It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are seamonkeys??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ive had these little critters as pets many times, but just what are they??

They seem to be strange little things, well I say little, one of mine grew to about 2 cm long! which I think is BIG for a seamonkey..

They need to be put in water, and then hatch from wierd green/brown powder, and need to be fed daily with more powder..

I only want to know what these creatures really are?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
They are brine shrimp that your hatching. google them. im pretty sure that is what they are.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They look very similar, yet look completely different in another way too

The head of the shrimp I think is slightly different, but this could be from breeding to become pets.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok they are seamonkeys, I found that I search both and they come up the same pictures..

Thanks for the help anyway, I love em

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The way they were advertised in the 1970s comic books, they looked like intelligent beings. Those old advertisements were hilarious.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sea-Monkeys® are a unique species of brine shrimp, known by the scientific name of Artemia NYOS. We not only unlocked the most elusive secrets of their life cycle, we created new formulas to keep them alive under conditions found in the average home—an accomplishment never before achieved! Finally, after years of crossbreeding, we developed a hybrid. These amazing new hybrids grow larger and live longer than any "natural" variety of brine shrimp. Resulting from the most exquisitely sophisticated “aquaculture technology”, by true pioneers in this science, only the utmost resources of a leading marine biological research center working for a span of many years has made this project a complete success.

Taken from here: Sea Monkeys

top topics

join