It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a waste of time...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ignorant.....uneducated, unaware

I think you are unaware of anyone but yourself and your own selfish belief system.
thats my own special definition.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smith
Regarding my views, I am a Communist who believes that communism would be the perfect way a society should live in, and will try anything to turn the United States into a communist society, if I ever get the chance.

I understand, to some degree anyway, your views toward Communism being the perfect way a society should be. Of course that is of course in terms of the "Ideal" form of Communism and it's philosophy. You do realize that it's Philisophical Ideals are one thing and the Reality of it Working in it's intended form is another. Communism in it's true form is also not something that is done by forcing it into being.

Your government spends a very big amount of money on space exploration. Money that can be used for medicine purposes, not that I care about anybody or their health, but I'm just stating what could be a better use.

That kind of thinking right there basically would make you into the WORST Communist possible. That or it makes you the perfect example of a Dictator of a Corrupt Communistic Society and the reason why Communism in Reality has yet to work successfully or as it was intended.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If you don't care, then why do you care?

Move to China then pal......

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Oh wait....
Isn't China advancing it's space program too?
Whats their spending ratio on space -vs- medicine?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"Some leaders build themselves palaces, some sponsor terrorists, or spread it among their closest associates. How dare we expand our knowledge of science and explore our universe which may hold the key to our own existance and relevance."

well said.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It's amusing indeed how your "government" spends billions for space exploration, instead of trying to find the cure for aids or cancer.

I'm also pretty sure that my fellow ATS posters will be glad if extraterrestrial bacteria is found on mars. It will give them hope that the abduction lies they have been believing their whole life might still have some truth in them.

the cure for cancer may lay in the stars. not to mention that zero gravity is a good place for research

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It's amusing indeed how your "government" spends billions for space exploration, instead of trying to find the cure for aids or cancer.

I'm also pretty sure that my fellow ATS posters will be glad if extraterrestrial bacteria is found on mars. It will give them hope that the abduction lies they have been believing their whole life might still have some truth in them.

and what would you want the money usde for? giving it to lazy commies like your self?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
better yet, Smith...if our government is wasting billions on a space program, what is YOUR government wasting their money on? are they actively looking for a cure for cancer, or AIDs? are they spending billions on it?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You should take your views and opinions to a communist country- and cease bashing the wonderful country that is taking care of you at this time.
Or better yet, find a deserted island, and start your own commie country.
I despise people who live here in the US and talk as you do. You really should leave, you know.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

A cure, especially for AIDS, was probably created at the time that the disease was created.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"It's amusing indeed how your "government" spends billions for space exploration, instead of trying to find the cure for aids or cancer."

does anyone know how much the US has spent on medical research?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You're a communist?

You are aware that the only thing stopping communism from succeeding is human anture. And human nature is what you're complaining about in this thread. So how in the world do you think that our government would be "good" at being communist?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
First heres a good start

The Bush Administration has requested $2 billion for FY 2004 to fund bilateral and multilateral efforts in the fight against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, which is a 30% increase over FY03 ($1.6 billion), a 73% increase over FY02 ($1.1 billion), and a 143% increase over FY01 ($840 million).

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.heartland.org...

As of 2000, defense spending in the US was 3.3% of GDP. That's hardly 'spending so much money on war".

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
TrickmastertricK, whats the image of hitlers doppleganger for?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
medical research has about 4 times the amount of budget then what NASA has, and that doesnt even include co-op research projects or party funded grants. People forget that medical research is mainly done from the private sector with out goverment funding, so it doesnt really matter if the goverment gives more or less funding, it just means university students and professors get more or less lazyboyz and tacobell.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"It's amusing indeed how your "government" spends billions for space exploration, instead of trying to find the cure for aids or cancer."

does anyone know how much the US has spent on medical research?

I'm sure it's a number with many many zero's behind it. After all the Gov. is tied to all forms of Medical Research, Medical Schools, Production and Distribution of Medicine, Health Care for Poor, Veterans, Children, etc. and so on and so forth.

However, that doesn't mean that all that spending and research and breakthru discoveries go public either. Not to mention that a lot of that spending goes into Military Bio-Chemical Warfare and Man Made Viruses, Genetic "Frankenstien" Experimentation, National Security "What if Scenario" possibility tests, Population Management (Great PC wording on that one!) and things of that nature too.

Some people may not want to believe it, because of fear or denial or whatever but there is truth in the statement "There is NO profit in the Cure. The profit is in the Treatment." Take a few minutes and really think of what that statement means and the impact it has within a "Capitalist Society".

What was the last "Big Name" killer they've cured? Polio or something like that? Everything else seems to be beyond current medical science as far as a Cure. However, almost everything has a Treatment that allows you to Live with Your Disease for some various amount of time. That is as long as you can afford to BUY your Medication(s)...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Does this thread hold any merit of validity to the extent that it needs to remain in the Space 2015 forum?
Would it not be better suited for Chit-Chat or beyond?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Does this thread hold any merit of validity to the extent that it needs to remain in the Space 2015 forum?
Would it not be better suited for Chit-Chat or beyond?

regards
seekerof

Chit-Chat-- then let them decide what to do

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
TrickmastertricK, whats the image of hitlers doppleganger for?

My view on communism and dictatorship.
Let sleeping dogs lie

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join