It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My stupid little alternate theory of origins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
An alternate theory of origins:

As I was sitting on my back deck one night with my pipe, gazing upon all the heavenly glory above, I realized that we as humans really haven’t the slightest idea of how our species came to be. Sure we have theories, but nothing concrete. Considering the validity of existing theories, I concluded that anything spewed forth with a minuscule amount of intelligence could be considered. So now, with this in mind, I shall spew forth.

I believe that we were implanted on this planet either as an observational experiment, or to perpetuate the existence of our original species. Our ancestors realizing that at some point, their planet would become uninhabitable, decided to proceed with this experiment. Now I know thus far this reads as a 2-bit sci-fi novel, but so does the Christian version of origins, so just chill. Now, I find it strange that for millions and millions of years, this planet was inhabited by colossal creatures, and then one day, boom. Something wipes them out and here we are. It’s as if something or someone planned it.

Chances are that if our ancestors are from another planet, the atmosphere was completely different, making habitation of a new planet very difficult. Now, how does one bypass this problem? One would have to reduce the composition of their species to the very basic components necessary to function and let it re-evolve in the new habitat. Sounds far out huh? Well, according to Professor Michael Behe of Lehigh University in Pennsylvania there are key cellular structures in us and on our planet that are irreducibly complex, indicating intelligence in the design. Now, who’s to say that our ancestors/implanters didn’t take their cellular composition and redesign it to evolve on planet Earth?

Now the obvious problem with my theory thus far is that there is no irrefutable evidence of extraterrestrial life. The most I can offer in spite of this is what is known as the Drake Equation. The Drake Equation was developed by Frank Drake in 1961 as a way to focus on the factors which determine how many intelligent, communicating civilizations there may be in our galaxy. The Drake Equation is: N = N * fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x fL. Explaining this equation in its entirety is way, way, way beyond the spectrum of this essay. The most I can say about it is that, given current estimates for all the variables in the equation, the number of intelligent, communicating civilizations in our galaxy is right around one thousand. So, to summarize this paragraph, the odds of the existence of intelligent civilizations in our galaxy versus none are about one thousand to one.

If we were implanted here by an extraterrestrial intelligence, chances are that we are not the only ones. These beings, realizing that there was a chance that implantation would fail, probably tried this experiment on other planets. So I highly doubt that we are alone here. Why then haven’t we heard from them? Well, I believe that we have, but the information is being held from the general public. The effects of this information on the general public would probably be most undesirable, so I do to a certain extent agree with the decision to withhold this information. So, why then do I believe that we have already been contacted? Because, in my opinion, the odds of contact are way too high to think otherwise. I mean look at it, as mentioned in the previous paragraph, the odds of there being intelligent life in our galaxy is about one thousand to one, which means there is a damn good chance that at least one of those civilizations has technology that is equal to or more advanced than ours, and have successfully attempted contact.

(continued)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Not only do I believe that contact has already occurred, I also believe that some of our “implanters” are here among us. I mean, if they survived the death of their home planet, or if their planet never died in the first place, than wouldn’t they want to check up on us? I believe that they are here in the form of the most elite of our society, the illuminati if you will. I believe that they are in control of the world’s governments, the media, and about anything else that influences our daily lives. This brings me to my next point, distractions.

In our lives we are flooded with distractions from observing our existence. These distractions include, but are not limited to; television, video games, pop-culture, and pro sports. I believe that all of these things are exaggerated to the point that they cascade reality. Now, how does this tie into my theory? If we were implanted here as an observational experiment, then given the absence of our implanters, it is obvious that the experiment is a Naturalistic observation. A Naturalistic observation is simply an observational experiment in which the observer remains unobtrusive and hidden. If at any time the subjects realize that they are part of an experiment, the whole thing is screwed. So, to conclude this paragraph, we are being flooded with distractions to divert our attention away from the experiment.

