It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the reason the South Tower Fell First?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The South Tower falling in less than an hour is very troubling to me, I don't think they planned it to fall first. But information below shows the men with their fingers on the switch to bring down the towers were listening to the firemans radio, and realized that if they waited much longer the firemen would do there job and put out the fires. If the building collapsed after all the fires were out, how would that look? So they pulled it ahead of schedule to stop them from doing there job. Not to many people seem to notice this.

Chief Orio Palmer – WTC victim. Chief of Battalion 7, FDNY, Manhattan.

Transcript of FDNY radio communications on 9/11: Battalion Chief Orio Palmer took an elevator to the 41st floor of the South Tower, then climbed the stairs to the 78th floor. With him was Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who had climbed the stairs from the ground floor. They were the first firefighters to reach an airplane impact zone in either the North or South Tower. According to the 9/11 Commission Report, United Flight 175 impacted the South Tower, "crashing through the 77th to 85th floors".

9:52 a.m.

Chief Palmer: "Battalion Seven ... Ladder 15, we've got two isolated pockets of fire. We should be able to knock it down with two lines. Radio that, 78th floor numerous 10-45 Code Ones."

www.arcticbeacon.citymaker.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It has always bothered me that the second tower hit was the first to fall. Your thesis is the most plausable I have heard (if in fact it was a demo)

I persoanlly have felt it was a set up from day one (Go Ahead Bill Maher, call me crazy)

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
VERY interesting possibility, I wouldn't doubt that for one moment.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Essentially yes, Orio Palmer’s arrival at the 78th floor is the reason the south tower had to be brought down first. Interestingly he also somehow got the elevator to work which took him to the 41st floor. That may have played a role here as well in the early demise of WTC-2. A working elevator would have meant rescue personnel could have reached the upper floors much quicker than expected (by the 9-11 planners).

I would like to carry your thought process a little further, Blue_Jay33. Chief Palmer’s statement already indicates there were no large fires. But then where was all that smoke coming from? Might it have been mechanically generated? It’s sensible to say 9-11 perps knew they were about to be ‘found out’. And that they had to act instantly (and blow up the building without further delay). They wanted to spare some lives, else they could have demolished the towers from the get-go. But most of all the 9-11 cabal had to keep any witnesses — especially professionally trained rescuers — from entering or leaving the ‘crime scene’.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I never even thought of this.I've read this same thing over and over elsewhere and I've heard the audio but didn't look at at it from this perspective.
I find it very interesting.Wizard mentioned that "they" wanted to spare lives and I tend to agree with this because of the time of day the towers were hit.
Usually people start work at 9:00 a.m. but I'm not sure about the businesses in the WTC's.
If the perps wanted to cause maximum casualties wouldn't they have targeted the buildings later in the day?
As for the large amount of smoke and only two pockets of fire, perhaps there were more small fires they couldn't see.All that smoke was probably from smoldering office furniture, cubicle walls,plastics etc.
Good observation Blue_Jay33.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I,like Citizen Truth have never thought about this.Very interesting theory Blue Jay 33,And very plausible to say the least.
I too found it strange that the south tower fell first.And the way it started was also very odd.correct me if I am wrong ,but wasn't this the tower that had the "tilt" when it began to collapse?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Does anybody know in fireman terms what the code 10-45 means from what he said on the radio?

Also of note too...

The appearance of Edna Cintron, looking out of the hole in the North Tower caused by the airplane impact, raises doubts about the existence of raging fires at the impact point hot enough to substantially weaken steel, which according to the official account caused the collapse of the Twin Towers. Note also the near absence of smoke.

Maybe you have seen the pictures of this.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I figure it took them an hour get the gold and to blow the vaults in the basement areas, which is why lobby windows were blown out, once the trucks were leaving with the gold, they just demolished one, reset the switches and demolished the other one.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
OK.....As someone who was at the base of the buildings that day. Outside, not inside. Never inside that day. I have a bit of a different take on things. For years I had done business or went to lunch or dinner with people in those buildings. I worked 2 blocks away. For a long time, those buildings were constatnly under renovation. Here is my theory and it never really caught on, but I do have a post for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the buildings were wired. I believe the buildings were attacked. I do not believe the US government had anything to do with the attack. I believe it was the US government that gave the order to pull the buildings. If you want to read more as to why....read the above post.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Is it not possible that because the 2nd tower to be hit was hit lower down that it came down first due to the extra weight of the upper floors.

Alternatively i suppose you could argue that - if it was indeed demolised in a controlled - the people in charge of the whole operation reasond that it would be obvious to the layman that it should happen this way due to the weight of the upper floors.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Once again tinfoilers!

The 78th floor was a skylobby - a place where people changed elevators
from the express to local elevators which stopped on each floor.
Because it was an elevator lobby the floor contained few offices with
combustibile furnishing and paper to burn. The lobby had tile floors
and marble panels on the wall. The wing tip of UAL 175 slashed through
the floor killing and seriously injuring dozens of people by flying debris
and burning jet fuel. About a dozen of the injured managed to escape
via Stairway A which escaped damage by being shielded by elevator
machinery. A young trader and volunteer FF, Welles Crowther, showed
people the stairway and helped them down. The 2 fires seen by Chief Palmer were burning in a corner of the floor, the heavy fires were burning
on the floors above (79-84) which took the major impact of the aircraft
and burning jet fuel.

As for the person who asked what 10-45 means. It is FDNY code for
civilian casulties (non FF). What Chief Palmer was reporting was the slaughter house in the elevator lobby after UAL 175 had ripped though it.
He gathered up some of the injured and sent them downstairs to be meet
by his men coming up. The freight elevator used by Palmer on the way up
jammed with his men and the injured in it.

Rather than conspiracy theories perhaps should research people like
Welles Crowther, he died in the South Tower assisting FDNY in helping
the injured.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster who states that the building was under constant renovation and could of been wired without anyone knowing. I've been to the empire state building and there are several floors under renovation, the whole room looked like a dump wires everywhere, pieces of dry wall missing. So to those who say how could the buildings of been wired without anyone noticing, this is how I believe it could of been done

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is just my take on why the second tower hit fell first. I have been watching the vids and comments for a while and don't think this has been brought up, I could be wrong. Whatever hit that tower, and it does not matter what it is, it only matters it hit off center. This caused a lot of damage to the outside walls and one corner opposite the impact side.

We have all seen the video of the corner support beam giving way then the top tilting over. A lot of the videos I hear a crack sound. This could be metal under stress or explosion. Again I don't care. If you watch the corner in the closeup videos the metal beam seams to glow on a 45 degree angle. This does not look like something burning but more like metal under a cutting torch. The beam breaks on that split, slides in on that angle and pop the building goes.

So you know you messed up and damaged the charges on the sides and corners of the builds. You know the whatever you have wired up is reacting with the metal and so is burning though. So you sit back and wait till the last second when the metal slides the top tilts then you have no choice but to press the button. If not the top falls and then no excuse for all that weight crushing the floors down like pancakes. Got no facts or figures just a Homeland kinda gut feeling on this.

top topics

join