It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd hit it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
On another forum not too long ago I seen someone saying that the 'I'd hit it' comment from men is disgusting and degrading to women.

All the women agreed but most of the men said they had no problem thinking about it or saying it to their friends. I wanted to know what you all thought about this and I wanted to see if the replies vary or if all guys infact do not care.

I personally think that being catcalled is ok coming from certain people. It's not because I have a low self esteem, but when a guy you like says it it's not completly bad

So, feel free to say girls who like hearing that phrase from whomever are whores, but they probably think you're stuck up x]

[edit on 12-11-2007 by tuesday]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tuesday

I think its rather.... well..... hmmmmmm..... a double standard?
It's ok for those you are attracted to say that.
Yet it's demeaning to women if its from someone who you don't like?

Either it is demeaning or it isn't. Pick one.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
No, if an old man comes up to me and says he'd hit it, of course i'd be like wtf. Wouldn't you ?

And if a close friend says it to you you'd slap him in the face even if he IS joking around? You can't tell me theres not a difference.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tuesday

If HE did any of the sort I'd punch him. Seeing as to I am also a him.
But that is not what you stated.
It's demeaning across the board IMHO but you allow it if your interested in someone and don't hold everyone to that then it is a double standard.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
if you're considering a double standard a bad thing, then you're wrong. a husband or a fiance could say id hit to you and you wouldnt get pissed. But I think you get my point

unless you still think a double standard is a bad thing we're on the same level ?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hmmm you go from saying it wasn't a double standard to saying yes it was but its a good thing. Mmmmk.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And you go from having nothing to back you up to ... having nothing to back you up? MK.

I dont exactly see what you're on about. When exactly did I say it wasn't a double standard? When I said no in my second post I was refering to the last line of your first post.

The only thing I ever said refering to the fact that it's a double standard is that this type of double standard isn't exactly bad.

Now what exactly are you trying to tell me ? my opinion is screwed up ? Because I don't see AT ALL where you're coming from about anything I've said except pointless typing.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tuesday

Yep. Wasting my time. Good day.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

More like you wasted my time
Never asked for your opinion on my opinion, asked for your opinion on the subject.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

classic.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tuesday

And you got it and decided it was something else. Figures. Especially since it was not complimentary to you.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So much anger, lets just chill for a sec . Well nice rant! Very ranty. Rantalious if you will . Well I personaly do not know any girl who would like to hear that. I personaly would never say that to a women, but I do say it my buddies .

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thats just how some guys talk about how they feel for a girl, based on how she looks.

Everything can be offensive to anyone.

Kinda reminds me of an old South Park episode, it was one of the Chritmas episodes and the school put on a play. Well everyone wanted to have thier version of how it went down, and everyone started to be offended over what others did.

So they took a bunch of people and hooked them into some electic mind readers that would 'tell' if a phrase that was heard was offensive to anyone. So in the end they concluded that everything was offensive and the play was just a bunch of kids dressed in gray standing around, and then everyone was pissed cause the message of christmas was lost.

Moral... if you don't like what someone is saying, just don't listen, or just walk away, but if you are insulted, a swyft punch to the face would be fine...

Or take the action of the Founding Fathers and have a dual... i wish we could still dual...

And what, you don't think a girl every said something that would offend a guy???

Time to wake up and read the 1st amendment.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I much prefer the phrase...

Out of ten I'd give her...

I'd hit it is so vular!!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Me and my buddies back east used to say:

"Shes got talent"

and we knew what we meant.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I thought you said good day ? And, FYI, from your very first post you were talking about how my opinion was a double standard, not how "I'd hit it" is. I very well know people have different opinions and some may want to kill me for mine, but the second I get an opinion I never asked for shoved in my face quite rudly, I'll stop listening.

And what, you don't think a girl every said something that would offend a guy???

Course' they do. But some people just think that the phrase and how some will present themselves while saying it to a women is very vulgur. For instance, if someone decided to grab their 'manly parts' while yelling it at her ^^; Not so nice.

I dont know why but I find the "Out of 10 I'd give her" thing a little rude. xD I'm not sure why, but I've never found a girl who'd like to hear their 'rating'. Last time I heard it it made me wanna kick him in the nuts.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by tuesday]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have always enjoyed being a woman. Being attractive to men is what most women want. If the truth be known not many women are offended when a man notices them and finds them sexy.

Phrases like, "I'd hit it", "shes doable" and other comments sans curse words are just the way men and women talk.

Keep those catcalls coming men. From 18 to 80 men are wonderful.

When I was a young sweet thing men whisteled at women. I loved it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
hah
Finally someone agrees

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join