It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gable Film - Michigan Dogman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Also, I didn't see ears or a tail. I see what someone might think are ears and tail but are actually a trick of light and NOT ears or a tail.

My conclusion too. And if you don't believe in those two things, I really can only see a gorilla in the footage..

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Again I have to port that if this creature is a hoax so be it. The teeth and jaw are not human or gorilla...more mutant so to say.

I isolated the bite sequence.

[edit on 1/10/07 by Rhain]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I seriously think the end looks fake. It's like they put up a picture with teeth on them infront of the camera and then purposely dropped the camera on the ground.

I still think this video is really freaky. I really don't know if it's true or not. If it is I wonder if the people in the tape got murdered by whatever that was.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Man in a costume. It's arse is way too high and it's arms are way too short to be a gorilla, and it does not have the body shape of a dog.

Fake.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The only reason I think it could be real is because it's from the 70's. And how could the average american fake a creature that well?

The website says that it's an unintentional hoax. If it isn't real^^

[edit on 2-10-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

All agreed with. But...who's to say that every creature wandering our world fits in with the accepted evolutionary paradigm? See;

www.ufowatchdog.com...

Maybe The Skinwalker Ranch wasn't a unique occurence and other occurences have happened, unseen, elsewhere. Perhaps creatures that evolved on other realms now mark their territory here?

Just an idea. Me, as usual, thinking out of the box...

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Beamish]

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Beamish]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Smells like viral marketing....... Or is that all a bit passe these days?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The only reason I think it could be real is because it's from the 70's. And how could the average american fake a creature that well?

How exactly do we know it's from the 70's ??
Because someone said it was doesn't cut it. Know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

All agreed with. But...who's to say that every creature wandering our world fits in with the accepted evolutionary paradigm? See;

Good point. cryptozoology is a very interesting field and we are finding new species every day so although we shouldn't shut our minds to new possibilities, we should have a healthy skepticism. Sometimes a gorilla is just a gorilla.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Again I have to port that if this creature is a hoax so be it. The teeth and jaw are not human or gorilla...more mutant so to say.

Actually the teeth in the video are very similar to a western lowland gorillas. Remember that just like humans, not all gorillas have the exact same tooth alignment but have the same basics unless lost over time or injury.

Again, the teeth in the video, match very closely to a gorillas.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

You have to stop it at exactly 00:03:13:933 to see the poitned ears and tail. Not at 3:13.700, or 3:13.450. The old cameras shot at like 10 fps alot changes within the fraction of a second.

As for the tail it's not like the normal tail you'd think of the tail looks exatly like the dog posted on the first page. Fluffy, and curled back over toward the front of the animals back.

I'm still going with wolverine if it's not a hoax, because of this picture:

upload.wikimedia.org...

But I am leaning toward hoax cause of the splice that I mentioned on page two and many others have metioned throught this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You have to stop it at exactly 00:03:13:933 to see the poitned ears and tail. Not at 3:13.700, or 3:13.450. The old cameras shot at like 10 fps alot changes within the fraction of a second.

As for the tail it's not like the normal tail you'd think of the tail looks exatly like the dog posted on the first page. Fluffy, and curled back over toward the front of the animals back.

I'm still going with wolverine if it's not a hoax, because of this picture:

I saw the frame you mentioned has a tail in it. I can see how it could look like a tail.
I upsized the video to 45 megs which cleared up the picture a bit. The video is now alot clearer and is absolutely a gorilla with no tail. It's part of his butt going up in the air as it's charging.

Really good eye though as it's very hard to distinguish anything in that frame with the blury video available online.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

hhh, yeah, i think its a frog!! COME ON PEOPLE!!!
whats the FIRST THING that pops in your head seeing this??
and WHY even LIMIT your thinking to dogs?? HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A GORILLA??
but wait, why would it be there? are their any zoos in ohio?? *rolls eyes*

GOOD LORD! i usually float around in the background, but on this i had to speak up. its really more sad to see your guy's willingness to believe
in anything OVER COMMON SENSE AND LOGIC!!

so, umm....I think its a wolverine!! GIMME A BREAK!! THINK PEOPLE!! and not immediately fancifully!!!
“Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.”
-Einstein

*Question EVERYTHING*

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a wolferine?

I'm assuming its like a werewolf?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Murdoku spouted..."so, umm....I think its a wolverine!! GIMME A BREAK!! THINK PEOPLE!! and not immediately fancifully!!! "

Wow, i think your right... after living in the Michigan area for 35 years and hunting for almost that long, being chased or attacked by everything from bulls to fieldmice, how could I be so foolish as to offer as my opinion of what I see on that film an animal that was sighted as recently as 3 years ago in the general area ( www.msnbc.msn.com... ) and closely resembles the size and stance and attitude of that sort of animal. There were no "confirmed" sightings in Michigan for 200 years, but the human population has doubled since the 70's and wolverines are crafty. This one didn't just appear out of thin air.

So it must be a....... Chupacabra crossed with a gorrila and dropped in the woods by aliens !!11!!1!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The first thing that strikes me is all the credits at the beginning and end of the video, which to me scream of “Blair Witch Project”, or “Alien Autopsy”. The only thing that dates this footage is the camera, the truck, and the clothing. I can produce several working 1970’s cameras, and a 1970’s truck with about a days notice. So my hoax sensors are already screaming. Even the way the film was obtains sounds too much like “Alien Autopsy” for my personal liking.

Beyond that I would have to say a bear, they are very common to Michigan. Though it does appear to be more gorilla-like in its shape, movement, and appearance. Just because the camera was dropped does not mean that anything happened to the photographer, they might have dropped it getting back in the vehicle and recovered it later on.

I do recall there being a drive through zoo somewhere in that area in the 70‘s or 80‘s, which included some pretty large gorillas. Maybe this was filmed there, the camera was dropped and later recovered by staff. I recall going to that zoo with my grandparents, who lived in northern MI when I was young, and the monkeys sitting all over the top of your car.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Murdoku

What exactly was the point of that post? I don't get it.

Wig

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok my turn now,

First impressions fake, from start to finish. "the gable case # MP041177-1" LOL
Made to look like a Michigan Police ref # no doubt, and has anyone asked MP if it resembles a case no. yet? -No- Great start.

The human leg enhancement does look like a human leg is being dragged behind the creature, but then the thing does a very impressive all fours leap forward. It does look like it could be a pet dog at this point but that human foot/leg looks out of place.

I'm going with very good fake by a human in a suit.

www.youtube.com...
Look at this video, runtime 0:03 - 0:06 (do you see the guys left leg behind him with his foot in the air vertical) - 0:08 enlarge the picture to full screen, it clearly looks like a human crawling commando style, you can see his foreams and maybe even his hands at two points. He then does very impressive leap forward, and convieniently the camera cuts away.

The other reasons are numerous but the most telling reason is the driver of the truck, where did they go?

And the total lack of provenance for the film and the lack of anyone checking the police files.

[edit on 3/10/2007 by Wig]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Axxis

This is a gorilla:

This is a wolverine:

COME ON, PEOPLE!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

then you are one of the "over anxious".

top topics