It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outstanding Article, Best I have read yet..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
In regards to "flipping a switch"for the pilots, it is not THAT simple. There is a distress code ( i think its 3 numbers) that has to be typed in.

I have heard this before. I think you're right, but shouldn't we have thought of another way of letting them know on the ground of a highjacking? What I mean is just like in this so called scenario, we have guys rushing the cockpit. Why would it be standard to have to type a 3 letter code instead of pressing a "panic button" or SOS button? I know hindsight is 20/20 but don't we have the smartest engineers working on things like this?

Why don't you ask your buddy, the NASA systems health manager why not? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

my "buddy?"
What are you implying there?

Think pre- 911. Did hijackers actully take over the controls? The hijackers would force the pilots where to go etc.

To install a panic button would not be very smart due to accidentaly setting it off. Can you imagine F-15's scrambling everytime a pilot accidently trips the alarm?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

my "buddy?"
What are you implying there?

You keep saying that if we find anything wrong with his paper that you'll e-mail him. Sorry for assumming you were "friends".

Think pre- 911. Did hijackers actully take over the controls? The hijackers would force the pilots where to go etc.

Would they also allow them to type a 3 code response into their panels? I don't know.

To install a panic button would not be very smart due to accidentaly setting it off. Can you imagine F-15's scrambling everytime a pilot accidently trips the alarm?

So make the alarm hard to accidentally "trip". How hard could it be? Place a cap over the button that the pilot has to flip up and then push? Simple movement of the thumb that is not natural in just pressing buttons. I can think of plenty ways to have it more secure. Plus, how long does it take to type in 3 letters? About the same time to push a button + another button.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
You keep saying that if we find anything wrong with his paper that you'll e-mail him. Sorry for assumming you were "friends".

Actually on the cover of his paper he lists his e-mail address and i pointed that out on one of my posts on that thread.

Would they also allow them to type a 3 code response into their panels? I don't know.

Unless the highjacker knew exactly what the codes are, i would say it didnt matter.

Plus, how long does it take to type in 3 letters? About the same time to push a button + another button.

Agreed... three steps down to two. your not saving much time if any at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Listen to the phone calls that were placed, listen to cockpit recorders. You can hear them, witnesses described them. There is no question at ALL that who took over the planes and WHO crashed them.

Ahum. Facts please. As far as i know none of the audio tapes of the CVRs were released, and also much of the alleged phone calls were not released either.
Only the first (about) three minutes of a phone call between Betty Ong and the AA people were released. No talking about the hijackers there.

So could you point us to those phone calls? Or were you referring to the transcript of the last part of the CVR of UA93? Or is there something else that i missed?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The flights, all commercial aircraft, have a SWITCH that has a COVER and takes a SECOND to flip. It is and has been standard procedure for pilots to activate that switch if they think they are being highhacked.

Pilots are trained to be able to activate all controls by TOUCH, in case all lighting were out, and to think that they could not have a switch there is ludicrous. Pilots have already replied to this and they say that it takes a second to flip the switch.

There is NO reason that not one switch was flipped, except for the remote highjack scenario. No opne had answered how that could be.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

There is NO reason that not one switch was flipped, except for the remote highjack scenario. No opne had answered how that could be.

I'll agree, and I've also heard that the flight attendants had switches of their own.

Now one question, if the switch was flipped how does this change the outcome? Does flipping the switch make it easier for Air Traffic Control to track and therefor intercept highjacked aircraft?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This “American Airlines Flight Manifest” is per Globe Staff? Assumingly the Boston Globe newspaper. Please note that neither United nor American Airlines — to this date — have directly released official 9-11 flight manifests of their own. They must be worried about something.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly

Originally posted by eyewitness86

I'll agree, and I've also heard that the flight attendants had switches of their own.

Now one question, if the switch was flipped how does this change the outcome? Does flipping the switch make it easier for Air Traffic Control to track and therefor intercept highjacked aircraft?

Yes very much so and makes it so the ground is aware of the situation and not repeatedly calling trying to reach the plane.

I guess if the hijack switch was hit when it would of been hit had the offical story been true then there would be enough time to scramble jets

As it happened, teh jets flew around for 30 minutes while everyone on the ground was trying to figure out what happened. If the switch was hit there would of been no questions. (as I believe it would have been hit if the Official Story was true)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Willie911

UHM... the cockpit "microphone" picked up a struggle and was recorded. These tapes were used during the Mousouii trial and now available online. I have posted it several times in this forum.

So the FACTS are ...there WAS a struggle and it WAS recorded.

EDIT: Spelling and to add:

To be more specific, the recordings of Ziad Jarrah were recorded on Flight 93 from Air Traffic Control. You can hear pilot Jason Dahl yelling "mayday."

Mohamed Atta's recordings were from a radio transmission as stated in the trial exhibits.

If anyone would like to look over the exhibts, they are very graphic but also very informative:

www.vaed.uscourts.gov...

This is a very large downlaod, but the voice recording are in it.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by CaptainObvious]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The qustions about the hijack codes is silly... the REAL question is why did ONLY ONE of the eight captains/co-pilots KEY THEIR MIC so ATC and others would HEAR? The button is at their INDEX FINGER.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pootie

Pootie ...

We don't know exactly what happened in the cockpit...the two voice recordings from the pilot of flight 93 were 5 seconds and 7 seconds over a 33 second time period. There was an obvious struggle.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

We don't know exactly what happened in the cockpit...the two voice recordings from the pilot of flight 93 were 5 seconds and 7 seconds over a 33 second time period. There was an obvious struggle.

Even if you take that to be fact... what about the other three flights? Why were the mics. not even keyed for a second?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pootie

Why? No matter what side you are on here...is pure specualtion. The terrorists took over the cockpits..this is obvious. Mohmad Atta was recorded speaking on the plane as well. You can hear this at the site I posted above.

Pootie... may I ask what you "think" happened? And please keep in mind the amount of phone calls that were made on all 4 flights. Many of them telling of men taking over the planes. So, please let me know what you think happened on these flights.

thanks,

c.O.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am waiting for a good answer as to why out of 4 planes not one got off and emergency call or signal, when at least Flight 93 received a message about the other hijackings.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Boy Captain, seems your willing to argue against any speculation what so ever that doesn't conform with the official story. Is there any reason for this? Do you even toy with the idea that what we've been told has quite a few misleading if not misinformative aspects to it?

[edit on 9/20/2007 by infinityoreilly]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

I would assume because they were all murdered...Tough to get off a distress signal with a knife in your throat.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by infinityoreilly

I am a skeptic. I look for facts. If a speculation can be explained false, I'll let you know. they same way truthers attempt to tell me when I'm mistaken. Please point out where I am in error, I will assure you I will do my best to correct it.

Thanks,

C.O

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

Thanks for answering the first question how about the second? Are all aspects of the official story cool with you? Are you skeptical of anything in the 911 Commissions Report and if so could you be specific? Are you skeptical of any of the NISTs findings?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would assume because they were all murdered...Tough to get off a distress signal with a knife in your throat.

What about Flight 93 pilots who knew about the other hijackings. Why did they get surprised ?

In the small cockpit 1 pilot could have kept the hijackers at bay while the other got off a message. Unless the pilots were real wimps and were afraid of 2 guys with box cutters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join