It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans-dimensional theory.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
One night, the summer before last, I was contemplating the origin of creatures such as Bigfoot, Nessy, and Chupacabra to name a few, and why it is that no one can seem to pin one down. Then a thought came to me; what if the reason we cant find or capture one of these rare creatures is because they are only in our plane of existence some of the time?

If you look at it from a multi-dimensional point of view, then it could be possible that these creatures exist primarily in a neighboring dimension. When the neighboring dimension crosses with ours or "bumps" into ours then these creatures physically appear in our world.

Maybe thats why they can sometimes leave physical evidence, yet remain no where to be found.

Is it possible that these creatures have a vibration level that allows them to span multiple dimensions simultaneously? Or can they travel between dimensions at will?

I think it could be a possibility. I mean, how much do we really know about reality?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Your theroy does make some sense, but then whats the chance of another dimension crossing with ours? Im not a big believer of the whole 3rd dimension thing, but I keep my mind open to the ideas. If they did cross, who knows what could walk out of another dimension

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I put up a thread here a few months ago about this (I'm too lazy to dig it up, lol).

My theory is these creatures are multi-dimensional, stepping in and out of our vibrational frequency as they choose. I feel that bigfoot in particular is MUCH more evolved than we think, and that this being has the ability to change it's vibrational matter with its mind to create dimensional doorways to step in and out of our realities and others.

Wig

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I agree with the theory as far as bigfoot is concerned, it also explains why BF is seen in countries like UK where there is little wilderness to accomodate them. This is also backed up by the Scottish sighting where the BF dissappeared before the lady and her dog.

It also explains why a lot of the time BF is surprised to see a human, usually this is taken by the human to be the BF is surprised to encounter a human, But if you ask me the BF is surprised the human can see them not that the BF sees the human.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting theory. But wouldn't the appearances be random? How come we don't see a BF walking down the middle of NYC, or some place like that? All the sightings generally take place in the same kinds of areas.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What I belive is that every step in evolution that we take, is also taken by some creature from our world but residing in a different dimension...
(ex.) What if as we changed from Ape to Man, and animal such as a Dog formed into a humanoid form and suddenly became able to use all 100% of it's potential allowing it to bend time and space at will, and as it learned to control what it had been 'Given' it 'Teleported' to our dimension, and early people saw it and thus spawned the legend/accounts of Werewolves.

So I think it is possible that in other dimensions creatures that are more evolved than us live and have learned how to move from reality to reality... And for the comment about Bigfoot in New York, maybe the reason we only see them in secluded woodland areas is beacuse they do not really know what we are and they are scared of us, so they choose to avoid areas with high numbers of people, to try and survive their brief visits to our dimension...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That theory may also explain the black cats that are occasionally spotted in the english country side and also the many, many legends (throughout the world) of hell hounds and black beasts and such things...

I do believe in parallel dimensions and funnily enough just wrote about the same thing in a thread about reptillians .... (although im on the fence there).

Very interesting theory, thread flagged.....

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Interesting theories.

If they do become visible then the question of why we see them in secluded areas and why is it not more often do spring to mind.

Perhaps the reason why they do not appear in populated areas is because there is so much stuff going on there. By stuff I mean tv signals, mobile phone signals, electrical fields, noise waves etc which interfere and block the crossing/overlapping of dimensions. Maybe they sense all this stuff and they are repelled by it.

Does the frequency of sightings change over time? I wonder if we saw more of these beasts in the past than we do now. There are certainly alot of tales and myths from the past involving beasts like these. They did seem to see all sorts of weird and wonderful things back then.

Maybe as our technology increases we see less and less of them. As we become more attuned to our tvs and ipods, we become less so to nature and its multidimensions.

Just a few ideas.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by YarlanZey]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icon_xof
One night, the summer before last, I was contemplating the origin of creatures such as Bigfoot, Nessy, and Chupacabra to name a few,

If you look at it from a multi-dimensional point of view, then it could be possible that these creatures exist primarily in a neighboring dimension. When the neighboring dimension crosses with ours or "bumps" into ours then these creatures physically appear in our world.

ok so the faked pictures of Nessie which are in fact the best evidence that anything exists are actually pictures of transdimensional non entities ?
and the Bigfoot which also has no evidence for its existence except for some faked video footage is the same

and the chupucabras ?

have you actually looked into that with an open mind or do you just read about them in UFO weekly ?

