It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creatures In Chinese Lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

Found this thought it was quite intresting.

Any thoughts on what these could be??

There was a report on the news just then about something similar i did'nt catch where but it involved 8 "creatures"

Well thoughts welcome

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Very strange, in the first part it looks like the creatures are not even moving at all. In the second part there looks to be just a few greenish fins popping out of the water but moving faster, and the third part looks alot like eels.

Strange looking creatures though.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If they are eels they pretty huge. The last part of the video is taken from quite high up and it looks amazing.
I wonder if anything is being investigated in the lake...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
15 of the "creatures" were sighted in that video which was taken in July of this year. In 2005 there were previous sightings and the area has attracted many "lake monster" tourists, much as with the case of Loch Ness, in Scotland.

Interestingly enough, the Chinese often say, that the Loch Ness monster looks like an Elephant with it's trunk held out of the water and question if there was an escaped circus Elephant swimming in the Loch. When it comes to their own home grown creature however, they are baffled by it's mystery.

Here is a link to another view which shows the surrounding area in more detail. Kanasi monster

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the local area is like? Is it somewhere that could benefit from the money and business brought in through tourism? just a thought!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
While ANY place could benefit from tourist dollars, Xinjiang is not without financial resources. Their Provence GDP was about 28 Billion (USD) and their Oil and Gas extraction industry is booming. As it is also a remote area, is it not on the regular tourist route, so at this point any increase in tourist dollars is minimal.

Still, having a new attraction is worth playing up. Loch Ness does a fair business in monster tourism.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

Interestingly enough, the Chinese often say, that the Loch Ness monster looks like an Elephant with it's trunk held out of the water and question if there was an escaped circus Elephant swimming in the Loch. When it comes to their own home grown creature however, they are baffled by it's mystery.
[/url]

When did the Chinese say that? OFTEN SAY? You better back up with evidence.

If you can't come up with evidence within 3X24 hours, then you are a LIAR, hoax.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It wouldve been really nice if they were using cameras less then 25 years old.... I don't understand why all my videos come out crystal clear with my 6 year old jvc camera, yet every video that comes out on the internet is a blurry mess.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
It would've been really nice if they were using cameras less then 25 years old.... I don't understand why all my videos come out crystal clear with my 6 year old JVC camera, yet every video that comes out on the internet is a blurry mess.

Hihihihihihihi....JVC Japanese camera is good. American made no good camera, and they were using cheap Chinese camera. They should know some good Chinese products.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai

If you can't come up with evidence within 3X24 hours, then you are a LIAR, hoax.

My reasons for making that statement are based on personal experience. Many times when I have mentioned the Loch Ness Monster to my Chinese friends, they have mentioned elephants. The most classic photo of the Loch Ness monster, is of it's head sticking out of the lake, looking very much like the trunk of an elephant. Further questioning has revealed that, at least in Fujian, it is a some what commonly made connection.

Be careful whom you accuse of being a lair. Hostile manners will get you nowhere. There is no hoaxing in making an observation on peoples responce to an event. I will be in China next month and will ask more about the Kansai lake creatures, and poll their impressions on the comparison to the Loch Ness Monster.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Be careful whom you accuse of being a lair. Hostile manners will get you nowhere. There is no hoaxing in making an observation on peoples responce to an event. I will be in China next month and will ask more about the Kansai lake creatures, and poll their impressions on the comparison to the Loch Ness Monster.

Ok, within less than 3x24 you have made zero value statement.

So you are nothing more than an Chinese-American hoaxer.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Again Cibai, Careful with making accusations. There is no Hoaxing in making an observation of peoples statements. Hoaxing would be if I made false claims or invented a fabulous story, neither of which I have done.

Why would some Chinese believe the Loch Ness to be an Elephant? Just because parts of China are isolated, does not mean that they are ignorant of the outside world. Many Chinese get news from around the globe, much like you and I. There are Numerous sources for the Elephant theory and apparently they are given some credence in China.

Here are some additional links, along with photos and illustrations which demonstrate the Elephant theory.
Washington Post
National Geographic With a great illustration
Great photo of Nessie??
Science Buzz With a side by side comparison.
   The Register UK

A scientist in China claims that the Kansai lake monster is actually a kind of giant fish.

Purportedly, the lake is home to a large or a number of large creatures. Many tourists visit it each year in search of the creatures and there are some descriptions of sightings in the article.

"It's fish. Giant fish, some about 15 meters (50 feet) long." Says Yuan Guoying, a researcher at the Xinjiang Institute of Environmental Protection. Yuan has been studying the lake and the supposed creatures since a sighting 20 years ago.

Yuan and his team have concluded that the lake contains at least dozens of these fish, a type of large Salmon, and are about 30-50ft long and weigh as much as 4 tons.
From crypto-blog.blogspot.com

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

While ANY place could benefit from tourist dollars, Xinjiang is not without financial resources. Their Provence GDP was about 28 Billion (USD) and their Oil and Gas extraction industry is booming. As it is also a remote area, is it not on the regular tourist route, so at this point any increase in tourist dollars is minimal.

Still, having a new attraction is worth playing up. Loch Ness does a fair business in monster tourism.

Actually in Xinjiang translated as the new province has a oppressed turkish minority who for sure could use the money.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is a recent report of similar creatures in a different lake in China, that is located near the border with Korea. This footage was reported on September 10.

'Tianchi Monster' Caught on Film

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I reckon its just a bunch of elephants that have escaped from the zoo and are swimming around

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Very interesting. Its a shame the video is such poor quality, but if its really true that the visible part of the objects were several times larger than the biggest sightseeing boat in the area, as they say in the article, then its pretty unexplainable.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
that is so the chupacabra

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Wow 15 creatures, this is probably even bigger new than the loch. Though lake doesn't seem big enough for 15 creatures to be only seen once in 2 years. However considering that the lake is quite remote with mountains surrounding it......

The reporter said that this is the first time that 15 creatures all appeared at once.

Quite interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Dosent China have these wierd man sized fish looking things that are going extinct or something due to overfishing? I remember seeing something about it some months back on Fark.

Wig

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai
[

I think you need to calm down mate, He only observed (through his experience) that Chinese think the loch ness monster was an elephant, this is a common enough theory, lots of Western world people think the same thing so why shouldn't the Chinese? But not anymore because the photo in question has been proved to be a fake using a toy submarine IMMSMC.

<<   2 >>

join