It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hologram Effect - Hidden Images - Da Vinci ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is one of my favorites

i40.photobucket.com...

i40.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've never heard of an artist that has not at some point layered paint whether to achieve texture, depth or as you said, simply to cover up mistakes or paint an entirely different painting on top of another because they didn't like the first painting.

Just on the subject of da Vinci's paintings you can find an interesting if not unusual story on many: MONA LISA, VIRGIN OF THE ROCKS (two different versions, Louvre-Paris and The National Gallery-London.) And a really interesting story on ADORATION OF THE MAGI can be found at the link below.

www.buzzle.com...

The hi-def link of THE LAST SUPPER is after an extensive restoration was done in order to save the master piece from deteriorating completely. Anything I see or anyone else see's is again wide open for debate and speculation.

The fact that I see many similar "illusions" and caricature style images, letters and numbers throughout not only da Vinci's painting, sketches, etc., as I do on THE LAST SUPPER is however, I believe interesting. lol

The fact that I've found what seems like an endless number of layered images and/or illusions within the vast majority of da Vinci's drawings and sketches is to me absolutely fascinating!

The fact that it's escaped notice for over 500 years completely blows my mind!

[edit on 8-11-2007 by lajansann]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Mundane or not all artist's do it.

And alot of artishts, painters and sculptors hide images within their work.
One specific and perhaps most well known might be Picasso's THE DREAM. It's of Picasso's mistress Marie-Therese Walter. If you've never seen it here's a link and if you need help finding the image the paragraph under the painting reveals it. I'm not saying what it is. lol

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Of course, had PICASSO painted in DA VINCI's day I think he would have developed a far more complex means of hiding images. Considering mere free thinking could have proveN hazardous to one's health back then.

The hi-def image of DA VINCI'S THE LAST SUPPER is after an extensive restoration was done in order to save the master piece from completely deteriorating. So, regardless of what I or anyone else may think we see it is wide open for even more debate and controversy.

Although, the fact that I have found so many similar illusions and caricature style of similar hidden images, letters, numbers, etc. on all of DA VINCI's works of art... Is, I believe, interesting. lol

The fact that DA VINCI's paintings and drawings/sketches seem to have an endless number of "layered" images and illusions I find extremely fascinating.

The fact that they've escaped attention for over 500 years completely blows my mind!

[edit on 8-11-2007 by lajansann]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oops! Hmmm? Obviously you can tell I'm still new at this! Anyone able to send U2U could you alert an ATS forum staff member that a rookie needs clean up on this thread! The first of my last two similar replies was I thought a lost draft and needs to be deleted. Please! And please forgive my boo-boo! lol. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In hopes of keeping this thread of discussion alive and interesting, may I ask forum members to give their opinions "Fluke?" Or did da Vinci intentionally hide specific images within his works of art?

Here's a first example found in "Virgin of the Rocks" what appears as a very clear Masked face (among many other hidden items.)

www.n2davinciandbeyond.com...

Your opinion, interesting fluke? Or intentional?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
From the n2davinciandbeyond link above:

"Virgin of the Rocks" by Leonardo da Vinci. Black and white with lighting enhanced. (Below.)

I see hidden images everywhere! Does anyone else?

The next image is a reversed upside down close up of what looks to me like a Masked Face. (Below.)

And the same image shown in negative. (Below.)

Am I alone in what I'm seeing?

<< 1   >>

join