It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haves vs. The Have-Nots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have not seen anybody holding me down.

I was born a dirt poor hillbilly and my fortunes have rose and fell pretty much according to my efforts. I could be a lot higher up on the food chain now if I wished to but I would rather spend my leasure time with my family than running an extra mile in the rat race. I am not rich by any streach of the imaganation but I am well feed, comfortable and happy. In most of the industrlised nations of the world the poorest of us live better than most of the rulers of old, its just a matter of prospective.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have not seen anybody holding me down.

I was born a dirt poor hillbilly

why were you born a dirt poor hillbilly? were your parents lazy or ignorant? did they not work hard enough? i'm not even trying to be disrespectful so please don't take it that way...i'm asking an honest question...why do you think you were born poor? why do you think the vast majority of people in this world are born poor?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

why were you born a dirt poor hillbilly?

I have asked myself that a thousand times

It was more the times and the place than anything else, back then rural arkansas was like a third world country. Half the people around us did not have running water or electricety, shoes were just for school and church, etc,we were better off than a lot BECAUSE of my parents hard work. Really the lack of education and oppertunities were the only thing that held them back. But that has improved for my generation and pretty much disapeared as a hardship for my childrens generation. You work hard to improve your life and your childerns and so on. That is the american dream and pretty much anyone that tries can accomplish it in my opinion.

The key is education and oppertunity.

<< 1   >>

join