It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Incredible Natural Phenomena you've never seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
www.oddee.com... i found this all to be super interesting and wondered if anyone else had any natural phenomenon to add or link!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Very interesting find.....

I found the Venezuelan "Everlasting Storm" with it's "cloud-to-cloud" lightening and the "Red Rain" of Kerala especially interesting. I had no idea whatsoever that such phenomenon were geographically localized.

The Venezuelan "everlasting storm" interests me as it seems to point out that Earth might be using this locale to "shed" excess static electricity. I wonder what the gravitational fields might be in this location.

As a small kid, I remember reading UFO reports about blood red rains and their possible extraterrestrial origins. The Keralan "red rain" might seem to offer a natural cause for these reports. Nevertheless, it is interesting to note that the color of the rain is caused by a airborne spores of algae. Again, another thing to be researched.

Good find.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Raining fish!

Climbing goats!

Cool site and pics, thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
How in the heck do those goats get to the top of those trees. That is a funny trait that they learned. They look like christmas tree ornaments.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I liked those goats as well. I found it amazing that these animals evolved to learn how to climb trees. While it is sort of astounding, it certainly is not unheard of. I had a childhood friend who had a Jack Russel Terrier that could climb trees!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I guess I'd like to add the luminescent bay in Vieques, P.R. I found that pretty amazing.

Bioluminescent Bay

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Is that the lightning that I often see during the months of august to november to the south? We're less than 400km away from Maracaibo if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm moving to Venezuela. I love lightning, how could I have missed that there is a place on earth with Lightning almost every night???

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Meh. I see lightning every day where I'm from (a rainforest country)... not as fascinating as this one though:

That's totally weird!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

i find your queries interesting on so many levels such as if the earth sheds its static electricity there then wouldnt it logically mean high EM fields and if so it causes paranoia and sickness in high doses to humans so i am curious as to how it effects mental and physical health of the citizens there

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
How in the heck do those goats get to the top of those trees. That is a funny trait that they learned. They look like christmas tree ornaments.
those goats learned to climb the trees to get to the fruit on top of it thats evolution in action much like the theory of how giraffes grew elongated necks to reach the leaves of tall trees to eat and survive!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with Beach, I can do without the lightning as well, got plenty of it here in Thailand too.

The black sun of Denmark I have yet to see live -- despite I'm Danish.

The climbing goats of Marocco I saw many years ago, and they're truely amazing, but it's not that incredible that they can do it. They have cleaved hoofs and their origin is mountain goats, who are able to ascend pratically vertical mountain cliffs.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
thanks, great find - plus that blog itself seems pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

maybe your not easily impressed but i found the goats amazing mountain climbers or not

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Well, actually they more jump the trees than they climb them.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
That everlasting lightning needs to be harnessed.
If it occurs on such a regular basis,they should try to rig up gigantic capacitor banks to store some of the energy.
They could use rockets on wires to coax the lightning into the capacitors.
I know-it would take the worlds biggest capacitor bank ever,but its gotta be worth a try IMO.
They could collect as much juice as the amount of caps they connect.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I wonder what the side effects of that would be, though. It almost seems that nothing we do on this Earth is without side-effects.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

i doubt there would be any sideeffects, i mean the only side effects of the rain of fish are the people eating them so what harm could come from trying to harness lightning.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think the ozone created by that perpetual storm would be good! I know when I lived on the gulf in Ft. Myers, Fla., it rained aLOT and it was lush like a rainforest.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

That's the whole point. We've absolutely no idea. It says in the article the lightning patch is the single largest ozone generator on the planet. Do you really want to tamper with that?

Best to start with pilot projects elsewhere in the world where there's plenty of lightning. The land to the southeast of that patch looks like a good candidate -- the rainforests of the Amazon. Pretty certain there's plenty of lightning to be found there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join