It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Seen Streaking Across The Moon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

Actually, right now I am taking a computer class for the artist and photoshop is one of the programs we are learning how to use. I admit it, what omnicron is saying is absolutely true. The basic animation effects are not only feasible, they are not that difficult to reproduce using the moon as a background. Getting the moon to move believably in accordance to the video would be harder than making a dark object dart across the surface. By no means does this prove ANYTHING, but it is possible, and in my opinion it is always wise to allow for the possibility of such a fraud occurring.

If anyone could point out to me a way to capture an individual frame, I could easily point out the anomaly on 1:11 on that second video that would not be something that someone with photoshop would duplicate, as it is far too obscure for the effort required, and no one would be looking there in the first place. It is not definitive proof of anything either, but is something to think about.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Hi GideonHM!

Open your imaging software.

Make a new document the same size as your display settings.

Stop the video on the frame you want, set it to display full screen.

Hit the "print screen" key, that'll copy a screen shot to the clipboard.

Return to your imaging software, and paste.

Edit to the part of the image in question, making sure the size will fit in the thread.

Upload to your image host, like photobucket, and copy and paste the [img] code in your post.

Um...sorry if that was more than you needed...I used to teach a variety of imaging softwares.

Looking forward to your post!

Actually, now that I reviewed your post, and seeing as how you're just now learning Photoshop, do feel free to let me know if if I didn't give you enough information, u2u me if you like!

[edit on 11-10-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Thanks for the help, but I can't figure out how to get the video file from youtube in the first place, as nothing seems to work. I am able to zoom in on youtube and the spot becomes obvious, but on youtube the counter is 2:21. Any further input would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Sorry, I was fixing dinner.

Actually, you can just capture the frame from your browser, using the method I described earlier, IF you can get the youtube video player to stop at the frame you want.

The video downloader link I sent in the u2u is for Firefox, oops!

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Something in the shadow is definitely off. The shadow doesn't correspond
to the moon 'form turning' or phase.

In fact I don't think this guy is using a 3d program at all to render the shadow.
I think he's just using an object (both shadow and ufo) with alpha channel on a compositing software (like AE) and keyframed it.

It's definitely a fake without a doubt.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
in the second vid, it kind of looks like an comet or a asteroid, or some piece of rock hovering over the moon.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Ok, omni, so you're the imaging whiz kid!! As I mentioned earlier, why don't you make a vid and post it here? That'll bridge the gap between theory and practice!
As the saying goes, it's easier said than done!

Now, seriously, I still haven't got a reply from the author of that vid, regarding the details of when how and where it was taken. He probably won't respond if it's fake! He hasn't so far. Which means.....?

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Look. I'm kinda busy right now. I have a dead line to make. If you don't believe, then that's fine.

If you meet some one with at least a year of computer animation experience ask about this. When I read people comment's in this forum they say that cg animation is for the 'whiz kids only, that's not true at all. It only takes hard work and the willing to learn. You can try it for yourself.
Read tutorials. Read cg forums. Ask other cg people in other forums. This is nothing compared to the real cool stuff.

Also didn't you read by previous post? The direction of the shadow of the ufo DOES NOT correspond to the shadow of the moon phase.

That alone can prove beyond reasonable doubt that this particular video is fake.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sorry I have been taking so long to get the stillshot of the second video, but once my wireless connection decides to not interrupt my dling, I will have it converted and put up on the thread. What a pain!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't think the shadow matches, either way you look at it.

Whether the dark or light smudge is the shadow or the shadow caster, the angle looks wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think that its definitely for real manly because of a few things.

1 The craft or object isn't actually traveling across the planet. If you study the shadow transparency, sharpness and direction of light it actually conforms to the surface of the planet.

2 The shadow dictates are clear projection line of about -45 degrees relative to the surface of the planet. Also as the craft is a dark color the light glint that would usually appear on the wester side of the craft is barely visible.

The shadow does in-fact not only follow the curvature of the planet including direction but also conforms to the various canyons and mountains formed on the planet. As the craft exits the screen the shadow reduces in transparency and fades to black which is exactly how light at that angle would act on any object moving away from a light source at that direction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join