It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's Peter Jennings Knew The Truth About 9/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A human hand breaking a cinder block is not the same as a plane gliding into a building.

Cinder blocks and steel girders are of different materials. All a cinder block needs is one little crack and the whole thing will break.

Try breaking a a steel beam with your hand. What will happen?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CB_Brooklyn

Your hand might not go through steel, but WATER sure can.

WATER-STEEL

You get water going fast enough, it will go through steel. 900 miles and the machines can start slicing steel.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

And??? It would be nice if you could explain how that proves your point.

content from external source:
"How can water cut through steel?"
science.howstuffworks.com...
==================================
An abrasive jet can cut half-inch thick titanium at the rate of 7 inches per minute when a 30 HP pump is used. The abrasive jet moves in a manner very similar to a slowed-down pen plotter.
==================================

As you can see, a 30 HP pump can cut 7 inches of titanium in one minute. Now... how long did it take for the "plane" to glide through the steel girders? Approximately a quarter of a second.

If you had a fleet of airplanes hitting a steel building one by one, one right after the other, for seven minutes, I'm sure the wall will break through.

However, each and every plane will still receive more damage than the steel wall. Newton's Laws!!!

The 9/11 "plane" videos are fake.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

And....IF water goes through steel at a high enough speed do you think a JET PLANE WOULDN'T>>??

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

As I already said, the point is that a plane would receive more damage than the all.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB_Brooklyn
A human hand breaking a cinder block is not the same as a plane gliding into a building.

It was a comparison in materials as your supposed explanation (which were all still waiting for a real one) was based on aluminum not being as strong as steel or concrete.

Flesh and bone are not as strong as cinder blocks, yet amazingly, using your logic, this just shouldn't be possible to break the block, Newton's Law!!!

Cinder blocks and steel girders are of different materials. All a cinder block needs is one little crack and the whole thing will break.

Again, noone was comparing cinderblocks to steel, but since you think it's so easy to break one , how about solid planks of wood????

Much stronger than a human hand, and will not break with "one little crack" as you say, yet it's still possible to do so. How in the world can that be? I mean if I take the plank of wood and smack your hand with it at the same velocity, guess what, it'll break your hand! But if done correctly, and with enough velocity it's possible to not only break one plank but many! Omg, that MUST be violating Newton's Laws!!!

Try breaking a a steel beam with your hand. What will happen?

If your comprehension skills weren't already called into question, you just sealed it with that silly question.

Oh by the way, not surprisingly, you still haven't answered the question on what made the plane shaped hole, since a plane couldn't have done it.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
CB_Brooklyn can you answer me this one very simple question: If a 13 inch meshed steel wall with holes filled with glass is sufficient to prevent a 767 from penetrating a building, why do they build walls out of 10ft thick reinforced concrete to protect nuclear reactors?

I want you to answer that question directly, not with another question, just a plain straight forward answer. Kids with a primary school level of science can answer the question, so it should be easy for you. If you can't answer that question then it's clear you have no interest in the truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Solid and hollow materials react differently when impacting an object.

A solid human bone hitting a brittle cinder block head on could create enough force to crack the block.

A hollow aluminum tube hitting steel girders at an angle is going to crush, not glide in as if it were traveling through the air.

Now... did you actually need me to explain that to you?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by monoclear

I wonder if you know the answer to that question.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by monoclear
I want you to answer that question directly, not with another question, just a plain straight forward answer. Kids with a primary school level of science can answer the question, so it should be easy for you. If you can't answer that question then it's clear you have no interest in the truth.

I wonder if you know the answer to that question.

I see that you did the exact opposite of what I asked. Yes I can answer the question, I was asking you. Clearly you can't answer the question and have absolutely no interest in intelligent debate or the truth, you are a troll and as such I am reporting you to the mods, not that I expect them to respond but it's worth a try.

I suggest nobody reply to CB_Brooklin any further untill he answers directly the basic questions that have been proposed to him by many posters. He is clearly uninterested in the truth and is flat out denial of basic facts and reality will just keep us in a perpetual loop of aimless bickering. If the forum moderators aren't willing to deal with such behaviour the best thing we can do is not feed the troll.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
1. Have you ever actually hit one of those "brittle" cinder blocks? "One little crack" isn't something that comes easily, and it can only be done because the laws of physics are almost the polar opposite of what you believe them to be.

2. The bones in the human hand are some of the thinnest in the body, and there are 27 of them attached together by nothing but skin and ligaments. Breaking or dislocating those bones can be done with almost no effort at all.

3. Bones are not solid, they are filled with porous trabecular bone tissue which allows room for marrow and blood vessels.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Let's please remember folks to avoid one-liners that inhibit the flow of the thread, and to not make this a point of discussing members themselves, but going after the ideas instead.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB_BrooklynA solid human bone hitting a brittle cinder block head on could create enough force to crack the block.

Human bones are not solid. Many are hollow and contain marrow. I have also see objects with an edge cut things that you would not think possible, all due to angles and force.

A samurai sword can cut steel. Even harder steel then the sword. I've seen it. It depends on the angle and the force applied. Focus on the steel and it would probably break. Focus "past" the steel and you're starting to learn the secrets of the master swordsmen.

And how about dropping the sarcasm and the holier-than-thou attitude? There's no need to try and force your point. Truth should be good enough. And science.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

A hollow aluminum tube hitting steel girders at an angle is going to crush, not glide in as if it were traveling through the air.

From someone who actually knows what "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" means.

If you have a plane travelling at 500 mph, that is 804.67kph. This translates to 223m per second.

