It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever afraid to post your thoughts on here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Here in the U.S. that is covered under the Article III Section 3 in the Constitution:

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

www.usconstitution.net...

Q52. "Could you explain what is meant by 'but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood...' as stated in Section Three?"

A. It means that your offspring cannot be held accountable for your treasonable actions. Basically, they wanted to ensure that the acts of one person did not taint (at least in a legal sense) the rest of his family.

I'd worry a little closer to the current time frame as far as governmental scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
the government can't balance the budget, find Bin Laden, put the lid on Iraq, or find their bottoms with both hands and a flashlight. What makes anyone think they're capable of doing anything with any of us netizens?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Why would any government really give a toss about what someone like myself thinks?

I / we are a total irrelevance to them and they will continue as they wish with complete disregard for forums like this.
Come on, they disregard the wishes of the whole electorate when they want to.

The only times, and there has been a few, when I have refrained from posting something that I have wrote have been when they either been complete nonsense, insulting or in complete breach of the T&C.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Here in the U.S. that is covered under the Article III Section 3 in the Constitution:

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Q52. "Could you explain what is meant by 'but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood...' as stated in Section Three?"

A. It means that your offspring cannot be held accountable for your treasonable actions. Basically, they wanted to ensure that the acts of one person did not taint (at least in a legal sense) the rest of his family.

I'd worry a little closer to the current time frame as far as governmental scrutiny.

thank you for tht so my offsping are uncountable for my actions for me thts a good thing ..........but could it be a law where by these "old" powerfull familys can also be held unaccoutable ?

its only a question

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Why would any government really give a toss about what someone like myself thinks?

I / we are a total irrelevance to them and they will continue as they wish with complete disregard for forums like this.
Come on, they disregard the wishes of the whole electorate when they want to.

The only times, and there has been a few, when I have refrained from posting something that I have wrote have been when they either been complete nonsense, insulting or in complete breach of the T&C.

i agree there have been times ive alomst "hit" post and realised its only how i feel and not what i think .......and not what im tring to get across and delted it BUT if i had someting of improtance to say id sayit to hell with the consequences the truth is the truth and lies only breadd lies

if i could prove god existed id tell the world and equally if i could prove it didnt id share all the same wouldnt you?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

im not sure if this post got threw before so for give me ATS/or my internet is playing up

could this I"t means that your offspring cannot be held accountable for your treasonable actions. Basically, they wanted to ensure that the acts of one person did not taint (at least in a legal sense) the rest of his family"

could this not be missconstood as a fail safe for the power familys of the world to not be tried and held accountble for there family actions tht they have been born and bread to belive and carry out?................

[edit on 24-9-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

If I have something really important to share, would I post it to an internet-forum to people I dont know? Where the information could be swept away by hundreds of other threads and short attention-spans? I dont know. It doesnt seem to do the information justice.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've been posting on this board for years and I can honestly say that the only time I was approached by a man in black, he was handing out fliers for a funeral home.

I served my time as a mod and even then, the government universally ignored me.

It's just not fair

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

If I have something really important to share, would I post it to an internet-forum to people I dont know? Where the information could be swept away by hundreds of other threads and short attention-spans? I dont know. It doesnt seem to do the information justice.

can you not just say what you have to say and stop hiding behind the pretence of a secret .......just say it if its out there its in the open it wont die if you keep it to your self it will

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I have typed many responses to posts only to delete them instead of posting due to this fear. Most of the time I am afraid to discuss terrorism, Iran, Iraq and 911 events.

This is a shame for America that I, and I bet many others are starting to feel this way. It is sad I feel scared to use free speech in the United States.

I always feel like somebody is watching me here...

Its all you! Its just plain paranoia. Nothing is going to happen to you because of what you post here. In fact, I seriously doubt anyone from government even realized this site exists. I'm sure they have better things to do then to scan this site.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No. I was making a case for why some people might decide not to post important stuff. Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
There is no question in my mind that they are profiling people to the extreme, but for the average verbal sparring and opinion shared here its just not worth their effort I'm sure.

ya, I doubt there's any use for putting extra focus on random postings done in spare time - but some people may actually see this place as an outlet for actual information. And amongst all of the random comments here, ranting, sarcasm, etc. - an actual gem of info may be disclosed. Not many (if anyone) here would even take note - but this is being stored...

and in a few years, or just when someone decides to query a particular phrase, or array of strings... that post can come up. Then, they do a trace on the IP, user name, writing style, etc.

As you said, it's all being done now - and it's not just ATS, but internet in general. I mean, personally I know a few search phrases I could throw into google that are actually putting out info that is most def. NOT supposed to be public. As in, Privacy Act of 1974 violations.

I have a very strong background in this exact topic, which I will not go much further into, due to the exact topic of this thread!

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
the government can't balance the budget, find Bin Laden, put the lid on Iraq, or find their bottoms with both hands and a flashlight. What makes anyone think they're capable of doing anything with any of us netizens?

that is the scariest type of thinking to me. It's such a common view as well. The government does exactly what it intends to do. Why do we lose the war on drugs? because we ARE the war on drugs. Why are schools failing? It's the intended purpose! Why is the dollar losing value? and etc.

I digress... but then again, this IS a conspiracy site

[edit on 24-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I am leary, yes, and choose my words carefully,

I also worry about alienating fellow members.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm not afraid on here, the only thing i fear is people ignoring me. Other then that i don't fear the government looking at my posts, and wondering what this guy is up to. Is it so wrong to want to answer a question? It's up to the person even if they go insane. I believe in second chances. I don't believe the government does monitor, maybe only because of the certain people that go on here. Like 9-11 truthers, and even folks like john lear, or wade frazer that might pose a threat to the government. But i think most of the time, when they talk about this website on tv, the only thing it will get is flack and bs from people that just make fun of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I won't post my whole "idea" or so theories ,though tbh i do post clues to my theories in appropriate threads ..but keep it short...very limited.

Reasons being i will be told by some i am an idiot & that is not something a person needs while doing some research of your own.

I will never start a thread about my theories ..a better way to say,i know i am not a scientist/skeptic/scholar/writer/CGI genius and will be torn to shreds tbh.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just accept it that if I post something the government does not like that they can do something to me. If that where to happen, it would raise many questions from my family and friends and hopefully they would see and understanding what I've been trying to tell them. If that happend then my imprisonment, torture, death would not be in vain.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hells No.
I post whatever I want, and I usually don't post much, it has to really catch my attention before I post anything, but lately i've been posting a couple times to just get my other thread going, but it's getting very little attention

But yeah, I believe they got bigger fishes to fry than me posting stuff, but sometimes I do worry about some "patriot act" type thing..all the sudden one day hear the door knock or get busted down and swat teams or something coming in pointing a gun at me and say " YOU'RE A TERRORIST! YOU'RE A SPY Blah blah blah!"

so sometimes on certain threads I tend to just read other peoples post and usually there will be someone to say the same things I would of said.

anddddd usually I feel like on here, there are a lot of Wolf's in sheeps clothing posting, but I won't mention too much

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If I was a head of a govt. agency, this is exactly the kind of site/forum I would build to find out who the malcontents are.

Am I paranoid; maybe a little.

I guess it a sacrifice I'm prepared to make to have so much fun and great exchanges with some of the most articulate, knowledgeable, witty mooks on the www.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm not afraid. I'm sure, if the gov wanted to get on me already, they would have b/c of past involvments in a different site anyway. I'm probably documented out there someplace. Haha.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
OP, they fear us, its not the other way around. youre falling into trap they want you to fall in. be as outspoken as possible.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join