It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best dollar I ever spent - Dreamland DVD @ Walmart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So I was in the checkout at Walmart when I spot a stack of dvds for a buck. One of which was DREAMLAND, produced in 1996 about Area 51. It was the winner of the E.B.E. award. At least that's what the cover claimed.
It's about 2.5 hours long and pretty damn good. Although it pretty much covers off what's discussed in the forums here from Lazar to the A'le' Inn.

Anyhow I just wanted to get some people's opinion who's seen this movie. That movie was made in 1996. Yet, I don't think anything new has been uncovered or speculated since that time. For those that have seen it, do you recall them interviewing that old guy who claims that in 2002, the government would let him discuss his work while at Area 51? Has anyone heard anything else about what happened to this dude? What about that Cosmic Journey roadshow where the government hired a pr firm to design a travelling display of recovered UFOs and Aliens. They should some footage in that video also that I've seen passed around the web as Dulce alien tank video. Well I suggest that you check out this video if you're at Walmart. It's pretty a good documentary / fiction depending how you look at it. You got nothing to lose but a buck anyhow.

I also found a 2 dvd set UFOs Above & Beyond at ROSS. I haven't watched it yet but it's got Scotty from Star Trek on one and the other one is about Bob Lazar. It's only $3.99.

I also found CHARIOTS OF THE GODS in mint condition for a buck at a small town book sale. That is also a good read. Has anyone read it? What did you think of the book?

Sigh~ I guess the general public isn't interested in this kind of thing that's why I find it in th CLEARANCE bin.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by hotsheets]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Don't be so quick to judge the general public.

We are the general public too.

It's just that most of those movies and Docs have been around awhile.

( You did well for a buck !)

Good luck on finding some more.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good find. Even if it's nothing new, it's only a dollar spent...

As time goes on, you can find some really interesting stuff for next to nothing. I remember finding the Alien Interview DVD for a £1 here in the UK. While the production was poor and an obvious attempt to make some cash having flown straight to the DVD burner instead of a science lab, it was nonetheless interesting.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I picked up Area 51 conspiracies
unfortunately its a cartoon
but at least it should be entertaining

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Little know Great movie....Big Fish

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hotsheets

I got Dreamland at Walmart too, paid $3 so you did really well. I watched it once but was so tired I couldn't focus and fell asleep. I will definitely watch it this weekend and look for that interview.
Another good video I found was The Mysterious Origins of Man, an NBC special narrated by Charlton Heston.

"The Event" www.abovetopsecret.com... being advertised on TV. Looks like it should be interesting....

the President discovering there's a secret facility in Alaska that the CIA has been covering up, where something weird has been going on.

Alaska and Iceland and the Arctic....Maybe Groom Lake was getting to be like the big city.... Alaska is alien "suburbia"

Can't wait for the "Alien Wives of Alaska" series to break...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
im gonna go retrieve all the movies listed in this thread and watch them, for free, now thats the best price.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotsheets

This is the longest 2 hours I have ever lived through. No wonder I didn't get anything out of it. However I still think what they say is true....just that it failed to capture my attention.
I am a superficial person, if it involved disco perhaps ....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi All,

Does anybody have a link for this as I live in the UK and dont have a walmart here.

Thanks

S&F

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grand Master

Thank God I am watching a steak thaw as well, so as to provide an entertaining diversion. I can't believe this is only 2 hours long. Honestly, it is 8 hours if it is a minute....

this is better, www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is a fantastic documentary by Bruce Burgess. I also found it at Wal-Mart. If you are not familiar with his work you should check it out. I was able tio find two more of Burgess' work in the dollar bind at Wal-Mart, In Search of the Holy Grail and Broken Dagger. Both were equally as compelling as Dreamland.

In Search of the Holy Grail deals with an interesting aspect of grail lore and that is historical vessels thought to have been the actual Holy Grail. Burgess examines each.

Broken Dagger covers US government anti-terrorism programs pre-9/11. And when I say, "pre-9/11" I mean the film was made in 2000.

You should see if these two films are still in the dollar bind with Dreamland, they are well worth the dollar. I've also been looking for Burgess' other films to purchase but with no luck. He really has quite an interest in the paranormal/conspiracy world.

The Ark of the Covenant Revealed (2004), director

Desert Blast (2003), director

In Search of the Holy Grail (2003), director

Bigfootville (2002), director

Network of Terror (2001), director

Bombs & Basques - In the Firing Line (2001), director

The Bermuda Triangle Solved (2001), director

The Real Jack the Ripper (2000), director

William: A King in Waiting (2000), director

Broken Dagger (2000), director

Raising the Titanic (1999), director

Rocket Men (1999), director