I congratulate you for original thinking but tv is way ahead of you
en.wikipedia.org...

Primeval is a British science fiction drama television programme produced by Impossible Pictures for ITV. The first episode was broadcast on 10 February 2007, and has been renewed for a second series by ITV, which completed filming on 1 October 2007, and is due to be broadcast in 2008.
The series follows a team of scientists who investigate anomalies in time and deal with the creatures that travel through. The team of five is led by Professor Nick Cutter, a palaeontologist determined to find his wife who disappeared while investigating an anomaly in the Forest of Dean, England eight years previously.

but really your explanation is answering a non existent question
there is no loch ness monster so no need for it to be escaping science by dimension jumping
there may be a bigfoot but it lives in the most remote areas of the world so doesn't need to dimension jump to escape our attention either
and the Chupucabra one minute its been dropped off by a ufo and the next its been shot by a farmer in Texas and the next its a coyote with mange ?. thats not dimension jumping its mass hysteria

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Thanks - this show did spring to mind but I couldnt remember the name. It is was a disappointing watch at the start, getting slightly more interesting with the mystery surrounding the professers wife being lost in the past and the introduction of some consipracy.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
ok so the faked pictures of Nessie which are in fact the best evidence that anything exists are actually pictures of transdimensional non entities ?

I dont consider faked photos to be the best evidence. The best evidence for nessy IMO are the anomalous sonar hits.

and the Bigfoot which also has no evidence for its existence except for some faked video footage is the same

No evidence? Years and years of reported sightings and actual footprints seems like pretty compelling evidence to me.

and the chupucabras ?

have you actually looked into that with an open mind or do you just read about them in UFO weekly ?

I never argued as to the validity of Chupacabra. I just used it as an example of the mysteries that could possibly be explained by a trans-dimensional theory.

I congratulate you for original thinking but tv is way ahead of you
en.wikipedia.org...

Primeval is a British science fiction drama television programme produced by Impossible Pictures for ITV. The first episode was broadcast on 10 February 2007, and has been renewed for a second series by ITV, which completed filming on 1 October 2007, and is due to be broadcast in 2008.
The series follows a team of scientists who investigate anomalies in time and deal with the creatures that travel through. The team of five is led by Professor Nick Cutter, a palaeontologist determined to find his wife who disappeared while investigating an anomaly in the Forest of Dean, England eight years previously.

First of all, why would you congratulate me for original thinking if you dont consider my thinking original?

Second of all, the TV show you have here deals with creatures from different time periods. I'm trying to formulate a theory for unknown creatures that we cant pin down, not dinosaurs.

but really your explanation is answering a non existent question
there is no loch ness monster so no need for it to be escaping science by dimension jumping
there may be a bigfoot but it lives in the most remote areas of the world so doesn't need to dimension jump to escape our attention either
and the Chupucabra one minute its been dropped off by a ufo and the next its been shot by a farmer in Texas and the next its a coyote with mange ?. thats not dimension jumping its mass hysteria

An attempt to answer a question is in itself proof that there is a question to answer in the first place (even if I was the only one to ask it). The only non-existant questions are the ones that havent been asked.

Your opinion on nessy is just that... your opinion. If you cant disprove it then you cant dismiss it for anyone other than yourself.

And please, dont follow a half-assed criticism with a smiley, thats just bad form.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The dimension jumping is a valid theory, even if the creatures have no control. It could just be a case by case basis, such as BF being surprised (accident) or the chubacabra attacking live stock (intentional).
Humans could possible be dimenson jumping as well. Example: bermuda triangle.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

One night, the summer before last, I was contemplating the origin of creatures such as Bigfoot, Nessy, and Chupacabra to name a few, and why it is that no one can seem to pin one down. Then a thought came to me; what if the reason we cant find or capture one of these rare creatures is because they are only in our plane of existence some of the time?

