It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible military coup in the United Kingdom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger
Love the moniker, Kilgore.

Your's too - I noticed it a couple of days ago and it gave me a chuckle, pointed it out to the husband and he gave a chuckle too. We're an easily amused pair

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Im sorry to say that the uk are far too weak to rake any sort of action, nobody here stands up for anthing anymore, the public are like sheep..
Would the millatery coup, no never and if they did then the public wouldnt take any notice as the teens will be too busy bashing and texting and the adults will be too drunk to care.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Originally posted by The Good Reverend Roger
Love the moniker, Kilgore.

Your's too - I noticed it a couple of days ago and it gave me a chuckle, pointed it out to the husband and he gave a chuckle too. We're an easily amused pair

You should take "And so on..." as your sig.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smartie

so just like england's politics were in 1954 when i left it continues on the same today?what would the army change to that would be different i wonder?is the army fed up with serving in the middle east or just fed up with an england that i hear that its hard to find anglo/saxons in anymore?thats right i believe i have read that the muslim extreamists plan to take over and bring in sharia? laws-------------yes! think i would sooner have the british army in charge thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All I hear on this thread is how dumbed down everyone is. So out of curiosity what's everyone's plans in regards to preventing both America & the UK from becoming a police state. How many people will risk imprisonment or heavy fines by saying no to ID Cards, Biometric passports, RFID chips for school children and nodoubt for adults later on down the road and forced vaccinations etc. I bet most will simply tow the line like everyone else.

What can you do, they have every base covered. It makes no difference if you vote a different party into power, you'll still end up with the same corrupt stooges and the same political system,"let's pretend we live in a democracy."

Most people laugh at the possibility of the UK becoming a police state, simply because New Labour are completely incompetent. They may try to control everything & everyone, but bceause of their incompetence, they can't control anything. Are they really incompetent as they appear or is this simply what they want us to believe.

In the last week there's been another scandal, where two discs with 25million people's bank account details and other personal information have been lost in the post. It has now come to light that another 2 discs went missing and now today it's six more. Where's Gordon Brown while the country falls apart. As usual, he's out of the country taking a trip to Uganda posing for the camera with poor children simply to make himself look good. In regards to the current crisis, Brown when asked if he was “rattled”, said: “I feel I am getting on with the job. “Every week there is a new challenge. People will see we have steered a course of stability.”

Forget about the police state, why are we allowing ourselves to be governed by a bunch of self deluded incompetent morons.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Whilst I agree entirely with you, the most frightening thing is what are the alternatives?
David Cameron? The prospect of him running the country and being in charge of the security of our nation fills me with complete horror.
Lib Dems? Please, apart from Paddy Ashdown they haven't had a creditable politician for years.

Although it goes against everything I believe in, maybe a Military coup wouldn't be so bad after all, they certainly could do just as good / bad as anyone else.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
No one shall be taking over my country while im around...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Mad Regent]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you mean fairly elected representatives of the people working in the interests of the citizens with diligence . I would call it Representative Liberty .
In the Dictionary Democracy means :

Democracy is the rule of the Mob or Mob Rule

And yes were are ruled by the Mob.

63% of the UK voting population didnt vote Labour yet we follow the Agenda of the Labour Government

www.radstats.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Whilst it is hard to imagine a Military coup taking place here, it is tempting to wish for one, bearing in mind the 'calibre' of Government ministers of the last few decades.
However, whoever ends up in office will soon be puchased by the same 'Puppet Masters'.

At the next general election, the British Peoplle could vote for all the independants instead. My advice is for everone to go out and VOTE! not sit at home and compplain, Stop voting for the three major parties that have long since been bought and paid for, and vote ONLY for those who truly represent YOU!
At least for for a while, you may have a Government that will turn away from a war-based economy, pull out of the EUROFIASCO, and stop this immigration madness which is destroying our Country. We Have a MOAT[ THE ENGLISH CHANNEL], AND IT'S TIME TO PULL UP THE DRAWBRIDGE.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

How much more funding do the military need exactly ? The Navy are getting two new aircraft carriers, new Type 45 destroyers, Astute class attack submarines, landing ships, JSF planes & Merlin helicopters The RAF are getting new Typhoon squadrons. F-35's, A400M heavy transports, A330 tanker aircraft & Sentinel R1 intell aircraft. And the Army have got orders in for a whole new class of fighting vehicles. And all that's in addition to all the kit the forces have got already.

We're only a nation of 60 million, for heavens sake. The way the military carry on you'd think we still had an empire to defend.

