It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake security chopper at Basecamp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

I understand your concern. I think at this pint, we've all been fooled by more than one bad attempt at lousy photos or images from A-51, Dulce, not to mention UFOs in general. I think most of us, and I speak for myself here, dont want to appear to be fooled because it takes away our credibility, and honestly, makes us look like a "kook". Instead, we try to be the opposite, and we "poo-poo" everything. I call it "DENY EVERYTHING."

To be honest, on our part, you didnt tell us WHY you had the opportunity to take photos at Groom Lake. I agree with you, its just a chopper, but that chopper sits on Groom Lake, correct? I imagine is at the website you provide us with, but I didnt explore there much, as I suspect most of us didnt, at least not in this event. Believe me though, its been bookmarked.

So let me ask, in the spirit of supressing the disdain, a few questions.

1. Was this on Groom Lake/S-4?, AKA Area 51?
2. How were you allowed to take photos on the base?
3. How were you allowed to keep said photos?
4. What credentials do yo have? IE, Are you a military phtographer?

I think answering these questions up front will be very helpful in setting you pics aside from the average "OMG LOOK A UFO OVER MY HOUSE!"

As for the pic, my opinion is, It says Rescue on it, but that doesnt mean its not at Groom Lake. And having a refuel boom bothered me for a second, seems a bit more suited to Naval duties, but then it occurred to me, if they were looking for some pilot who was downed for whatever reason, they might want a chopper to stay On station. As for being a security heliocopter, I can see having a chopper be in the dual role capability. Im no Chopper pilot so I cant say with expertise, but its seems very possible.

Anyway, nice pic. As they used to say on Napster...
Thanks for Sharing.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiwynn

So let me ask, in the spirit of supressing the disdain, a few questions.

1. Was this on Groom Lake/S-4?, AKA Area 51?
2. How were you allowed to take photos on the base?
3. How were you allowed to keep said photos?
4. What credentials do yo have? IE, Are you a military phtographer?

The pic took by gariac was at Base Camp, a facility near, although related to, Area 51. A public highway intersects Base Camp, so that's how he got the photos. As for his credentials, well check out all of the awesome photos on gariac's website, www.lazygranch.com.... The helo is known to be based at Area 51 because of its tail number; in the past they used to "sandblast" visitors to sensitive areas along the border.

<< 1   >>

join