Maybe thats why they can sometimes leave physical evidence, yet remain no where to be found.

Is it possible that these creatures have a vibration level that allows them to span multiple dimensions simultaneously? Or can they travel between dimensions at will?

I think it could be a possibility. I mean, how much do we really know about reality?

I think your on the right track. Though I wouldnt use terms like plane of existence, vibrations or dimensions.

Not too long ago I started a thread called "They Come From Within" www.abovetopsecret.com... that elaborated on ideas similar to your own. This thread has become a stepping stone to writing a book that I am currently doing research for.

Right now I'm researching Faerie Lore and it is deeply fascinating. Trolls, Yetis, and Sasquatch have alot of similarities. There are tons of very interesting coincidences between Faerie Lore and Cryptozoology, Ufology, and the Paranormal. My personal opinion is that these are not coincidences but modern interpretations of an ancient phenomena.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't particularily believe in creatures like big foot, the loch ness monster, things of the sort- Because there's honestly no PROOF, or evidence of their existance.
A few foot prints here or there, that may or may not be real- Some eye witness accounts; none of that if proof or evidence, no matter how badly you want it to be.
But- Perhaps things, like you said could occur.
I don't agree that it's on the creatures part which allows them to travel to another dimension, but perhaps every now and then small rifts open in space- And perhaps Earth just happens to cross paths with them.
I'm fairly skeptical on the whole thing.
As for the poster a while back, who mentioned something about not believing in the "Third" dimension- You do realize we exist in the fourth dimension, don't you?
www.tenthdimension.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Your opinion on nessy is just that... your opinion. If you cant disprove it then you cant dismiss it for anyone other than yourself.

you want me to prove that Nessie doesn't exist
thats no problem
how much money you want that I can't convince at least half a dozen people that nessie doesn't exist
you'll have to prove to half a dozen others that she does to win
this will have to be irrefutable

shall we say £1000 or would you like to lose even more money ?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

you want me to prove that Nessie doesn't exist
thats no problem
how much money you want that I can't convince at least half a dozen people that nessie doesn't exist
you'll have to prove to half a dozen others that she does to win
this will have to be irrefutable

shall we say £1000 or would you like to lose even more money ?

Convincing people that your opinion is the right one does not prove anything (other than maybe your powers of persuasion). The only way you could irrefutably disprove nessy is to drain all of Loch Ness.

You believe one thing, I believe another.... I'm more than willing to agree to disagree. I wont say you're wrong because I cant prove you are... Just dont go touting your opinion as fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
but it is fact

the only evidence of anything being in th Loch are those photos now known to have been faked

you can't claim an anomalous sonar reading as evidence when its just as likely that it was a submerged log or other type of detritus

the original claim for the monsters existence the one that appears in the Vitae Columba written by Adomnan doesn't even say that the monster was in the Loch but some way away in the River Ness. This in itself is a copy of an earlier tale about an enraged sperm whale that attacked a boat off the island of Iona which is some distance further away from the River Ness but on the same route that St Columba took through scotland on his mission to christianise the Picts.

so what have you got

an original claim that it was somewhere else and was a whale
submerged logs
faked photos

to prove something isn't there is easy when you see that the evidence you think is solid doesn't actually exist
to prove something is requires evidence of its existence
and in this case no matter what the Scottish tourist board wants you to believe there isn't any....

if you want I can post the relative passages which date from the 5th century but if you were really interested in this subject you should already have read them

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm very interested in the 5th century texts, but for some reason I don't have them...

Should i be punished?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
from vitae coumba written by Andamann

CHAPTER XIII.