All this is not in addition to all the kit the forces already have.

The 8 (only 6 order so far) Type 45 were to replace the 12 Type 42 of which 4 were taken out of service in 2004.
The 2 new aircraft carriers are to replace the existing 3 smaller aircraft carriers 1 of which has already been taken out of service.
The 6 (3 order so far) Astute class attack submarines is to replace the 6 (4 already taken out of service) Swiftsure class and now also the 7 Trafalgar Class submarines.
The landing ships replaced older landing craft.
The Typhoon squadrons are replacing Tornado F3 and Tornado GR4 squadrons
The Jaguar squadrons taken out of service in 2007 and was not replaced.
F-35's (which are JSF planes) to enter service in 2014 are replacing the Harrier and Sea Harrier, the Sea Harrier was taken out of service in 2006.
The A400M are replacing half of the Hercules C-130
A330 tanker aircraft are replacing VC10 and Tristar
The whole new class of fighting vehicles are replacing a variety of old armoured vehicles.

All this is being replaced later than planned some of which will have a problem lasting that long.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I disagree with the people saying we here in the UK have been dumbed down- I think that the people form the UK posting that contradict themselves there.

I think that we have been led to believe thats what has happened so we think that we are the only ones who feel strongly about it. Thus the reson nobody will do anything--they think they are alone.

Perhaps a military coup wouldn't be that bad- or at least for a while unti a better government party is put in place.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
infinite, I liked the idea behind this thread that I did a podcast as this is sometimes the best way to get my words across.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And of course a bump up as well on a great thread idea

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
infinite, I liked the idea behind this thread that I did a podcast as this is sometimes the best way to get my words across.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And of course a bump up as well on a great thread idea

Great podcast,

you make some fantastic points

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
personally alot of the people around me are angry with the governt at the moment for many different things.

so a revolution wouldnt suprise me at all.

many things such as

1/ lack of flood defences
2/ tax increases in pretty much everything (e,g £1.10 per litre for petrol)
3/ all religous groups are all getting their cages rattled, eg no nativity plays this year might up set other cultures.
4/ terrorism everyone is so paranoid of each other.
5/ youths! all the bad press on children yes some all bad but not all.
6/ all the stabbing and shootings, it seems the police are so preoccupied protecting the criminal the victims are left standing.
7/ police are so interested in getting money for nothing eg speed cameras, and fines that they arent fighting cime see above.
8/ government scandals
9/ soldiers are cared for when they come back from the different war zones they are in.the houses are a disgrace

the media dont really help they escalate things alot but its getting people are really getting upset.
alot of people i know are becoming racist when they werent originally and its to unsafe for people to go out in the day letalone night.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It's an interesting idea but how exactly are you suggesting this would all unfold ?

See that's tha part that would make me pay more attention to this thread if you actually knew how it would unfold.

See the army is managed in such a way that it would make your idea totally impossible to take place.

We are not some 3rd world country where the army is full of corruption and scum most british soldier's and officer's have a little bit of a thing called pride.

We have had that since the age of the empire.

Good day sir.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Kerrichin, While all the points you mention are serious, I just do not see the British people getting fired up enough to do anything serious other than just changing the Government.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
perhaps where you are people arent to bothered but where i am its getting quite nasty.

you cant even go to any pub anymore if you go to the wrong one you could be stabbed because you arent ''one of them''
perhaps its just where i live

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Are we talking about the shame Shropshire here you are talking about the one in UK yes ?

Never heard of it being any worse than anywhere else if anything a much nicer place.

HAHA

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
guess you have never been to shropshire 2 murders in a year and numerous stabbings.

also alot of the girls in town are being date raped.

the date rape drug is everywhere

and druggies are all over the place cant walk down the street with out finding a seringe or a used condom on the road.

and haveyou ever been to telford.

yes shropshire is very pretty i will admit but the people are vile hence the reason im moving to another county soon then on to canada to get away.

the average age for girls getting pregnant in market drayton is 16 it seems to me.
and i hardly know anyone who have been to college or university, imnotsaying being educated is a must and your better than anyone else but no one in market drayton seems to care about there future all they care about is getting drunk and sleeping around.

if you dont believe be live there for a week.
im ridiculed in my town because i dont drink and i enjoy opera and the theatre.
dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with alcohol but when people spend one half of the day talking about drinking then the other half drinkin i think there might be a problem.

bottom line market drayton is a dump and i wouldnt wish my worst enemy to live there.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Errmmm...WHAT army? Do you mean those few thousand men in Basra & Afghanistan? I can't see it....

J.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join