It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 truthers respond to Bill Maher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Did you guys see Bill Maher blasting 9/11 truth in his "New rules" segment?

This video is pretty funny. It's a nice rebuttal to bill maher's asinine comments. Ha ha ha ha! Nice!!

Google Video Link

And Digg it too;
digg.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
for some reason i thought bill would have the 9/11 truth movements back.. i guess i was wrong, i usually like bill but i did not appreciate these comments

i liked the video though and yes, the rebuttal was good.

nice video, starred and flagged

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Shocking to see Bill Maher sell out like Pen-n-Teller.. Bill Maher was one of the guys I use to know as someone who stood up aginst the very thing he is defending now.. Im lost for words really.. Thanks for sharing that video..
Bill Maher is nothing more than a little suck up.. He knows his job in on the line here.. IF he says anything other than what he said.. He thinks he might end up like the Dixie Chicks..

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
awesome vid , lol, bill maher is great and i agree with mostly everything he says, except for the fact that he doens't think 911 was inside job, i mean com'on, theres so much evidence. He inst lucky enough to have the inside sources we got here at ATS lol. Hopefully he changes his mind on this soon, someone has to get him to watch loosechange or zeitgeist or one of those great vids that expose 911. I wanna run up to his house and force him to watch it.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Bill Maher i hate to say it is probably a left gatekeeper. I think he is cut from the same cloth as Colbert, jon stewert, olberman.

They discuss partisan issues without actually getting to the real news. Ya know typical "look bush is saying something stupid" shtik. Nothing serious just fluff.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
whats the big deal? Mahers show is about OPINION. Obviously he doesn't agree with yours... BIG DEAL...

man people its a TV show; not a freakin' college lecture.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I love it, I like to congratulate the person that posted this link. What a great video it was to watch.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
it's about time. I've been a fan of Maher since forever, but over the years I really started noticing things I disliked about his stance. He is the perfect example of a "left winger," in that he automatically jumps on just about any "leftist" topic there is, and just goes with the flow.

WHen it comes to 9/11 his outright insults to truthers, or anyone that questions the official story just sicken me.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Watched the video. It couldn't be much more lame or childish. I don't like Bill Mahr but it is funny to watch the liberals turn on him the minute he says something that doesn't promote their cause.
You must really hate Dennis Miller.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
this is a sign of who is running things, very desperate rich control freaks who have schemed soo much, they must weave web over web of lies and mockery of truth. The leaders of the free world are in my view tyrants, the leaders of corporations are merely bottom feeders sucking dry the soil below them of all nutrients. May they soon fade.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here we go. Just because he doesn't take to a particular ideal doesn't mean he's necessarily "in on it." He has a lot of good things to say about politics and religion. It doesn't make sense to "give up" on him because he's not a "truther." He's a man and he is entitled to his own beliefs. I love his show. Even though I disagree with him defending Israel and sucker punching Islam every now and again.. I still think it's the most "conscious" out of any news, or alternative news shows out there.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What do you guys think about Lou Dobbs? He hasn't gone beserk with "911 was an inside job" type rhetoric, but wouldn't that just be counter-productive anyway?

It's like the people that criticize Ron Paul for not being an outspoken truther... There's no way he can get to the white house running on 9/11, and there's nothing he can do about 911 till he gets there, right?

Anyway, back to Lou Dobbs. Here's why i like him; he's covered the NAU 'conspiracy' and he also gave very generous coverage to the NORAD lies and to ABLE DANGER. I think Lou Dobbs is probably one of the best journalists that we have.

[edit on 10/3/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i will debate any official story advocate, anytime, anywhere, and win.

i cant prove any CT, however i can prove the official story wrong.

I challenge you to a debate, Bill Maher.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

I think that's a very fair statement.

The question is, if Bill Maher came to you saying this:

"I can't prove the official story, however I can prove that 9/11 conspiracy theories are wrong."

...would you accept that stance as legitimate?

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Essedarius]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

It's kind of sad when all the 'arguments' they stand by have been shot down repeatedly at JREF. Not to mention them laughing at their own 'jokes' with canned laughter and applause added in.

