It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

forest fires outside the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here in the USA, there is major coverage of the current forest fires in California. There were many fires in Greece this past July - August. (My youngest daughter was in Greece - Macedonia in June and had a great time. Some of the villages she visited burned down) I can remember that areas of Indonesia had major fires a few years ago.

I'm just an average American watching USA based news. Do forest fires occur in other parts of the world other than what I listed. I'd think Russia would have a problem, maybe even parts of Australia. I know about the forests being burned in the Amazon region, but this is different than what California is experiencing. I never see anything about this unless it is a large disaster.

Interested in perspectives from other than a North American point of view.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Didnt spain have a bad fire outbreak not too long ago? I cant seem to remember . I know that Australia has bad fires in the outback. They just dont get the same amount of coverage as whats happening here.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think I remember some fire in Scotland awhile back that was pretty big, but still not nearly as much coverage or as much damage as what is going on in California.

Peace

join