It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Politics" of Racism -- The Scourge of our Society??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Before I submit you to yet another of my musings, I will give you a bit of information so you know where I stand.

Am I a racist? In a way, yes, and so are you.
Do I hate black people? No
Do I hate violent and STUPID black people? Yes
Do I hate violent and stupid white people? Yes
Would I date a black woman? No, I wouldn't, they don't suit my tastes.
Do I care if a member of my family does? Nope and they have. I couldn't care less.
Am I for or against affirmative action? AGAINST!!
Do I use the "n-word"? Yep, sure do. When it fits at least. But, I find myself using "white trash" much more often.
Would I vote for a black president? In a heartbeat if he fit the bill.
Am I scared of black people? No more than white people.
Who is more racist? Blacks or whites? Black people, hands down.
Do I think racism is a problem? Nope.
Why not? I'm about to tell you.

A very short time in the past, black people were treated as less than human in the United States. They were submitted to such b.s. as having to use different restrooms, different drinking fountains and were relegated to the backs of public buses. Was it right? Hell no, of course it wasn't.

However, as the result of the hard work (and in some cases death) of many good black AND white people, those times are now behind us, where they should be.

Yet, there is hardly a week that goes by where the subject of racism isn't brought into an issue. Whether it's some lying slut (sorry mods, but that's what she was) accusing some college boys of something they didn't do or whether it's a situation of a confessed murderer begging for a stay of execution, it seems inevitable that the word "racist" will come into the game.

Why is that? Is it because it's true? Is it because Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton care about said people involved in the issues? NO! It's because racism is the thing that select few individuals use, in a political fashion, to keep themselves in the public eye and to make a few bucks.

Over the decades, people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan have gone above and beyond to make sure that racism REMAINS an issue in the hearts of minds of ALL black people and any white person they can make feel bad for the deeds of their ancestors for nothing more than to line their pockets and keep themselves in the spotlight. Racism is the ONLY claim to fame and fortune that these people have and they are seemingly willing to do almost ANYTHING they can to make sure people REMAIN racist.

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to jump to the defense of ANY black person that happens to fall into the spotlight even BEFORE anything is proven? Take the case of the hooker/stripper who accused the lacrosse players of rape. They jumped on that case with a vengeance and basically called for a lynch mob for "dem boys" before ANYTHING was ever even remotely proven. Did they care? No, of course they didn't. They were in it for the spotlight, not for the "poor black woman". And, as usual, as soon as it was PROVEN the stripper/hooker was lying out of her butt, and the light became negative, they dropped her like a bad habit. Naturally, they never spoke out or apologized for trying to make sure those white boys were strung up for something they didn't do. Do you think they would have cared if she was accusing 4 black guys of her rape? OF COURSE NOT! If that were the case, it wouldn't even have made the news. It happens all the time now and barely makes the local paper. This case, as sad as it may be, is nothing but one of the more recent in a long stream of VERY similar circumstances.

As I have told you all before, I have been to just about every state in the union for an extended period of time. With the exception of the northern United States, where I saw almost 0 black people, I have NEVER seen a single example of blatant discrimination against a black person SIMPLY BECAUSE they were a black person. Now, I HAVE INDEED witnessed black people being followed around a store and run off, but it wasn't because they were black, it was because they had gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to look thuggish. They acted ignorant and LOOKED ignorant AND violent. As I'm sure you have heard before, appearance is EVERYTHING.

REAL racism is a non issue for everyone EXCEPT black people these days. If you don't believe that, just watch ANY black comedian. The sad thing is, it's not an issue because we are still living in the 60's, it's an issue because keeping it an issue has become another political leverage for some of the more pitiful members of this country.

Now, before you misunderstand me, I'm not saying it's ONLY the few black guys I mentioned earlier....OH NO, it's white people too. Take Hilary Clinton for example, I'm sure most of you have heard about her little episode down south where she did her best "black voice" in order to "appeal" to the black voters. Why would she do that? Because, as sad as it is, some black people have become so brainwashed by the politics of racism that garbage like she spewed actually WORKS. She might as well have compared herself to Kunta Kinte, that's how much of a slap in the face that it was, even if that slap in the face went unnoticed.

Racism IS very real. However, it has become less of a social issue these days than a political issue. It has become little more than a tool that is used by some to further themselves and their agenda or simply to get your vote.

