It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this site is so badly laid out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
No its not. It's a typical forum if you've never been to one before. There are some issues in the member center/ favorites/ my profile that I think should be grouped together better. However the overall functionality of the forum is A.O.K.

At the very least it isn't POORLY laid out (lol). It's really not bad at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks, never saw the X, LOL. But when you do as I explain in my post going to site home, then clicking on one of the forums on the left side, it does not bring you to this screen. That is my usual way a starting a thread.

It brings me to this screen, the forum overview, which has no "new thread button". www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's just something I've noticed that isn't the most intuitive.

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

Originally posted by pavil

One thing I do find rather odd is that when you go to site home, then click on a forum, there is no "start a new topic" at the top of the forum pages like I would expect. I almost always end up opening up an existing thread and started the new one from there.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

And speaking of Avatars yours is freaking awesome!!

Mine is due for a change I feel!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

But when you do as I explain in my post going to site home, then clicking on one of the forums on the left side, it does not bring you to this screen. That is my usual way a starting a thread.
It brings me to this screen, the forum overview, which has no "new thread button". www.abovetopsecret.com...

At the risk of further derailing a thread that careered off the tracks a dozen posts ago . . . I never go the the site home page. There are three links in my bookmarks. One is the board homepage, one is myATS, and last is the Recent Posts page. All you will ever need!
If you still insist on going to the site homepage for whatever reason, well then it's your bad luck that there isn't a post new topic button. Maybe you should submit a suggestion that a link be inserted.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
is it possible his avatar complaint about faces and such is all the new "remember remember the 5th of november" avatars?

the ones with the french looking guy fawkes mask on it??/

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikmono
last but not least, the animated avatars the moderators have enrage me. not only are they all pulling faces that a 5 year old would find imature but they look over 100 years old!!!

I'm confused, what the hell does that mean?

No really, can someone interpret?

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Dr Love: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, I dunno where this guy is coming from either. They all look at least 105 in those pics.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, I may be the one that has the age prize. My avatar is about 14,000 years old.
:

To the OP, don't just gripe, send a suggestion for improvement. In case you haven't found that clickable link, all I can say is good luck!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Dr Love: files.abovetopsecret.com...

SkepticOverlord doesn't look a day over 99 if you ask me!

Certainly nothing to be "enraged" about.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rikmono

I tried to add and avatar pic and even after reading the faq'sfailed, it says "go to members centre" but theres no button on any page i can find that says members centre!!!!

There is the possibility that you have U2U's that are waiting to be read. The Member Center button changes to a red U2U button when this happens.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have to disagree as a new member i found it to be layed out just fine

maybe your getting the layout confused with its size i know thats what confused me, you dont know where to look first and then, just when you think your there you find BTS and i havent even been to AP yet...but politics can be boreing not half as exciteing as UFOS,Aliens,Reptiles,BigFoots,Skull 'n' Bones,illuinatti,freemasons,knights of old,,secret bases,NWO,CIA.FBI.FEMMA,HARRP,MI5,MI6,MFI,Rothchilds,Rosechilds,Rockerfellas,Goodfellas,Badfellas,Red flags,Green flags,Go flags,Stop flags,

STOP im getting dizzy ............maybe polictics aint such a bad idea after all .hmm

EDIT: For speeling Dizzy

[edit on 12-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It must be my background, Avatars load it to a host site, or load here on ATS your choice.

45 Second Avatar

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Does my avatar actually enrage you?

Id say no if i was you he looks a bit of a big dude and has obveously got something to hide(that beard and eye patch dont fool me pal) he could be ex CIA license to kill

id say "nah yours is cool"

lol

EDIT: because i suck at trying to do qoutes....Grrr

[edit on 12-10-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

dude i love your avatar

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

LOOK! It's the second line!!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Haibane 4 Teh Win!!1!1!!

last but not least, the animated avatars the moderators have enrage me. not only are they all pulling faces that a 5 year old would find imature but they look over 100 years old!!!
amazing what sum peeps consider cool!!!!

Please tell me you're not talking about Rakka!

Even figuring in the effects of "crossing over", she can't be a day over 90.

As for the site layout, yes, it can be somewhat overwhelming at first, but if you can find a better way to organize over 3 million posts in roughly 300,000 threads, I'm sure the Overlord* would be interested.

*The Overlord, on the other hand, is probably well past 100 by now.

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
but if you can find a better way to organize over 3 million posts in roughly 300,000 threads, I'm sure the Overlord would be interested.

If you'll write me a check for a few million, I'll find a way...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I guess some people prefer the standard Invision layout, XMB, etc that you find on 1 million plus other website.

The issue, however is, we are not them. ATS is not run-of-the-mill anything. Not the members, not the staff, certainly not the layout.

If one is looking for "more of the same" I can safely say ATS is not the proper destination for that person.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The layout isn't so bad, considering what it's trying to do. It's relatively easy to access the forums that interest you without having to deal with all of them at once. The abundant special features are also relatively easy to access. And it's simple enough to simply make bookmarks to get into the site where you want without having to go through the main page. I don't see a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I like the layout. I don't really like the ATS logo with the red ATS letters. I like the black one.

And also, I don't really understand the point of AbovePolitics. I don't get why those topics couldn't be incorporated into ATS.

But aside from that - it's the best message board I've ever been on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join