It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible military coup in the United Kingdom?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

My good man listen that is the norm for the whole of the uk shropshire is a county correct ?

Well leeds is in the county of yorkshire where i live and i can say that this one city alone has had more murder's than shropshire.

Listen im not saying this or that i feel sorry for you for being worried when you go out.

But listen do something about it in my local area there is a thing running called street angel's they are just that.

Now i suggest you look into such group's in your area and guess what if there is not a group get to your local council and get one made.

If your sick of it and the police are swamped get out on the street's and make a difference yourself.

Otherwise there's nothing much else i can add.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 10-12-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Impressive idea intrepid, I have considered how quickly it could be done...

The answer to the question of can it be done? Yes , very easily and quickly. There are several reservists and regular miltiary bases built nearby to the major power centres of the UK.

One other question toask is this: Would the entire military be behind this? I know several military leaders have been voicing out against the current government but there are still those who prefer the status quo.

Perhaps if we did see a removal of this government perhaps we would see some major reforms or it could swing the otherway and we could have a very oppresive and cruel government.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Well i see his point.
Hitler for example was all for the people, he wanted the best for his country and people.

Well, except for the Jews, the Gypsies, the crippled, lame, deaf, blind, mentally defective, political opponents, trade unionists, ministers, priests, homosexuals, and artists that didn't make what Hitler liked.

All of those people he put in murder factories.

But, other than that, GREAT POINT!

[edit on 23-11-2007 by The Good Reverend Roger]

ROFL. Starred

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
pleae no one wants to know it the bury head in sand sindrom.

ive tryed believe me.

i got my car kicked in last year by some youth and i went to the police and all they did was caution him.
there was evidence everywhere.
also there where three cctv cameras at the time pointing at my car and the guy admitted it and nothing happened.
and the best thing is the town turned aginst me because he was classed as cool and it was to harsh going to the police shouldnt have got them involved.

the best advice(i say best this is the only advice i got) was to sleep with him to pay off the debt he owed me.
imsorry but no matter how much the damaged cost im not that low.

thiss is the sort of town i live in.

and pretty much everyone there are inbreeds everyones cousins to everyone else its sick.
luckily my mum went looking else where or god knows i could of been born with a third arm or something!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Looking at the posts, it seems that many think that the British people would rise up if there was a military coup.

I do not see any military coup as being a flash in the pan reaction to a single event. The pressure would increase over a period of weeks and months, and I suspect, the British people might be in the streets reacting to this pressure before any coup.

We have to remember that the Queen does still have the power to dissolve parliament and does not have to wait until the prime minister asks her to dissolve parliament. Of course, any move to dissolve parliament without the current prime minister would lead to a constitational debate. If the Queen felt the only way to serve the country was to give the electorate the opportunity to vote on a Government, things would be to be very drastic. And just remember, the Queen still has to sign every act of parliament in law, so the Queen does still processes the ability to influence a government.

I do not disagree with the general view that a military coup in the UK is highly unlikely. It is just not our way and if a prime minister was a serious problem to the country, if might well be removed so to speak.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I can't really see any support fro a military coup anyway. I mean politicians are bad enough, but who really thinks a few Iraq and Afghan veterans could run the economy better? What is the army's policy on increasing tobacco tax? Where do they stand on the European Treaty? Will pub opening hours be reduced? Should girls under 16 be given the contraceptive pill?

Nah, I can't see anyone in the army wanting to take over the running of any proper govt, least of all ours.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan, It would depend if the coup was to take over running the country or just to get rid of an un-popular/dangerous Government.

If a coup did happen, and we have to think in terms of differance kinds of coups:

Removal of a government

Removal of the monarchy

Remove of a government and the monarchy

I can not see the military removing the monarchy, so the choice would seen to be a removal of a government, and again, I can not see this happening without there being a government ready to go. And the country would still run, that is what the civil service is there for.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join