To conclude, I believe that the odds of there being other intelligent civilizations in our galaxy and of them making contact with us are too high to dismiss, and that the probability of them creating us, either as an experiment or to perpetuate the species, is as plausible as other well accepted theories of origins. I’m not stating this theory as fact. It is what it is, just a theory. I leave it to you, the reader, to make conclusions based on the information presented herein.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
good read. i too was experiancing a moment of peace [...] while gazing at the stars the other night..i came up with a crazy idea that would just be n[...]uts.. say 2012 brings the galactic shift and what not.. you know how they say the "truth" will then reveal itself.. well [...] and i had a vision of myself looking in mirror over a course of time, and every flash i saw of me looking into the mirror i began to look more like a grey. that would be crazy as [...] right haha the truth, we are aliens put here in disguise to protect ourselves from whatever it may be...thats crazy.. but thats what goes on my head [...]lol

---------------------------
removed profanities and personal drug experience reference

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, from the terms and conditions;

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I totaly agree with ur theory, is the a better explanation than religion
but now here is a question-
who created our creators [The aliens]?

how they[the aliens] did come to be?, i think evolution is the most accurate but i wanna know what you think.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
little theory? that was quite a novel....

what was in that pipe?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Icon_xof

Hhmm, interesting, your theory actually is not stupid, and not that little either.

The chances that humans are actually some sort of alien colony that evolves separately in my opinion, are pretty high.
As for the rest of your theory, still not stupid. Good job, good for you.
You should stargaze more. Yes, and maybe you should lose the pipe this time. Let see if it'll yield a different result. Although I have to concur with planetfall, what the hell was in that pipe?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would guess the pipe's contents are rather mild and completely legal.

A good read and an interesting theory.
Gazing at the stars on a clear night, by yourself always brings introspection for most.

How can it not?

As far as length, not a problem.
I note that most commenters apparently read to the end.

Not to sidetrack the conversation, but noting Drzava's comment about who created the creators, my question is; Space has to end and if it does, what's on the other side?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hi there - I think maybe the late great Douglas Adams got it right with his theory (from memory) that a huge ship carrying all the great scientists, artists, thinkers, engineers etc were all sent off in search of a planet to inhabit, while another ship containing hair dressers, talk show hosts, traffic wardens etc was to follow - this ship being piloted by idiots of course crashed on ancient earth and the resulting descendents are the sad creatures that currently populate our little green planet...

Would explain a lot really - daytime tv for one

cheers

berth

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

I agree that evolution seems to be the most probable explanation for the origin of any original intelligent life. Beyond that, ie God, I really don't know. Despite what any human would have you believe, our understanding of reality and existence is far too limited to even begin to draw accurate conclusions. It's possible that the God of the old testament created everything, just as its possible that we were all created by the flying spaghetti monster or a celestial teapot. The truth is that anyone who would try and have you believe one or the other is full of it, simply because they just don't know. I find it humorous that some people can so strongly believe in something without any evidence at all. I'm sorry to any believers reading this, but the concept of faith was created to serve the same purpose as the concepts of Heaven and Hell, sins, and divine retribution; to suck people in and keep them from leaving. It's all a means of control.

Anyway, sorry if I strayed off subject a little. The only thing I can say in response to your question is this; I cant answer it, if I tried I would fail and look as foolish as anyone else who tried to explain something we are simply incapable of comprehending. My theory doesn't attempt to answer a question as deep as original creation, that's out of the ballpark. But the idea of humans as an experiment is situated somewhere in the diamond.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Icon_xof]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Space has to end and if it does, what's on the other side?

IMO that depends on if time is linear or cyclical or something else completely (another question which is impossible for us humans to answer).

If time is linear, then what is at the end of space/time is anyones guess. It could be nothing/limbo, it could be a divine/supreme being, or it could even be a pink dragon with gumdrops for teeth. But thats only if you look at time and space as having an end. Personally, I view linear time as an unending process of creation. So from that view there would be no end, just an unending progression/expansion of space/time.

If time is cyclic (ie repeating itself in an infinite loop) then what would be at the end of space would be the beginning of space, beautifully symbolized by this nifty little symbol
the Buddhist enso

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
And to answer the question of, "what was in the pipe?" I'll just reffer, I mean refer you to this thread.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Icon_xof]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

.That kindsa explains it.