In a way, this is a good thing. Why? Because racism HAS become so little of a social issue. We no longer have to live in a time of forced segregation and that's just fine by me. But, at the same time, it's a HORRIBLE thing because it is constantly being thrust upon the black race as an issue they SHOULD care about. Instead of letting everyone move on from that horrible time in ALL of our past, it is being used to keep black people angry and to remind them almost daily of how bad they WERE treated. Naturally, the black race (or the white race for that matter) shouldn't FORGET that time because, as they say, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. However, it's time to HEAL from the past and you can NEVER heal if you keep prying the scab from the wound.

Who are the most racist people in this country? People like Jesse Jackson and Hillary Clinton! The people that won't let the wound heal because keeping it open helps THEM personally; Those are the most racist people in this country.

CONTINUED:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My question for you, I suppose, would be; Do you want to spend the rest of time chasing a ghost that's best left in the past?

Have any of you, the black members of ATS, been spit on recently for being black? Are you looked at with disgust by white people everytime you go to the Wal-mart? Are crosses being burned in your front yard? Are you allowed at the front of the bus? Do you still get called "boy" on a daily basis? Are you viewed (honestly) as a second class citizen ONLY because of the color of your skin? (this doesn't apply to you if you walk around talking trash, grabbing your crotch constantly and wear ugly clothes 4 sizes to big) Do you have to drink from a seperate drinking fountain than me? Do you have to live in constant fear of a "lynch mob"?

NO, you don't! And that is a VERY good thing. Let it remain a good thing and try to make an even BETTER thing out of it.

Let people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Hillary Clinton get NOWHERE with their love of racism. You have all the opportunity that I have, and you SHOULD have it. Just make sure you don't squander it because you THINK you still have a battle to fight.

Also, for those of you that do this on a constant basis, try eliminating the word "'n-word'" from your vocabulary. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why in the world any group of people that supposedly hate a word so bad would use it on a constant basis toward each other.

In my opinion, we would ALL be a lot better off if we'd let the political tool that is racism become a COMPLETELY ineffective one.

That's just my 2 pennies.
Jasn

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
My question for you, I suppose, would be; Do you want to spend the rest of time chasing a ghost that's best left in the past?

nope not me

Have any of you, the black members of ATS, been spit on recently for being black? Are you looked at with disgust by white people everytime you go to the Wal-mart? Are crosses being burned in your front yard?

i'm not black but live in the south and i have personnally witnessed this from friends and strangers alike. (yes, it still happens in mississippi)

Do you still get called "boy" on a daily basis? Are you viewed (honestly) as a second class citizen ONLY because of the color of your skin?

seen it happen...all the time

Do you have to live in constant fear of a "lynch mob"?

i wonder how the jenna six would answer this one????

NO, you don't!

maybe where you live they don't, and it is a good thing, lets hope it spreads further south.

You have all the opportunity that I have

if you are a white man then in the south...they, the blacks, don't sir.(with all due respect)

That's just my 2 pennies.
Jasn

more than 2 jasn, this is an excellent thread and well deserving of the star and flag i gave it.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Do you have to live in constant fear of a "lynch mob"?

i wonder how the jenna six would answer this one????

You mean the mob of 6 guys that kept kicking a kid of another race even after they had rendered him unconcious? Maybe their victim might be in fear being lynched now..

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

Whoa there Icy, watch those warns buddy. I like reading your musings and would hate to see the ban stick come down on you.

That being said, I live ALMOST as far south as you can get and racism is a dead issue here. As a matter of fact, it's a dead issue almost EVERYWHERE I have been. (Even Mississippi haha, I find a nice mixture of blacks, whites and asians around Gautier, Ocean Springs and Gulfport. They also get along pretty well.)

Naturally, there ARE idiots in this world who still feel they need to string some black guy up. However, they are few and far between these days.

Racism as a "problem" is a dead issue this day in age. Sure, it goes on (as I said at the BEGINNING of my post) and that's all good and fine. Why? Because it's NATURAL!

What black and white people both need to realize is, for every crazy white guy out there with his rope in the back of his pickup looking for trouble, there is a crazy black guy with his arsenal in the back of his 72 Impalla on the 22's and the god awful caramel paint job with lambo doors looking for the same trouble.

It's no longer about racism but simply stupidity.

That white guy is MORE likely to kill someone of his own race to fill his need for trouble just like the black guy is more likely to kill someone of his own race for the same reasons.

and once again, be careful about the warns, I like havin ya around.

Jasn

new topics

top topics

join