I'm sure Marshall Mcluhan would have something to add about their feeling it necessary to by proxy insinuate themselves into a 'broadcast' with celebrities as if somehow that gives their 'points' added validity.

Sad. Really sad.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
for some reason i thought bill would have the 9/11 truth movements back.. i guess i was wrong, i usually like bill but i did not appreciate these comments

Me too man! A little shocking to say the least.

I believe that this is pressure put on Maher from the high-ups at HBO. They don't mind letting him play the left/right game, but when it comes to what really happened on 9/11, HBO wants to make it's stance clear. That subject is off-limits (unless you support the official story of course).

A truly "liberal" and "free" media would never shut their eyes to such a blatant lie.

Peace

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The video was pretty funny, but I have issues with it and the message behind it.

I really wish the "9/11 Truth Movement" was more organized and more effective. I've basically given up on my efforts to help the "truth movement" because it's so unorganized.

I mean, the guy in the video said "we're not going anywhere". That's motivating and all, but you actually have to make a difference before you can really be taken seriously when you say that.

Look at the things the ACLU has accomplished. Or how about Judicial Watch. Organizations like this actually get something DONE!

What has the 9/11 Truth Movement accomplished? I have no doubt people have been convinced by "truthers" (I hate that word), but what difference, in the bigger picture, has really been made?

No evidence has been turned over. No new investigation has been launched. No change has been forced. No politicians have been turned. No "truth" has been exposed on a large scale. No laws have been changed. No accountability has been forced. No justice has been served.

NOTHING has been done. Absolutely nothing.

Face it - the 9/11 Truth Movement is a failure. It's ideas, hopes, and dreams are great. It's foundation, leadership, and tactics are flawed. Time is working against us, and as long as we continue the same old, over used, ineffective tactics, and continue to allow fame hungry morons like Alex Jones lead us around a circle of half truths, then that statement "we're not going anywhere" will be the cold hard truth - just not in the way that most people think.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think Maher will be as controversial as he can be on MSM, and he definately leans to the left.

But I also think that he would oblige to align with MSM opinion if told to do so. He's not gonna lose his job. IMHO.

2PacSade-

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

Originally posted by jprophet420

I think that's a very fair statement.

The question is, if Bill Maher came to you saying this:

"I can't prove the official story, however I can prove that 9/11 conspiracy theories are wrong."

...would you accept that stance as legitimate?

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Essedarius]

I would say great, why do you support a theory that hasn't been proven then?

I don't support any CT so no love lost.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I concur.

Personally, I knew the instant the towers fell that the official story was not true, plus the pentagon part seemed fishy to me immediately after going 'live' at the scene. For a long time people thought I was a bit crazy for saying what I did, but they were my friends, because they were the ones I could trust. I felt the 'patriotic' vibe so overpowering and fascist, that I was afraid of speaking out. I think many others felt the same.

Eventually the internet helped those of us who 'question' to connect. But part of the problem, because there is so little factual evidence that really backs up the official story, at least in my opinion, you have too many 'what ifs' and 'loophole coincidences' to really stand on firmly. The 'foundation' for 911 truth is constantly moving, and has a hard time building any momentum for it self because the 'truthers' are constantly fighting among themselves. Hologram Vs Missle, or whatever...

The 'Real Facts' of mystery and coincidence surrounding that day that 'everyone' can agree on about get lost in the drama of the battle about the imagined 'details' that each truther is championing. I stay away from the fray because of this 'inner struggle' among the movement. I know the score, will tell anyone who will listen to "The Facts" and encourage them to research it all themselves.

Hopefully someday, before the MSM buries the notion of 911 truth, we will all stop letting the 'partisan' politics that is happening, and try to agree on the facts...

We need to stop fighting each other about what we can't agree on, agree to disagree until 'they' give us more information, and work together with one another to demand the truth. Until then, the movement will never gain 'popular' support.

DocMoreau

(grammar)

[edit on 5/10/2007 by DocMoreau]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join