Now, on a serious note. Presumably these aliens come back, or announce themselves to the public. Then they say, this experiment is a mistake or morally wrong (kinda late don't you think?), or whatever. So they offer you two choices, follow them home and you won't suffer on earth anymore. You'll live like them, as gods. But you have to abandon everything that you believe and live according to their way of life. Or stay, continue to be prone to suffering, and live as ordinary human.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
We could be the aliens, yes..

What if life didnt start on earth.. what if it was formed not in a eath-bound darwenian pool, but a cosmic pool..the orion nebula ,by forming in vast molecular clouds of gas and dust such as there are there , with inorganic cosmic dust composed of iron, silicon carbon mixed with inorganic gases acting as nurserys creating organic molecules of ever greater complexity..plus the polarizing light there that would destroy any one side to create the left sided imbalance in amino acids that we see in life. OK, now theres other types of evidence with nasa's spitzer space telescope discovering some of life's most basic molecules in the dust swirling around a young star. The ingredients - gaseous precursors to DNA and protein - were detected in the star's terrestrial planet zone , but seems ideal for the nebula that creates the stars . This actual star was IRS 46 in Ophiuchus..

Well, im just really looking for leads that might suggest the darwenian pool might be in the nebula where the sheer vast amounts of the basic materials would be present, and the time to create it..

What happens next is there is life formed, but not on earth .. but on planet(s) much closer to the nebula than earth where they would be physically closer to this 'organic nursey'. And the life form created is nowhere near as complex as our own ..even with this far vaster supply of organic material..

Maybe there was some kind of 'darwenist' bootstrap kind of first lifeform, but not of an evolution we currently envisage with our earth model, under an alien environment theres to many unknown parameters to even really guess how it'd happen..Now, while these far more basic lifeforms may have taken a lot longer to reach a level of civisation we have in our time.. they may have somehow, someway of reached a point after millions of years where they could actually have improved their dna code by intelligence . That would then become the point when intelligence became the predominant evolutionary factor , the ability to consciously detemine a lifeforms 'successor' .. giving rise to a kind of strata of lifeforms being born off the back of the previous by intelligent design . and the next lifeform with an improved dna would lead to an exponentially faster design for the next. I guess it would mean a type of suicide for the preceding lifeform .. but may just be natures way .. could be that should we start to improve on our dna code, there may come a time it'll be unfashionable to be 'human' anymore .

So anyway, there comes a time that this civilisation thinks it might want to preserve its species by sending its dna off into space.. either that or it wants to try say another type of lifeform ie carbon based if say for instance they are silicon .. but for whatever reason, they want a brand new design of dna or an existing (maybe improved) type of their own to send to another planet ..and they send it to earth ?

oh well, just as good a chance this happened as the hebrew god made us

So maybe, we wen't created by a 'superior' type of lifeform or a god, but a less advanced one in a dna sense ( maybe as the grey's) , all they needed to be is more knowledgeable, not more intelligent or of greater physical proficiency.

Also interesting, is they have found what looks like to be a language contained within our 'junk' dna. In that it obey's Zipt's law . Perhaps there is the answer there to our origins once we are advanced enough to de-cypher it. But they didnt finish our code, there were bits incomplete like the vitamin c metabolism gene. they didnt finish the code off to the level they aimed for because of the half finished sequences ( not something a god would do).. or they maybe thought to give us that extra unused 96% of our dna to play around with (as well as carry the REM comments (Zipt's law information )) when we get to start designing the next lifeform to supercede us .

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Presumably these aliens come back, or announce themselves to the public. Then they say, this experiment is a mistake or morally wrong (kinda late don't you think?), or whatever. So they offer you two choices, follow them home and you won't suffer on earth anymore. You'll live like them, as gods. But you have to abandon everything that you believe and live according to their way of life. Or stay, continue to be prone to suffering, and live as ordinary human.

