

This needs to be equated with use of a firearm. Most police will only discharge their firearm if the situation warrants. In this case with the taser, officers discharge the prongs like its going out of style. Someone needs to introduce a bill regulating the use of these paradoxical weapons before it gets out of hand and officers just squeeze the trigger before thinking about th situation at hand rationally.

Is it too late already?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Is it too late already?

I don't think that it's too late for the policies to be reviewed and for changes to be made in the conduct of police officers nationwide.

I think that more and more people are becoming concerned, even police officers. These kinds of concerns can lead to grass roots efforts to demand policy reviews in local police agencies nationwide, until enough publicity is generated for Congress to get involved.

As far as those who have died as a result of these injudicious uses of the taser, it is definitely too late.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, another incident of cops who can't TALK to people so they Taze them. Another poster was correct, they are lazy or unable to use reason. Even if the guy was drunk, he wasn't being a bad guy. These cops were just on a power trip.
A Tazing should have the same level of proof, oor justification as a shooting. Cops have forgotten how to TALK, and they get a GANG mentality. Such a sorry state of affairs.
Cops tazing old ladies in wheel chairs, Students who won't be quiet, Guys who want answers prior to submitting.......It's lazy police work.

[edit on 7/12/07 by Camar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join