It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they? (A question about MARS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I know we all remember the face on mars right? Well since we are now back on MARS, why not check this out and quiet the critics once and for all. I for one believe that it is some alien structure. It is just too.....hell I don't know........perfect looking to be just a regular rock structure. Tell me what you guys think.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
They checked it out once again with the Hubble and proved that it wasn't a face, but a mountain cluster with poor resolution on the original picture.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Actually, it was the Mars Global Surveyer that made those pictures. You can see them together with a nice article here.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What I really dont get, is why they dont land in this area:

If I were a scientist, I would be VERY curious about these structures!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
probably because the terrain is too rugged and would probably hamper the landing of a craft like the rover.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
this looks like the most plausible location for life or remnants of life to be found.

why not land here?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I can't wait until we send a manned mission to Mars.

ummm, if we haven't already..

I might even volunteer to go, as ummm an "average joe".. yeah that's it.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
because they might crash into one of those structures!!!

remember the rover had to roll and bounce out of control until it finally stopped...if they did that in that particular area, they may risk popping the airbags that cushion the thing...and oops..there goes the mission.

I don't think they can land in that area until they send a manned flight with someone who can actually control landing the craft and avoiding obstacles.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think i read somewhere that the probe currently on Mars was sent to an area the scientists thought was one of the likeliest to have had large amounts of water in the past.Although i may be confusing it with a previous or recently launched mission.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I can't wait until we send a manned mission to Mars.

I hope they don't! Otherwise we might be subjected to some awful sequel to "Mission to Mars". Thats one catastrophy I cannot live with!

Well, on a more serious note, I'm greatly interested in the Martian pyramids and the monolith graveyard. There's yet to be anything to explain there origin. And by the looks of the pictures there is something possibly unnatural about them.

I think there was a post by DragonRider, peace be upon him, about the updated martian face and that it might just be some cover-up by NASA to hide it's real identity. Perhaps I'll dig that post back up. Or maybe not.

-M.E.

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by MrEisenhower]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I find the surface of Mars (from those pictures and others I've seen) to be amazing. It would be a wonder if we ever got a crew of astronauts to land on Mars.

join