It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a theory about some of the cryptids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This has been mentioned partially in other threads, but i didn't find a complete discussion about it, so here we go;

I'm not certain what to think about the hollow earth theory yet, but if you connect it to cryptids it kind of makes sence.
Most of you have been reading about underground passages and tunnels in Peru, Malta, about Mel's hole or mythical places like Shamballah or Agartha.There's hardly a place on earth which doesn't have something like that.

Now, if you look at some of the cryptids you can see that some of the same or similar species are seen all over the world also. For example; Alma, Yeti or Bigfoot, or Nessie, Ogopogo or Champ. Also there are shapeshifters and fairies in most of the worlds myths and legends.

The thing is there is no strong proof that any of these beings really exist but a lot of people have seen them at least.

My quesion is; what if they're just a bunch of 'tourists' from the underground? That would explain why no one could catch any of them or why no carcases are found.

I would really like to read your take on this one.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That is an interesting idea. I've heard that the underwater cryptids may retreat to caverns within the lakes that they are ofter sighted. That would certainly make sense as to why no one has ever photographed one. I mean, if I lived under Loch Ness and some little hunk of metal with lights shining from it started diving toward me, I'd run and hide until it went away. But the idea that the bigfoots and the like also live underground is something I haven't seen explored short of that one X-Files episode.

That would certainly explain why there are seldom accounts of groups or couples of bigfoots. It's generally one stray one at a time. Perhaps the group stays safe underground while one who draws the short straw pokes his head up and goes looking for food? I'd imagine the menu is rather limited underground.
If that's the case, then maybe these bigfoot hunters are looking for the wrong things. Instead of hair samples, droppings, and plaster casts, maybe they should throw on some spelunking gear and check out some subterraneous cave networks.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am not a skeptic to the whole underground experiments going on, but I dont think all of the cryptids would have been created down there.

I believe that some cryptids may be simple mutations of other 'normal' species of animals that we see everyday, such as the Thunderbird or the Chupacabra, but I cant explain them all.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I said just some of them. And i'm not talking about underground experiments (which could explain Chupacabra and some other stuff), but about the ancient tunnels like one discussed in this thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Btw, don't creatures that lady saw look a bit too much like bigfoot?)

It would be nice to know how many caves (investigated or not) are in the areas with frequent sightings of bigfoot and his relatives.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like this line of reasoning. Now since the hollow earth theory is really just some kind of interdimensional portal.....

This leads to my personal theory of at least one class of cryptids. Based on some of Loren Coleman's observations it seems that many cryptids are either prehistoric or other worldly. What if cryptids are actually creatures that have wandered through a time portal or some other kind of interdimensional portal?

There are places that seem to have such intermittent gateways. Moreover there even have been humans who have claimed to have fallen through such things into another era.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It would be great if some of the bigfoot researchers could contribute to this thread and tell us if there are some unexplored caves or tunnels in areas frequently visited by bigfoot.

Another thing that comes to mind connected to this idea and bigfoot is this; one of the things characteristic for bigfoot is the odor. Now, this was my trail of tought:
hell or hades (as undergound)->caves and underground tunnels (hollow earth theory)->sulphur (smell usually connected to hell)->bigfoot odor.
Tried sulphur at wikipedia and:

Elemental sulfur has only a faint odor similar to that of matches. The odor associated with rotten eggs is from hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and organic sulfur compounds

so i continued to hydrogen sulfide and found this:

Hydrogen sulfide (hydrogen sulphide in British English) is the chemical compound with the formula H2S. This colorless, toxic and flammable gas is responsible for the foul odor of rotten eggs and flatulence. It often results from the bacterial break down of organic matter in the absence of oxygen, such as in swamps and sewers (anaerobic digestion). It also occurs in volcanic gases, natural gas and some well waters. The odor of H2S is commonly misattributed to elemental sulfur, which is in fact odorless.

It's a long shot, but it kind of adds up.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just bumping this tread with a sincere hope that hunting bigfoot doesn't mean just running around the woods like a headless chicken.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think it is a natural instinct of most animals to retreat to some type of shelter when trying to evade something or someone.

To say they would dwell underground through some type of cave or passage... IMO, doesn't fit any evidence.

More cryptids would be reported in and around cave areas ( or bottomless holes if you wish ). Not to mention there would be more evidence of animals living in caves such as food/remnants, a bedding area, etc.

If it were a possibility, why do we still see bears quite frequently. As they reside primarily in caves during hibernation, would they not venture deeper into the said cave or underground area in search of food, shelter, etc.

join