It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TempurPedic commercials and subliminal messaging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This might be in the wrong forum, if it is, I'll take my spanking when it gets moved.

This comes from years of being a paranoid type of person.

Today, I was cruising through the TV channels and saw a commercial for the TempurPedic bed with NASA developed technology and whatever else they were saying. My thing is, when they do their "demonstration", they show an older, overweight, unattractive couple tossing and turning in their sleep, then show a young, in shape, attractive couple cuddling up and sleeping on one of their beds.

I call this subliminal messaging because *once again, coming from the mind of a paranoid person* I think it shows the public that only unattractive people will use conventional mattresses and attractive people will use the TempurPedic mattress. Weaker minded people will probably follow that logic and call their number to get more information. I think this works like the old "only beautiful people smoke" logic, if anyone remembers that from DARE class.

Anyways, this is just my opinion on a commercial for a product, please don't flame me too hard.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sounds like a typical advertising ploy. Everybody knows that buying advertised products makes you more attractive and desireable.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Sounds like a typical advertising ploy. Everybody knows that buying advertised products makes you more attractive and desireable.

Yeah, that's the message I was trying to get across with the "only beautiful people smoke" thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sorry,but i have a visco-elastic matress(tempurpedic]...Tempurpedic is a brand name,like a crescent wrench is a brand name.Anyways i wouldnt sleep on anything else,its fantastic.In fact when my spouse and i were in the wine country for new years and the hotels only had regular mattresses i was in pain.The visco-elastic is the way to go,trust me.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Sorry,but i have a visco-elastic matress(tempurpedic]...Tempurpedic is a brand name,like a crescent wrench is a brand name.Anyways i wouldnt sleep on anything else,its fantastic.In fact when my spouse and i were in the wine country for new years and the hotels only had regular mattresses i was in pain.The visco-elastic is the way to go,trust me.

I don't doubt that a bit. I wasn't questioning the integrity of the materials used in their product, I was questioning their advertising practices.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
While I don't have a tempic bed due to the price, I have laid on one and it is definitely a different kind of mattress. It's like foam but firm. The seat cushions are nice also.

top topics

join