It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened with the antrax "attacks"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Any particular reason why the Fed's haven't just come out and admitted they took part in them?

We constantly hear about 9/11, one would think a biological attack so close to that event would still be attached to it in all of the BS political rhetoric that is jammed down our throats.

Whats the common opinion about the anthrax "attacks" here on ATS?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I forget how many letters contained the substance but I remember at least one was from Florida which one of the men was from. I also recall news reports about the man seen going into a pharmacy with problems related to exposure and manufacture of Anthrax. However when people are interviewed by news reporters sometimes anything comes out to be a bigger part of the moment.

Furthermore Anthrax has a signature to see where it originated from as what country of manufacture. Where's the report on that and all the findings? Any reason this would be classified or is it just no one has filed freedom of information act to get the reports?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by diedagaincraftsmen

Furthermore Anthrax has a signature to see where it originated from as what country of manufacture. Where's the report on that and all the findings? Any reason this would be classified or is it just no one has filed freedom of information act to get the reports?

Didn't they already conclude it came from Ft Detrick in Maryland?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Anthrax that's some nasty spore's..

Did you know that Antrhax forms naturally on sheep's wool hence the reason wool farmers are given the Anthrax vacine.

I had that vacine. Well i was told/advised to take it before deployment to Iraq.

Anthrax is a fungal spore btw it's a real hardy BLITE can survive just about anything.

Making it into a weapon and finding a way to distribute it would be a great problem i think.

The amount in those letter's must have been huge.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by diedagaincraftsmen

Anthrax has a what ? A signature ? No im afraid not its a fungal spore my good man.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 23-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think what diedagaincraftsmen meant is that certain species of anthrax can have a detectable source. In the UK recently there's been another foot and mouth scare. F&M must have a "signature" for them to have discovered the source (for that particular strain) was a local laboratory and that it could be foul play. Maybe it's similar with anthrax.Ain't it wierd though that the anthrax letters all happened around 9/11 and none before or since. Perhaps someone wanted another subject discussed on the news to take some of the focus off the twin tower disaster and at the same time help spread the fear and enforce the belief in the brand new "chaos is coming, where will they strike next ?" paradigm.
In my opinion, any governments anywhere on this planet who allow folk to contain and work on these bacterias, virus's, and any other dangerous diseases, aren't fit to govern anyone. We have all the weapons in the world you can think of but that kind of stuff is truly evil.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I can honestly say i disagree with you 100%. The reason they knew the foot and mouth came from the lab was due too it's close location to the outbreak nothing more.

Foot and mouth is foot and mouth. Anthrax is Anthrax. There is no label it is what it is ?

I really must make this quite clear.

How can a Anthrax fungal spore have a certain characteristic ? They are all very different from one another.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I remember the feds investigating a guy at fort detrick but never knew the outcome.I also remember the mailroom guys in the company i worked for on long island at the time wearing rubber gloves and masks over their face and mouth.It was pretty tense in new york right after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I can honestly say i disagree with you 100%. The reason they knew the foot and mouth came from the lab was due too it's close location to the outbreak nothing more.

With the foot and mouth case one of the officials stated on a tv programme that this "strain" hadn't been seen since a 1961 outbreak iirc? and that they knew it came from one of those lab's as both were working on this particular "strain" it was also stated at the time that there are differences between "strains" as they develop and mutate over time.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its my understanding that once they traced the anthrax to a US Gov. facility, they dropped the case. Why?

Here are a few websites about the 'investigation'...

www.anthraxinvestigation.com...

www.askquestions.org...

www.computerbytesman.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Foot and mouth is foot and mouth. Anthrax is Anthrax. There is no label it is what it is ?

Regard's
Lee

I just assumed there were individual strains with their own DNA "families" (isn't there?) . I'm not disagreeing with you, I just didn't know. Thanks for pointing that out. So if there's more anthrax letters, or even another foot and mouth outbreak, there's no way to tell their original source? That's worse, because the finger can be pointed at the wrong folk then.I was sure there were different strains of anthrax, like E Coli strains have different numbers. Are you sure?

[edit on 23-8-2007 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am 100% certain. It was part of my job at one time in my life.

I know what you are saying but what i think you might mean also is when they say they followed it back to such and such a place.

Well they followed it using the envelope not the content's.

Anthrax is a fungal spore.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I really must make this quite clear.

How can a Anthrax fungal spore have a certain characteristic ? They are all very different from one another.

Regard's
Lee

There are different strains of anthrax, thereby making it possible to determine exactly which lab weaponized it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can just imagine some bigwig in Washington....

"The Homeland Security bill passed? Great! No need to keep the anthrax project going anymore. Now onto Iraq/Iran..."

I just look at who has the motive to do such things and go "hmmmm".

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I believe you guys are going off on a tangent. The topic (I believe) is "Whatever Happened With The Anthrax Attacks" and not the "How can you trace/not trace anthrax"...

Once again I will post for you some interesting sites that help with this threads original premise... (reading my above post will show you where Im going with these)

Analyzing The Attacks - www.anthraxinvestigation.com...

Questions Raised - www.askquestions.org...

The Anthrax Conspiracy Page - www.computerbytesman.com...

I put this threads exact question to Google and got these interesting sites:

www.niemanwatchdog.org...

www.able2know.com...

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

May I humbly suggest that if y'all are truelly interested in seeking the answer to this question that you read at least some of these sites and not get off into symantic tangents?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Yes a strain can be traced back to the lab it came from, the anthrax came from a military lab at Fort Deitrich. Very few people actually had access to the lab.

The first batch of letters were sent out 9/18/01

The President and the white house staff began taking cipro, the antibiotic prescribed to cure anthrax on 9/11/01, a full week before the first letters were sent out.

The letters were sent to ABC, CBS, NBC, a major newspaper, the NY Post I think and the one that doesn't fit here, if this were a test of which one doesn't belong, The National Enquirer. (one might almost think the letters were sent to control the media, to make sure no one began to ask obvious questions about 911) after all the media would have reported about the anthrax no matter who got them.

The first victim to die was a guy, Robert Stevens who worked for the National Enquirer, and had recently chosen a photo to publish of Jenna Bush that was showing her in a not too flattering position. Strange coincidence, one might say.

The two Senators, Patrick Leahy and Tom Daschle who were sent the letters were two who were opposed to the Patriot Act and held key positions to possibly block or stop the Patriot Act.

Most of the facts above are from memory, but it came from a thread here where I have linked them to their source, here is the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-8-2007 by goose]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
What happened with the anthrax attacks is that they did their job, and have since been covered up. The Bush Crime Family murdered a few people they wanted dead, terrorized a few they wanted neutralized and have so far gotten away with it. We a dealing with murderous thugs of the very highest order here kids. I highly recommend reading the links posted in this thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You got to think that the media and the congress, the senate and the judicial system are all being controlled by someone since no one has sought to put all of the facts together or to impeach Bush and Cheney.

Our news is doled out in one fact at a time, over a long period of time, and it is only once someone seeks to link them and put them together that it makes sense, but instead of anyone actually putting it all together, we are bombarded with what Paris Hilton or Britney Spears is doing. This kind of crap news used to be only on the entertainment shows, now it is considered hard core news.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Any particular reason why the Fed's haven't just come out and admitted they took part in them?

Gee, why do YOU think they haven't done that?

[edit on 25-8-2007 by SamuraiDrifter]

top topics

join