It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Abuse Epidemic RISE getting bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) said 29% of the web pages reported to it last year showed children being raped or youngsters forced to suffer sadism or bestiality.

The IWF, which is funded by the telecommunications industry, also showed the number of reports of child sex images on the internet was up 34% overall to just under 32,000.

Of those, the group found 10,656 web pages across 3,077 sites contained illegal child abuse content, while nearly 60% of all commercial child abuse websites now sell child rape images.

For the first time, it revealed that more than nine out of 10 victims in the vile images reported by the public appeared to be under 12 years of age, and 80% were female.

The figures appeared to show the severity of online child abuse content is increasing.

IWF chief executive Peter Robbins said: "Sadly, we have to report new trends regarding the young age of the child victims in the images we assess and the dreadful severity of abuse they are suffering."

He added: "The UK has virtually eradicated the hosting of potentially illegal online child abuse content within its virtual borders."

More than 80% of child sex abuse sites are hosted in the US and Russia, up from 67% last year.

Add their IP addresses to a global database of people banned from the web and use them to feed hungry crocidiles

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Maybe people are more interested in reporting those sites than before, in the same way that crime rates do not increase when the people see the police as friends, what increases is the rate of the cases reported to the police.

I hope this is the case, because it would not show an increase of those sites, just an increase of sites reported, but the truth is probably a mix of both, more cases and more cases reported.

What I do not understand is how do those people find those sites, is it really that easy?

I use the Internet since January 1996 and I never stumbled on a site like that.

PS: and why do the Google Ads suggested these two sites when I opened the page? Do they know something we don't know?

new topics

join