It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty Scary Newsday (AIDS Activist) Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't post often but after reading this thought I should throw it up on the boards. I didn't see it posted anywhere else so my apologies if this is a double post: www.newsday.com...

----------------------------
Edited title to reflect topic

[edit on 25/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Pressuring activists with fear tactics, that's one of the oldest tricks in the books, I'm afraid. I think the FBI is behind this one.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Just posting to say that if I had found myself in that woman's position I would have simply stopped my car, gotten out and walked over to the other vehicles in a confrontational way. I would probably just go right up to their window and ask what in the hell they were doing.

But yeah, this is shady stuff. At least when cops tail real criminals they are discreet (or try to be). Obvious intimidation tactics here and to do what, stop help for people with HIV? Wth.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

activists have a record of doing drastic things when there liberal views arent accepted by people with common sence. they fbi more than likely was worried about mine and your safty.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

i could go on but im sure you can use google too..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
just to let you know i dont think it is right. but between liberals and terror america is in trying times. we cant be too carefull..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

The Republicans haven't done a whole lot on the HIV/AIDS front, this protester showing up at their convention could be embarrassing-best if she was simply pressured not to show.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Good Call DaleGribble - that's what i love about this site.

Though I do believe after carefully reading the article over and over for several hours that they were in fact mib trying to hide some freaky ufo #.

seriously.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
Just posting to say that if I had found myself in that woman's position I would have simply stopped my car, gotten out and walked over to the other vehicles in a confrontational way. I would probably just go right up to their window and ask what in the hell they were doing.

Better yet, why not just call the local police and tell them your being stalked, and there is now a suspicious vehicle out in front of your place.
They take that very seriously these days. How funny would it have been to see the would-be harassers being surrounded by local police officers and questioned. She would also know who it was that was tailing her as the officers would have to file a report for the call, even if it was another agency.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by damagemouse

Why do you feel that way?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That whole situation sounds screwy to me. Why would the government want to follow her for a rally that has already been approved? If they didn't want it to happen, wouldn't it have been easier to just not approve it?

And that whole fake company thing. It reminded me more of organized crime thing than anything.

It could also be some radical "Christian" group that's against homosexuals that's putting pressure on her.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Excellent find, and an interesting one. The reporter's tracking of the license plate also provides an some fascinating information. I'd like to see a followup to this but, as others have remarked, this has been done worldwide by many governments for thousands of years.

Given the actions of the current administration in attempting to shut down any protests (including limiting who goes to speeches and rallies as well as rewriting reports they didn't like that were given to them by scientists), I can't say I'm surprised. I am curious to know who did the hamhanded surveillance, though. The FBI and others have a lot of tools and tracking the car would be as simple as bugging it.

Either they wanted to be seen or they were relative amateurs hired by a local group. In either case, there's lots to speculate about.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

many agencies use obvious survalince as a means of visual deteriant. they obvisouly didnt think she was that much of a threat. if they didnt want you to know you wouldnt..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow what a great post, i honestly dont know what id do in that situation, offer them a cookie maybe ? hot choclate, its awefully cold out side, like the beverly hill cops with eddie murphy, that guy knew how to do it.

ProTo

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
that wouldn't intimidate me...some activists seem like wimps.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Save your conservative rhetoric for your conventions. We're not interested and it has nothing to do this the article in the OP.

I believe the site you're looking for is AbovePolitics.com

[edit on 25-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by uberarcanist

activists have a record of doing drastic things when there liberal views arent accepted by people with common sence. they fbi more than likely was worried about mine and your safty.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

That has got to be the goofiest comment in this thread. In the first place, "activists" are both liberal and conservative. There are anti-abortion "activists" and pro-gun rights "activists." For nearly every side of every political issue there are activists.

Secondly, you seem to be unable to distinguish between "activists" and "extremists." The link is clearly to a story about extremists. Posse Comitatus are right wing extremists. If I did what you did, I'd take a story about tax reform activists and link it to the story of Posse Comitatus and say:

"activists have a record of doing drastic things when there CONSERVATIVE views arent accepted by people with common sence."

By the way, it's their and sense.

Perhaps the most ridiculous thing is your insinuation that somehow, if they are activists for a liberal point of view, it justifies an investigation because they're liberal. I wonder how you would feel if somebody advocated investigating conservative activists just because they're conservative.

Geez. Learn to be an American.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by matttheratt]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sounds like she deserved it. She was trying to change the world for the better. She deserves everything she has coming to her. How dare she go against the grain! I'm so incensed I'm going to go shop at the mall and get some Starbucks like a good patriotic American would do. Shame on all of you, questioning their motives.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by matttheratt

Wow Matt, your post says it all. What a refreshing breath of fresh air and great response to an utter imbecile. You make some excellent points and observations and addressed the false logic and absurdity of his post.

The first star is from me....regards...kk

[edit on 25-9-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by DaleGribble

Save your conservative rhetoric for your conventions. We're not interested and it has nothing to do this the article in the OP.

I believe the site you're looking for is AbovePolitics.com

[edit on 25-9-2007 by tyranny22]

there is where i believe you are wrong. this woman was being followed by some agency and i was simply pointing out the fact that the activist trac record may be the reason they were following her. if you dont want to hear truth you shouldnt be here. i wasent trying to offend i was just trying to make a point. sorry you cant see things the way they are..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

www.cbsnews.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

I agree, they probably just wanted to make sure she wasn't planning anything, groups like ELF and abortion bombers aren't helping other peoples causes.

That being said, this is America, and I think they should wait until a crime has happened before they investigate and scare a woman who hasn't done anything yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join