How the Saint knew and told beforehand about a great Whale.
ONE day when the venerabIe man was staying in the Iouan island (Hy, now Iona), a certain brother named Berach intended to sail to the Ethican island (Tiree), and going to the saint in the morning asked his blessing. The saint looking at him, said, "O my son, take very great care this day not to attempt sailing direct over the open sea to the Ethican land (Tiree); but rather take a circuit, and sail round by the smaller islands, for this reason, that thou be not thrown into great terror by a huge monster, and hardly be able to escape." On receiving the saint's blessing he departed, and when he reached his ship, he set sail without giving heed to the saint's words. But as he was crossing over the larger arms of the Ethican sea, he and the sailors who were with him looked out, and lo, a whale, of huge and amazing size, raised itself like a mountain, and as it floated on the surface, it opened its mouth, which, as it gaped; was bristling with teeth. Then the rowers, hauling in their sail, pulled back in the utmost terror, and had a very narrow escape from the agitation of the waves caused by the motion of the monster; and they were also struck with wonder as they remembered the prophetic words of the saint. On the morning of that same day, as Baithene was going to sail to the forenamed island, the saint told him about this whale, saying, "Last night, at midnight, a great whale rose from the depth of the sea, and it will coat this day on the surface of the ocean between the Iouan and Ethican islands (Iona and Tiree)." Baithene answered and said, "That beast and I are under the power of God." "Go in peace," said the saint, "thy faith in Christ shall defend thee from this danger." Baithene accordingly, having received the saint's blessing, sailed from the harbour; and after they had sailed a considerable distance, he and his companions saw the whale; and while all the others were much terrified, he alone was without fear, and raising up both his hands, blessed the sea and the whale. At the same moment the enormous brute plunged down under the waves, and never afterwards appeared to them.

now heres the famous mention of the Loch Ness Monster

CHAPTER XXVIII.

How an Aquatic Monster was driven off by virtue of the blessed man's prayer.
ON another occasion also, when the blessed man was living for some days in the province of the Picts, he was obliged to cross the river Nesa (the Ness); and when he reached the bank of the river, he saw some of the inhabitants burying an unfortunate man, who, according to the account of those who were burying him, was a short time before seized, as he was swimming, and bitten most severely by a monster that lived in the water; his wretched body was, though too late, taken out with a hook, by those who came to his assistance in a boat. The blessed man, on hearing this, was so far from being dismayed, that he directed one of his companions to swim over and row across the coble that was moored at the farther bank. And Lugne Mocumin hearing the command of the excellent man, obeyed without the least delay, taking off all his clothes, except his tunic, and leaping into the water. But the monster, which, so far from being satiated, was only roused for more prey, was lying at the bottom of the stream, and when it felt the water disturbed above by the man swimming, suddenly rushed out, and, giving an awful roar, darted after him, with its mouth wide open, as the man swam in the middle of the stream. Then the blessed man observing this, raised his holy hand, while all the rest, brethren as well as strangers, were stupefied with terror, and, invoking the name of God, formed the saving sign of the cross in the air, and commanded the ferocious monster, saying, "Thou shalt go no further, nor touch the man; go back with all speed." Then at the voice of the saint, the monster was terrified, and fled more quickly than if it had been pulled back with ropes, though it had just got so near to Lugne, as he swam, that there was not more than the length of a spear-staff between the man and the beast. Then the brethren seeing that the monster had gone back, and that their comrade Lugne returned to them in the boat safe and sound, were struck with admiration, and gave glory to God in the blessed man. And even the barbarous heathens, who were present, were forced by the greatness of this miracle, which they themselves had seen, to magnify the God of the Christians.

from this latter account comes the origin of the loch ness monster and ist worth noting that these accounts were written more than 100 years after st Columbas death by his chronicler Andamann who himself was an Abbott at the same monsatery on Iona that Columba had been an Abbott at. Its worth noting because he followed a line starting at Iona and travelling in the saints footsteps. which means that the stories he encountered could also have filtered along that way too

both stories clearly portray the same event, aquatic monster attacks human and is scared off by the sign of the cross

the first is told from the perspective of some educated monks and the second from some uneducated picts.
Monks know what whales are
Picts don't and regard them as monsters
so what happened is the picts heard the whale story and just adapted it writing themselves in as the characters involved. This is a method of story telling that is 100% normal. consider Noah derived from Gilgamesh or Cinderellas fur slipper turning to glass

so heres the original question now enlightened and updated with what we know

Q. are whales transdimensional ?

haha sorry couldn't resist

Wig

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

but it is fact

Your argument holds no water, you have an opinion, nothing else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join