It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post: What is the truth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
On the subject of conspiracy theories in relation to perception, I must quote what media guru Marshal McLuhan had to say:

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity.

[edit on 12/18/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
On the subject of conspiracy theories in relation to perception...

In the strict usage I've been following here, what you refer to would be conception, I think, not perception. Conception is making sense of perception - of what is perceived by the senses.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yeah, that too!

Actually, I think the powers that be are deliberately and directly manipulating both. In other words, active and passive brainwashing.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is a very difficult question to encounter.

The truth today(speaking from a US perspective) is more difficult to strive for today than in the past. IMO, the propaganda machine via by political stooges or advertising execs. is so overwhelming that unless you possess the skills necessary to see through the 95% lies when you listen to these people, you are going to be stuck in the lies and confusion along with them(the gatekeepers/liar keepers).

Unfortunately, the path towards the truth is a lonely journey unless you are/were free enough to truly BE yourself, interacting with the "gatekeepers" of the lie. What I mean by that is excelling within a system of lies but at the same time questioning your every move within said system(the matrix).

In other words, it's a lot harder to seek truth and be influential while at the bottom than at the top. Unfortunately the ones at the top of the system/lies/matrix, have sold their souls(so to speak)to the devil and have forgotten what truth is and constantly live in fear because they want to keep what they have.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There is no truth anymore. There is far, far too much information out there to actually find the truth. Unless you actually witness something or are part of something you won't know exactly what happened.

It does make you wonder if the history books are just here say, or fact. Every day more and more stories have emerged to change the history books.

I think there never really is the truth. Truth is what you believe the world is.

Some people believe in god, some people believe in ghosts, some people believe Burger King is better than McDonalds. Nobody is right or wrong, it's what you believe the truth is.

The great thing about ATS is it brings together people that have different views on the world. 99.99999999% of the population wouldn't even think twice about anything.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join