It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Category 5 Hurricane Felix

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This new storm doesn't look good for me.

www.stormcarib.com...

It looks as if it's going to be close to Aruba within some days, so I will keep my eye on it.

www.wunderground.com...

[edit on 1-9-2007 by TheBandit795]

Felix grows to a powerful Category 5 hurricane

[edit on 9-2-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think we'll have a Felix before the weekend is over. Your wave should be tropical depression in a few hours once the Hurricane Hunters do their investigation. I don't think you have worry about it rapidly intensifying into a hurricane, but expect tropical storm conditions unless it starts heading more northwest than westnorthwest.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I hope that it does move more to the north, worldwatcher.

Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire are now officially under a tropical storm watch.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well it's TD#6 as of 5pm

Tropical Depression SIX Public Advisory

Tropical storming issued for Barbados, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tobago, Grenada, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and the northern coast of Venezuela, along with St Lucia probably in the target later on

looks like quite a few islands will feel TD6. Keep us updated if you get any wicked weather, I'll be watching your island on satellite and hoping that TD6 meets some wind shear or dry air somewhere.

[edit on 8-31-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'll keep you guys posted. I'll try to get some pics of the storm as well.

Btw.. Check out the strange weather we had last sunday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Looks like about the same path as Dean but a little farther south. Major cane in about 5 days...

For track forecast click on 6L.NONAME here, will be changed to the name of Felix when reaching tropical storm status and that will be probably be tomorrow morning.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Wow, this storm develovoped very far south, my mums family lives in Trinidad and Tobago and she has like 20 realatives there and its not offten a Tropical system pops up and effects the islands.

On another note, it seems that this years hurricane treand is going to be systems hitting central America.... the weather systems from year to year change thier overall 'median' paths for the season... at least to my observation for the last few years...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Tropical Storm Felix Advisory Number 4
Tropical Storm Felix Advisory Number 4

FELIX IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 18 MPH...30 KM/HR...AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

ON THIS TRACK...FELIX WILL BE PASSING NEAR OR TO THE NORTH OF THE ISLANDS OF ARUBA...BONAIRE AND CURACAO LATE TONIGHT OR EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR 65 MPH...100 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. FELIX COULD BECOME A HURRICANE ON SUNDAY.

TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 45 MILES...75 KM FROM THE CENTER.

THE MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER PLANE WAS 1001 MB...29.56 INCHES.

Keep your head down and stay safe Bandit!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Tkain zero said " On another note, it seems that this years hurricane treand is going to be systems hitting central America.... the weather systems from year to year change thier overall 'median' paths for the season... at least to my observation for the last few years..."

do not extrapolate two storms paths for the rest of a season, steering patterns usually change many times (i.e strength and weakness's in the atlantic high pressure ridge)

in la nina years (like we are having in 2007) it is noted particularly by a couple pro-mets on this weatherboard i frequent (storm2k.org) that their is usually a large uptick in LATE SEASON ACTIVITY with u.s threats, especially a lot of carolina hits are during la nina years

in regards to felix IT WILL track thru the south-central caribean south of jamaica and then it should be watched to see if it turns more toward the western gulf of mexico (like dean threatened until the models saw the ridge building back westward very strongly) this time the ridge may not save texas, but either way the yucatan would bear the brunt of the storm which will IMO become a MAJOR hurricane with potential for another 5.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Keep your head down and stay safe Bandit!

Don't worry Gools, I'll be good. We were just checking the roofs for possible locations where the water will leak through and fixing them. There's a thunderstorm here at the moment as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a few days from now people from belize to the south-central yucatan peninsula will be facing a catastrophe, hopefully like dean this storm hit's a very rural area with few people

and keep your eyes open behind felix there is another storm labeled an "invest" 500 miles east of islands , this is forecast to develop yet take a more west-north west course toward puerto rico mid next week (same time felix hits yucatan/belize)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yep, I've seen the other tropical wave.

As for Felix. I've finished checking my roof and it looks okay, so I'll say Bring it On Felix!!! at 14 degrees north of course...

*runs for cover*

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Here's Felix:

Source

Good luck, Bandit! Stay safe!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I started another thread without checking for existing ones

Here is the current computer models, these images are dynamic so they will
be updated as the site they come from updates them.
As you can see, right now it is projected to take an almost identical track that
Dean did but this is subject to change, depending on whether a trough of low pressure is able to swing him to a more northwesterly track.

Also here is the 5 day forecast

If Felix does stay far enough north to make it into the Western Caribbean on Tuesday and Wednesday, there is a trough of low pressure forecast to swing north of the region that could turn Felix on a more northwesterly track into the Gulf of Mexico. The models are split on this, and we'll have to wait and see. Those of you planning on being in Cancun or Cozumel on Wednesday should pay close attention to Felix.

The NOAA jet's first flight will be Sunday morning.

Source

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here's another image of the steering currents that are currently affecting Felix, i believe this is also dynamic (real time) so it should update as well.

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Kr0n0s]

mod edit: converted over sized image to a link

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
We have a hurrican watch here. And now according to stormcarib.com the storm will be as close as 53 miles away from here at almost 12pm on Sunday.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much, Aruba will be on the weak side of the storm. At worst, you'll probably get some downed trees and a lot of rain.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Yea and New Orleans was on the weak side of Katrina to
and while it is true that they flooded there was also plenty of wind damage. I even adjusted some homes where the roofs were almost gone or caved in completely..

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Yea and New Orleans was on the weak side of Katrina to

Katrina was a cat 3 - 4, no comparison to this barely cat 1 storm.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here's the latest satellite loop from the weather channel website. It appears that its really getting its act together, the NE quadrant is closed and it will probably develop an eye by tomorrow morning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join