It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar site security and 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know how the chain of command concerning security at US radar sites works. By this I mean at what level do the orders for security get issued and what are the standard procedures?

Some background:

In the rural area (SE Texas) where I live is a radar site. I believe it is of the type known as an ARSR-4, an air route surveillance radar. I drive near this site quite often as I live about 10 miles from it. Never see any activity. In fact, the entrance is not obvious. It is not marked, looks like a plain ranch gate, and the road passes through a nearby ranch. I have talked to people who have been near the sight and on the road who have not seen guards at those times.

A person who travels that area on a daily basis told me that on 9-11, armed military personnel were stationed at the gate to the site. It would appear that there was concern about the site's security.

The question:

Were all of these US sites guarded on 9-11? Would this action automatically be triggered by the events of that day? Seems that it wouldn't have been for appearance alone as I believe no one out here (just a few country type folks) would have paid much attention or would later wonder why it was or wasn't guarded. Of course I am thinking about it but only because this forum has may me think along these lines.

What level of the government or military would handle the orders for this security action? Does it say anything about validity of terrorism on 9-11. It would appear that someone thought there might a threat due to the events of the day but I wonder if it is just a procedure in place or did it require specific orders.

Here is a link to a picture of the site.

[edit on 10/4/2007 by roadgravel]

[edit on 10/4/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
In the rural area (SE Texas) where I live is a radar site. I believe it is of the type known as an ARSR-4, an air route surveillance radar.

The ARSR-4 was part of a joint program through the FAA and Air Force providing air defense and air traffic control for the continental United States.

As far as security it just could been a normal reaction to things going on that day, it would have had to come down a higher chain of command.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1
Would this higher chain possibly been 'in the dark' if the attack was from inside the military or known to them?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Would this higher chain possibly been 'in the dark' if the attack was from inside the military or known to them?

Not really as stated it could have been just a normal response to the things going on that day. It would not have had to come from that high up unless they were going to be on high alert for an extended period of time or were going to lock the area down completely.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
roadgravel, did the person state whether or not the guards were there before or after the attacks? How long do they stay?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870
I can check into it. They were there after the morning's events but I don't know about the before. I can speak with this person the beginning of next week and get more details about the before. There is the chance they didn't pass early enough to know the before but I can likely find out whether there on the second day. This person didn't mention the 10th but I'll check that also. The conversation gave me the impression they were there only on 9-11 and may be after.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It looks like this event is difficult to put into perspective with the events of that day.

I spoke to the original person again recently. As far as this person knows the guards were there only on 9-11. They were not seen at the road gate on the day before or day after.

It is possible security may have been at the site as the base of the tower cannot be seen clearly from the road. If there was a real concern one might expect a presence at the gate again but that just a hunch. Someone else more familiar with these operations might know.

top topics

join