It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some of us predisposed (born/made) to debunk??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Haha, well fair is fair, this is not my area of expsertise on here, I am a politics man myself, so I wont argue that one, other than even if it was a real it would hvae huuuuuuge im forge thte estimates but rediculously massive, and you would only be able to see it from space, why would aliens go to all that effort on some barren desolate little planet?

Either way that was just an example and you missed my entire point, and seem to be completly ignoring the fact you beleive that everyone should agree with you and see what you see because YOU see it.

Girl calm down

People are never going to agree with you on this one.

Learn to take it stride.

Not to blame it on some medical condition that causes us to actually think.

The truth may be out there, but its not in your pictures.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Haha, well fair is fair, this is not my area of expsertise on here, I am a politics man myself, so I wont argue that one, other than even if it was a real it would hvae huuuuuuge im forge thte estimates but rediculously massive, and you would only be able to see it from space, why would aliens go to all that effort on some barren desolate little planet?

Either way that was just an example and you missed my entire point, and seem to be completly ignoring the fact you beleive that everyone should agree with you and see what you see because YOU see it.

Girl calm down

People are never going to agree with you on this one.

Learn to take it stride.

Not to blame it on some medical condition that causes us to actually think.

The truth may be out there, but its not in your pictures.

mods sorry for the large quote but there is sooo much that needs to be responded to ..

first of, it is not a barren desolate little planet, you really need o quit drinking the NASA kool aid babe. like the moon it is alot more like Earth then you can imagine, did you know the sky is blue there??? did you know that means that there is a breathable atmosphere?? why wold they go through the trouble?? who knows, why did the frickin egyptians build the sphyx and the stupid pyramids???

second, you missed MY point i'm not saying it is a medical condition i'm saying someone/something has "changed" your brain to not see things.
AND I'M NOT THE ONLY NE THAT SEES IT, THERE IS MANY OF US THAT SEE IT.

third, the truth is out there and it is in those pictures only you wouldn't see the truth if it pinched your ass...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Hah, yeah i'v heard a theory of a very strange website that these people are soul-less robots who keep the rest of us in line

They're called Organic portals

Yeah ive heard of organic portals, dunno if its true or not.

Im sure though that many people are paid to debunk.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Raffles

paid to debunk?? interesting, you mean here at ATS?
what a great conspiracy theory that would be..

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It seems to me that "debunkers" only have two answers for everything.

1. Photoshop
2. Computer generated image.

Those are really the only two arguments and "proofs" that I have ever seen skeptics use to "debunk" anything.

That doesn't mean that the skeptics are wrong. It's simply because almost every UFO/alien hoax is faked on a computer, because it's the easiest and most effective way of doing it. Obviously it's going to be the one that comes up the most. I myself have learned the basics of Adobe Photoshop, and although I am a strong believer in ETs, I really can see that most of the pictures that pop up are ridiculously fake.

Originally posted by Hexidecimal
Debunker's who debunk photo's would learn it after they were born. They would need to know how to tell doctored photo's, anything faked, (Such as a man in a suit, or a balloon in the sky).

Yes I agree with this. A lot of the debunkers that use the photoshop reasoning are actually experts in digital imaging and use photoshop themselves, so surely they have the most reliable viewpoint.

Originally posted by darkheartrising
paid to debunk?? interesting, you mean here at ATS?
what a great conspiracy theory that would be..

I actually believe that organisations like the CIA have people creating false information and debunking/derailing discussions such as we have on ATS. I don't know if they specifically target these boards, but I wouldn't be surprised tbh. And there's no doubt that if they do create false information elsewhere, it gets back to ATS and upsets the real discussions, e.g. some of the easily debunked UFO hoaxes could have been made to discredit the real UFOs.

In reply to the OP, I think skepticism comes in hand with logic and common sense. Some people can look at a picture of a UFO and say "oh my god there is a picture of a UFO so it must be real". I don't think that's the way it should be. Obviously some people use logic and scientific reasoning too much, you have the people that turn their nose up at anything. I don't think that our science can explain everything in the world and I do like to go into things with an open mind.

But because there are so many fakes popping up all the time, we have to consider how each new one could just be another fake, because the probability is that it is one. Usually it will be identified as a fake within the first couple of pages, but if it's not then we can start discussing what it might actually be if it is real.

As I said, I am a strong believer in extra terrestrial life, and I do believe that people have seen UFOs, but it's sad to see uneducated people go mad over pictures that are quite blatantly fake. It makes it look like UFOlogists are scraping the barrel, which discredits the rare good picture that we get here.

Darkheart, do you mind posting a link to one of the moon pictures that you were talking about, and describe what you see that is out of the ordinary? If they're the same ones that i'm thinking of then I don't really know what i'm 'meant to' (that sounds so bad) be seeing, and I didn't see anything special when just looking at them.

Cheers.

[edit on 27/8/2007 by malganis]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This troubles me and makes me wonder if they have been "hard-wired" either before they were born or after to not "see" things that woud make an impact if EVERYONE was to actually see them as a community...

Communities can be wrong.

Consider this scenario. Let's say I had a vial of liquid that I told you was a miracle potion. I relate to you that this potion could heal any disease known to man. What's more, I tell you the medical establishment is supressing this elixir in the name of profits and professional pride. I then bring out a parade of evidence such as photos, signed testimonials, research from scientists and a group of people who swear that my miracle potion had healed them. Everyone around you is on board with me, believes my sell. After my presentation I offer to sell you a vial of my potion for a mere $50.

Now imagine you had with you a laptop computer with access to the internet. What would you do? Would you accept my evidence without research or would you do some Googling to see if I'm on the up and up?

That's the question one has to answer each day they visit ATS. You can either believe in the miracle concoction without question or do some research before you plunk down that $50.

Sometimes the miracle concoction is on the up and up and sometimes it isn't. The only real way to find out is to question, sort it out and bounce your ideas off of others who are asking questions.

It's always better to fight the impulse to believe. That doesn't mean closing your mind off entirely to new things, on the contrary, skeptical thinking can lead to further discovery.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join