It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans might have lived alongside dinosaurs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yes, it is entirely possible. It would be ignorant to assume we have the definitive facts on things we were not there to witness. Irrespective of how rediculous it sounds. Put the arrogance away and open your mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If evolution were a fact, then we would have found uncounted numbers of examples of INTERMEDIATE species or ' in between ' links in the chain. There are none. There are no examples ever found that can be absolutley claimed as an intermediate step in the ladder..there are great leaps in the process..but never a steady climb with skeletons of the in between's readily available. There would be billions of such examples throughout every strata of the upper earth..but there are none!!

Since the alien seeding scenario is the most likley way to explain fully developed and cognizant humans ' all of a sudden ' as it were, it is entirely possible that the earth was quite inhabited by modern mankind in various configurations, existing with a reduced population of these beasts. Otherwise there could be no depictions of them, and those are CLEAR depictions not to be tossed off as some ' anomaly '.

There are footprints of man with dino's..there are objects that have been found..such as screws and such, in COAL millions of years old. It is apparent that mankind has been here in varying formats since the first aliens deposited their kind here or manipulated with aborigine DNA and such. I have NO doubts that mankind has been here in an intelligent and aware form for eons: Why would mankind, after being stupid and dull of wit and barely able to forge rudimentary tools, all of a sudden become ' enlightened ' and able to think in vastly new paradigms than previously?

What natural mechanism can be used to describe the leap of consciousness and intelligence that man took to become more than brute food gatherers/ hunters? None. The natural process is so slow that millions of years could go by before even the most simple machines could be built..right? But, the Antikathyris ( spelling? ) mechanism that was found predated any of mans abilities as far as precision instruments go..explain that!!

There are so MANY ' inexplicable anomalies ' relating to the subject, that it is worth more than a casual glance. Good post OP !!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Virtually every one of your 'known' facts in this post is a falsehood. A large number of the flood stories include a Noah figure who manages to save a few humans. See for example
www.talkorigins.org...

Dinosaurs occur in several places in the Bibles. They are called, the behemoth, leviathan and dragon.
www.clarifyingchristianity.com...

Apparently dinosaurs were known to the ancient Hebrews.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Human footprints+dinosauers have been debunked

A few individuals continue to promote the Paluxy "man tracks" or alleged human tracks in pre-Tertiary rocks from other localities, but such claims are not considered credible by either mainstream scientists or major creationist groups.

Well there you go case solved

THAT one may be - but the prints I discovered are far more detailed and accurate human specimens that those. If I could UL a pic here - I would. We're talking around 6 million years old. I could set-up an account on a pic hosting site I guess...it's just all a bit of a drag (yeah, I'm a bit lazy at times)....but if anyone's really interested...

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Please, please go read a real book somewhere with paper pages and a cover and type that doesn't move around. Find out when the dinosaurs lived, and when they died, and how we grew up from the little furry mutant lizards that were left behind. No, no, I'm afraid that even those horrible aborigines haven't been around nearly long enough to have chased, or been chased by, real-live dinosaurs.

Hmmm...and yet their cave artwork implies otherwise. Either they lived back then - or perhaps various species of dinosaur survived in Australia until fairly recently. It's one ot the other...

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
This phenomenon is widespread and it has not been debunked. Dinosaurs and man coexisted and our dating timelines are all wrong. It's just another little fact that supports the Biblical account of creation.

Actually - no - it does nothing of the sort!! Nobody here is denying that dinosaurs were around LONG before man was. Some of us are simply disputing the theory that they ALL died out 65 million years ago. And they didn't, by the way. I know...heh.
This is NOT a 'creationist' discussion. Want to talk about bunk? Creationism is pure BS. There were no big, bearded, robed guys running around 'creating' dinos millions of years ago - sorry.

J.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
reply to post by LogicalPhilosophy

Nah more likely he will pull out episodes of the flintstones and prove it that way. I really don't understand why people have such a hard time figuring out that we never lived with the dinosaurs, and that there aren't any running around that we don't know about. To be honest I have no problem considering that a Bigfoot or another exceptionally rare creature possibly exists, just dinosaurs I just can't see it.

Well - they do
Extremely rare, I admit it. But there are still very remote corners of the world where people hardly ever visit, one year to the next. And yeah - they DO exist. Honest...

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

QUOTE:'You mean it's really really sad that someone actually believes in something and doesn't buy into the status quo propaganda delivered by government controled education? Or is the problem that someone would dare to take the Bible seriously? When I start with my faith in the Bible I start from the fact that there are hundreds of fulfilled Biblical prophecies such as the rebirth of Israel and a coming world government and then I work backwards from there.'

Well, just the fact that you 'believe' everything you read in the bible makes me worry right from the start. It's the most mis-quoted, poorly understood pieces of fiction ever written...

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Actually - no - it does nothing of the sort!! Nobody here is denying that dinosaurs were around LONG before man was. Some of us are simply disputing the theory that they ALL died out 65 million years ago. And they didn't, by the way. I know...heh.

Well sure. After all a coelecanth was found and with tales of the mbeke mbele in the Congo and all the sea monster stories I don't doubt there are some dinosaur survivors.

This is NOT a 'creationist' discussion. Want to talk about bunk? Creationism is pure BS. There were no big, bearded, robed guys running around 'creating' dinos millions of years ago - sorry.