We'll say as an approximation the engines alone weighed 7294 lbs. This is 3308kg. So in order to 'crumple' against the side, I suppose your Steel columns will need to withstand it stopping in about 50 cm, maybe a metre, because otherwise I doubt it would manage to not be cut.

So to work out the acceleration:

2as = v^2 - u^2
rearranged to (u = 0 in your hypothesis)
a= (v^2)/(2s)

so that would give (223^2)/(2 x 1) = 24,864.5 m/s/s.

Or as a force F = ma
F = 82.25 MN. (yes this is on the engine too, but in order for it to be on the engine, the column must withstand it too.)

At the same time it must absorb the energy, so
K.E. = 0.5 x mv^2
=82.25 MJ.

I suppose we need to know the momentum as well, since that must be transferred too.
3308 x 223 = 737,684 kgm/s.

If you know of steel that can withstand such forces perpendicular to the normal load, please share it with us.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

You are dodging the main points. Cinder blocks can be broken a lot easier than steel bars. Cinder blocks are brittle. Steel bars are not. Aluminum airplanes CRUSH, they don't GLIDE into steel bars.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

And how about dropping the sarcasm and the holier-than-thou attitude? There's no need to try and force your point. Truth should be good enough. And science.

I would ask that you read the posts that I have replied to and apply your statement to them as well. I am one person, receiving snide remarks from many people, and am answering them using Laws of Physics. I find it revealing it fact, that they need to get an administrator involved. It must mean that I'm winning and they're just trying to shut me up :-)

A sword breaking a block is not the same as a hollow aluminum tube effortlessly penetrating steel girders and concrete slabs at an angle, and disintegrating into nothing.

Swords, airplanes, cinder blocks, and steel bars are all different materials.

Is a human bone going to slice through a steel bar? No. The hand will crush.

Is a human bone going to slice through a cinder block? No. The block will break before the hand gets crushed.

Is an aluminum tube, with wings and a tail, going to glide into multiple steel girders and concrete slabs at an angle. No. The tube will crush and turn, the fuel filled wings will explode on impact, and the tail will snap off.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
If you know of steel that can withstand such forces perpendicular to the normal load, please share it with us.

I never said the steel wouldn't be damaged, but did say the aluminum plane would receive more damage than the steel.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The forces on the plane and steel are equal. If the steel is damaged, the plane would definitely be damaged more.

The faster the plane goes, the more momentum it has. But it still needs to obey Newton's Laws.

Commercial airliners are made of lightweight aluminum alloy.

Last time I was on an airplane, I looked out at the wings and noticed how they move up and down in the wind. It's amazing the air itself doesn't snap them off. Imagine what steel girders and concrete slabs would do!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I never said the steel wouldn't be damaged, but did say the aluminum plane would receive more damage than the steel.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The forces on the plane and steel are equal. If the steel is damaged, the plane would definitely be damaged more.

Which says nothing about the ability of the aircraft to penetrate the building, just how much damage it receives whilst doing so.

Consider that there are structural spars going the length of the aircraft, and in the wing there are also parts to maintain the wing shape as well, to keep the camber of it.

Commercial airliners are made of lightweight aluminum alloy.

Yes, and they are made of aluminium alloy so they are as strong as possible for minimum weight, which ultimately means they are quite strong.

Last time I was on an airplane, I looked out at the wings and noticed how they move up and down in the wind. It's amazing the air itself doesn't snap them off. Imagine what steel girders and concrete slabs would do!

the wings are pretty strong, and personally I don't find it amazing that they stay on, they fly through transonic airflow all the time when they cruise, there is a lot of strength in them to withstand the forces of air drag. Also they bend a lot vertically, but it would be difficult to make them bend a lot horizontally. They are designed for that in order to work.

And in your reply to ZeddicusZulZorander

Is an aluminum tube, with wings and a tail, going to glide into multiple steel girders and concrete slabs at an angle. No. The tube will crush and turn, the fuel filled wings will explode on impact, and the tail will snap off.

The tube does not crush and turn since both it and the wall are more or less symmetrical on most axis, hence there is no rotational moment on impact to do such a thing, and so there is no rotation of it. it will crush, but not without doing damage to and fracturing what it impacts.
The wings do get torn apart, but there is still a lot of energy and strength in them as I described earlier in this post to withstand forces on them from the front. And yes they do explode then as well, but since the fuel is moving it does so in the building.
And if there is no bending going on, the tail won't snap off, and since all the area in front of it is now taken out or at least damaged, it can go in. Also, though it does not make a "cut out" of itself, it likely rotated downwards. Consider, if we assume most of the structure below the vertical stabilizer is destroyed, it mill have a Center of Mass roughly a third up its height. The force on it from the wall however, is distributed along its height, approximating to it all pushing it backwards above the CofM, giving a downwards rotation and pushing it downwards, but since it still has forward movement it goes into the hole a bit more, and also it would be destroyed by the wall since it would already be a bit slower and with little mass behind it.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by apex]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I guess he did know the truth, thats why they gave him lung cancer. They needed to silence him. I can read the headlines now. Bush killed Jennings with lung cancer. Everyone blames bush, why not link the cancer to him too???

I know I sound foolish, but so does the thread.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hey CB.....know what an alloy is? An alloy is a homogeneous hybrid of two or more elements, at least one of which is a metal, and where the resulting material has metallic properties. The resulting metallic substance usually has different properties (sometimes substantially different) from those of its components.

This gives that light weight aluminum steel like qualities while still remaining light weight. Don't argue things you don't know!

DAM

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join