Well, if that were to happen I think only certain people would be given the option to return with them. I dont think they'll openly invite neocons, crack heads, and rapists to join them, their world would end up as bad as ours. Because of this they would probably opt to carry out a "homecoming" in secrecy. I mean, can you imagine how offended people would be if they were not invited? "it" would hit the fan. Following this logic, I'm almost tempted to say it's possible that it's already happened. There's only one factor keeping me from reaching that conclusion: I'm still here
And I dont think adapting to their way of life would be that bad at all. I mean, they way things are going on Earth, unless your on top, most every forecast is grim. And could you imagine an advanced world where bigotry, greed, gluttony, religion, ignorance, and a monetary system have been outgrown by the inhabitants? It would be heaven, almost any changes would be well worth it.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Icon_xof]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Thanks for your insight, very interesting. Do you have any sources pertaining to these cosmic processes, I'd love to learn more.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Flagged and starred.You are not this first to come to this conclusion.Many feel the same way...as do I.Your theory is EXTREMELY well written.You get a gold star for that alone.
Of course it does leave open questions.Who created the aliens?Chicken and egg scenario.
In my opinion...and I get jumped for this regularly..
Right now..Iam a spirit in a physical body, here to experience this physical world.Somewhere in the subconcious of my mind..the answers to who Iam and how I came to be here are there.Perhaps even written in my DNA. However, it is not for me to question.It takes away from the short time I have on this earth to experience everything in the physical.A life spent pondering the universe and the meaning of Life..is a wasted life..to me.
When my spirit departs this body...I'll have endless time to contemplate such things..I'm sure.Man's curiousity is both his greatest trait at times, and his worst trait.It leads to great discoveries...and wasted time.
Pick and chose where your curiousity should lead you....hopefully not astray.
AD

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
There is information regarding IRS 146 at amongst others:

www.centauri-dreams.org...

Fred Hoyle would be the person to look up for information on the cosmic processes.

For Zipt's law / DNA code , heres a good page :

www.abc.net.au...

Maybe the pyramid positions regarding the orion nebula might be a map pointer courtesy of our predessors , perhaps under the sphinx in the hall of records the alien dna pod that brought us here ..

All maybe's ) , Were allowed these kinds of ideas here ! , my excuse hehe

The orion is the birthplace of the stars , if theres a god, perhaps it's his laboratory for the birthplace of life too. Maybe the formation of life was not a dull spark in an earthen muddy pool but created in the vast thermonuclear energy of new born stars.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

A pleasantly surprising answer, don't think they'll openly invite neocons, crack heads, rapist, etc, would probably opt secret homecoming, you're still here, monetary system have been outgrown by the inhabitants (simply amazing!), it would be heaven (not if you somehow have to leave your loved ones behind).

Maybe they'll invite those people, remember the requirement is to abandon your false believe and live according to their way of life. Some sort of repentance to enter the alien haven. They're probably very spiritual, and they know how to gauge people spiritually.

You're still here. You said that because you don't want to be here? Perhaps if you have a mission here, you'll feel the heaven can wait.

Opt for secret homecoming, until they decide there's no more time to lose, the world is falling apart.

Monetary system have been outgrown. It never took place. A credit system based on function in society and performance. If you're of high rank, someone that is very useful to the society, you will be granted a lot of credits by the collective. Monetary system is actually a liberation from credit system, and is an experimental system. Meaning you don't have to have credential to own anything, simply money. Example, you can buy a computer even if you cannot operate one.

It would be heaven, not if you have descendants that are experiencing extreme suffering on earth.

[edit on 15 Nov 07 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

I'm having problem trying to comprehend your post. It is not as well written as Icon's (in my opinion), and my English isn't good, so correct me if I get you wrong. But still, if you believe this theory, it sure is a darn good one to believe.

You're not quite the aliens. You evolved separately remember, you have lost some of their traits. You don't have their long age. They live a long and a fulfilling life and have time for spirituality. They're very patience. You on the other hand, live a short life, with a lot of things to worry and fear.

Yes, it requires a more purer, homogenous but dynamic environment to have a genesis. A nebula is such a place. It's dynamic, and more homogenous than any planets, a nebula is some sort of a big brain floating in space. However, a protoDNA cannot evolve, and it cannot reproduce. Like a methane gas, it stays that way.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Chicken and egg? Perhaps you'll just tell this to them, the original souls come from the purest world. The purest world is alive. Don't have a persona, but alive, and it gives birth. In absolute term, every souls whether it's a clone or and AI come from the absolute pure world, souls exist as a probability.

So, how is it? Your experience in the physical world. Is it pleasant? I hope you don't feel lost. I personally felt frustrated by it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join