What's BS is the inane assertion that something as complicated and marvelous as a living organism just appeared by accident. It makes about as much sense as me combing the beach for pentium chips since silicon sand just might accidentally combine to give me Intel's latest and greatest. Life is far more complex than our most technologically advanced chips, yet we are asked to believe that it all happened by accident. That is truly laughable. It's just too bad that critical thinking is outlawed in public education these days.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
all the flood stories are different

only one has Noah and thats clearly based on an earlier one from Mesopotamia

this is a known fact

not the stuff you're claiming, you're on the wrong board 7

this is cryptozoology not religion, are you having problems discussing anything without showing everyone how little faith you have in your own n' once - I couldn't believe he said that. But he did...beliefs that you can't pass a single comment without referencing an outdated book from an outdated middle eastern cult religion thats been debunked more times than Dubyas ability at public speaking?

there are no Dinosaurs in the Bible. the official church line is still that fossils were created by satan to fool the unfaithful into temptation and heretical beliefs

Yep - quite correct. I actually heard a priest tell one of his 'flock' that dinosaur fossils were 'planted by Satan' once. Amazing ignorance.

J.

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Actually - I'm talking from first-hand, personal knowledge. I don't need the celeocanth

There are many good books on evolution. I'd highly reccomend a few to you if you want. It's a highly logical, scientifically verifiable process. Amazing - yes! Occult? Nah...

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

'
QUOTE:'Virtually every one of your 'known' facts in this post is a falsehood. A large number of the flood stories include a Noah figure who manages to save a few humans. See for example
www.talkorigins.org... '

Yes - but critically, you said a 'Noah figure' ie 'Noah-Like'. So, actually he was right. Plenty of flood epics (Gilgamesh anyone?) - but none of them are biblical - accept Noah. The Noah story originated in Babylon according to most historians.

J.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

QUOTE:'If evolution were a fact, then we would have found uncounted numbers of examples of INTERMEDIATE species or ' in between ' links in the chain. There are none. There are no examples ever found that can be absolutley claimed as an intermediate step in the ladder..there are great leaps in the process..but never a steady climb with skeletons of the in between's readily available. There would be billions of such examples throughout every strata of the upper earth..but there are none!!'

Actually - there ARE millions of evolutionary links - with more being found every day...

J.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

'
QUOTE:'Virtually every one of your 'known' facts in this post is a falsehood. A large number of the flood stories include a Noah figure who manages to save a few humans. See for example
www.talkorigins.org... '

Yes - but critically, you said a 'Noah figure' ie 'Noah-Like'. So, actually he was right. Plenty of flood epics (Gilgamesh anyone?) - but none of them are biblical - accept Noah. The Noah story originated in Babylon according to most historians.

J.

I'll trust the Bible version first over the other corrupted stories. Nevertheless they reveal that in all likelihood there was a flood and there were survivors who made it through in a boat.

By the way what is the Chinese symbol for boat?
The answer is that it is
vessel + 8 people = boat

How many humans were in Noah's ark? The answer is 8.
objectiveministries.org...

There is a lot of evidence like this if anyone cares to look.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Really? Please link to some if they are so prevalent. I do not believe that there are any proven links between man and ape..there should be various levels from a crude ape right up to now..but all we have are similar ape type skulls and small humanoid types but never any inbetweens. There should be many, all over the place, well prove, if in fact that was the mechanism used for advancement. But it is not.

Again, show the evidence you claim is all over the place.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Small creatures survive allot more easy than large ones. So why are no cave paintings of coelophysis or similair sized?

Also fossils are only very rarely formed. So intermediate species rarely if ever get found. What also makes it harder to find these is that intermediate species almost always only appear in quik transitional periods.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

QUOTE:'
I'll trust the Bible version first over the other corrupted stories. Nevertheless they reveal that in all likelihood there was a flood and there were survivors who made it through in a boat.'

Actually, in terms of 'uncorrupted' or 'pure', the babylonian texts are far more convincing than the bible, simply for the reason that the babylonian cuniform writings were not dechiphered until fairly recently. They had remained untouched for many thousands of years.

The bible, on the other hand, has been re-written, copied, re-edited, and pastiched over and over again for thousands of yeras.

Any good historian will tell you that when copies of ancient manuscripts were copied by scribes, inevitable mistakes were made - which were then copied a generation later, under the assumption the mistakes are part of the original text - which of course, they are not.

And that's without even going into the purposeful re-editing and omission of parts that had become 'inconvenient' politically for the church leaders of the moment....which happened many times...

Jimbo

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by jimbo999

Really? Please link to some if they are so prevalent. I do not believe that there are any proven links between man and ape..there should be various levels from a crude ape right up to now..but all we have are similar ape type skulls and small humanoid types but never any inbetweens. There should be many, all over the place, well prove, if in fact that was the mechanism used for advancement. But it is not.

Again, show the evidence you claim is all over the place.

Well, how about the neanderthal to begin with? A pretty obvious progenitor I would guess. Yes - they also lived side by side with humans - but I think there are far too many similarities between the species to warrant a seperate race all together. Sub-species perhaps... There are others of course...

Jimbo.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

People should take a quick look at this maybe...

www.youtube.com...

Jimbo

[edit on 6-11-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd like to see these "missing links" too. As far as I know, we have ape and`man...no in between.

<< 1    3 >>

join